By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U: Darksiders II dev easy to develop, Activision on multiplayer, EA gameplay, Cliff B buy it

More news for Wii U fans: Gearbox Software sees Wii U as a stop-gap console between current and next-gen consoles:

"But we like the system a lot; we think it's going to be a really cool stop-gap in between this generation and the next generation. We think it's really smart of Nintendo, and the fact that as a platform it's a lot more capable for hardcore first-person shooter-style gaming – for us that's fantastic."

Also, we'll see textures on better resolutions than current gen:
"We've got the [Aliens: Colonial Marines] engine running on the Wii U, and as far as the console goes, you're going to see textures at a resolution that you haven't seen on [the current] generation,"

Is he refering to 1080p?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

"We've got the [Aliens: Colonial Marines] engine running on the Wii U, and as far as the console goes, you're going to see textures at a resolution that you haven't seen on [the current] generation,"

Is he refering to 1080p?

No.  Texture resolution is the image size and quality of the textures mapped to the polygons.  Sharper imaged textures can create very realistic looking surfaces on objects and people.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Pavolink said:

Is he refering to 1080p?

No.  Texture resolution is the image size and quality of the textures mapped to the polygons.  Sharper imaged textures can create very realistic looking surfaces on objects and people.

Why does everyone keep thinking he's talking about output resolution when he specifically says "textures"?

Viper1 said:
Pavolink said:

Is he refering to 1080p?

So, if Aliens is also on Wii U, then it will be the most realistic version?

Pavolink said:
Viper1 said:
Pavolink said:

Is he refering to 1080p?

So, if Aliens is also on Wii U, then it will be the most realistic version?

Quite likely as many developers have already stated they Wii U is more powerful than the PS3/X360.  Being graphically inferior would just be odd....especially for a console so easy to develop for.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
"But we like the system a lot; we think it's going to be a really cool stop-gap in between this generation and the next generation. We think it's really smart of Nintendo, and the fact that as a platform it's a lot more capable for hardcore first-person shooter-style gaming – for us that's fantastic." 

Am I the only one who thinks that, while this words (bolded) are welcome, you can also read them as WiiU being a "fill-gap" from this generation to the next, when they will abandon it?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

"But the thing we're most excited about is: what can we do with the controller? So the obvious thing for us is that we can do the motion tracker [on the controller screen], or the sentry gun information – 

I ... I ...

:runs getting a new set of pants:

- otaku's wet dream : check

JEMC said:
Pavolink said:

Am I the only one who thinks that, while this words (bolded) are welcome, you can also read them as WiiU being a "fill-gap" from this generation to the next, when they will abandon it?

Actually, no. I was thinking more on graphical power, but what you said sounds reasonable, and bad at the same time. Hope that's not happen.

Killy_Vorkosigan said:

"But the thing we're most excited about is: what can we do with the controller? So the obvious thing for us is that we can do the motion tracker [on the controller screen], or the sentry gun information – 

I ... I ...

My wife and I were watching Aliens 2 days ago and trying to figure out what from the movie would translate well onto Wii U.  Those were the 2 main things that came to our minds.

Killy_Vorkosigan said:

I ... I ...