By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Jason Statham for Transformers 4?

What do you think about Jason Statham?

He would be a great choice! 15 51.72%

They can find a better one. 2 6.90%

They should have kept Shia LaBeouf. 4 13.79%

I don't care. 8 27.59%

Total:29

Blimey: Jason Statham for Transformers 4?

Simon Brew

Jason Statham may replace Shia LaBeouf in Transformers 4, according to a new rumour. Please let this be true. Please. Please. Please.

Published on Jul 6, 2011

With Transformers: Dark Of The Moon already closing in on half a billion dollars worldwide after just a week on release, any doubts that there would be a Transformers 4 have presumably completely vanished. Not that there was much doubt. In spite of the fact that director Michael Bay is moving onto new pastures, the franchise will continue under a new director.

The search for that director is presumably starting shortly, and consequently, the hunt for a new cast, too. Shia LaBeouf has said, too, that he won't be returning. And a name has now been mentioned that might just suddenly make the franchise a whole lot more interesting for those yet to be convinced by it.

The name? Jason Statham.

Appreciating that there are some who don't get our devotion to Jason Statham, he remains one of the very few movie stars who hasn't sold out, who hasn't attempted to stray too far beyond his areas of expertise, and, crucially, who hasn't tried to make one of those action stars in a kiddie movie high concept pieces of crap. We're looking at you, Vin Diesel.

The rumour has been broken by Showbiz Spy, which quotes a "Hollywood insider" as saying that Statham might be the man to take the franchise forward. The robots will never stand a chance.

Said insider adds that "It's clear the franchise still has huge potential but with a new leading man capable of taking Transformers in a new, darker direction. Jason could be just the man to do that and his relationship with Rosie would be an added bonus in marketing the movie."

Ah, yes. He's dating Transformers: Dark Of The Moon star, Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley. Which presumably fuelled the rumour.

We've no idea whether this one is true. But crikey, we really, really hope it is. The robots would never stand a chance.

SOURCE

Around the Network

Jason who?

*imdb to the rescue
* 5 minutes of trying to remember any of those movies he played

Well I guess he can't be worse than Le Buff anyway :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

DUNNO BUT I JUST WANT CYBERTRON IN THE NEXT FILM!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Love most of his movies so go for it.

That actually sounds interesting, i say go for it.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

crank 2 was amazing so ... actually, just make crank 3 and forget transformers 4.

how would he fit in as the lead? He can't exactly step into LaBeouf's role. He does good work don't get me wrong but unless he is playing a soldier character which would mean more focus on humans fighting which TBH wouldn't be a good thing. But maybe he is voicing a main transformer character that could be cool I guess.

But honestly this rumour sounds like people jumping to wild conclusions based on who he is dating and at most he will probably play a minor character.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Jason Stathem kicks ass! He would be a great choice.

fuck

who cares?...would be my reply.

They have much bigger issues than the lead actor. Who is replacing Michael Bay?