By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Has The Best Exclusives

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:
Player1x3 said:

You are (extremly) biased as well. So calling him biased would be pointless

And hypocritical.

Where's the hypocrisy in my posts? Let me draw an analogy:

There are two thieves. Thief A calls Thief B a thief, because it's quite obvious that Thief B is a thief. Thief B then says that he is not a thief and then calls Thief A a thief. Thief A responds by saying "yes, I am a thief, but so are you". Who of the two is acting hypocritical?

Perhaps it's because alot of the time you push your opinion as fact or because you claim indirectly to have a sense of objectivity when YOU out of all people clearly do not. The system you choose to root for, support, and play is noone's business but when you come with a mightier than thou attitude and claim to be a gamer then that is when you are wrong. Personally I have no problem with 99% of your posts because  my sarcasm meter goes off alot and it is good to see a well established and entertaining member, but it's when you push your "camp's" views as fact that it begins to rub me the wrong way (of course not that you should care, just explaining my view is all). If by chance you were offended then I apologize and feel free to pm me for any discussion or debate as long as it's nice and clean. Have a good one.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
Boutros said:
That's a rather very uneducated article. I'll leave it at that.

Btw No More Heroes is on the PS360.

Nope. Not in North America.

the game is being released on PS3 next month with Move functions, no longer exclusive

Resident Evil 4 is a GameCube exclusive.

well that made no sense, just admit u were wrong n keep it moving

Don't care. I'm not wrong. And people aren't going to buy No More Heroes on PS3 anyway.

how r u not wrong??? the game will be avaible in the US making it no longer a Wii exclusive. n i for one wiil get it as i didnt buy it 4 Wii

1.) I'm not wrong because my copy of "Resident Evil 4" has "Only for Nintendo GameCube" written across the top of it.

2.) Because the game kind of tanked, 4 years ago when it came out. Now it's coming out on a new system with pretty new graphics and some other pretty awesome extras. People aren't going to buy a four year old game priced at 50 USD, people are going to get that shiny new copy of Uncharted 3.

The game was available on the PS2 anyways.  :P

Not according to my copy it wasn't.

inetersting thread...

Snesboy said:
Hynad said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
Boutros said:

the game is being released on PS3 next month with Move functions, no longer exclusive

Don't care. I'm not wrong. And people aren't going to buy No More Heroes on PS3 anyway.

how r u not wrong??? the game will be avaible in the US making it no longer a Wii exclusive. n i for one wiil get it as i didnt buy it 4 Wii

1.) I'm not wrong because my copy of "Resident Evil 4" has "Only for Nintendo GameCube" written across the top of it.

2.) Because the game kind of tanked, 4 years ago when it came out. Now it's coming out on a new system with pretty new graphics and some other pretty awesome extras. People aren't going to buy a four year old game priced at 50 USD, people are going to get that shiny new copy of Uncharted 3.

resident evil 4 was on the wii, gamecube and ps2 :

"my copy of "Resident Evil 4" has "Only for Nintendo GameCube" " yes at one point in time it was "only for" gc but obviously it was later ported to other consoles just like no more heroes was at one point in time exclusive and later ported

o_O.Q said:
Snesboy said:
Hynad said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
Boutros said:

"my copy of "Resident Evil 4" has "Only for Nintendo GameCube" " yes at one point in time it was "only for" gc but obviously it was later ported to other consoles just like no more heroes was at one point in time exclusive and later ported

Nope.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
o_O.Q said:
Snesboy said:
Hynad said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
Boutros said:

Nope.

i can do magic... want to see? i'm about to turn your screen into a mirror, watch...

*waves wand*...

ta da!

o_O.Q said:
Snesboy said:
o_O.Q said:
Snesboy said:
Hynad said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
Boutros said:

Nope.

i can do magic... want to see? i'm about to turn your screen into a mirror, watch...

*waves wand*...

ta da!

I don't get it.

Snesboy said:
o_O.Q said:
Snesboy said:
o_O.Q said:
Snesboy said:
Hynad said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
oniyide said:
Snesboy said:
Boutros said:

Nope.

*waves wand*...

ta da!

I don't get it.

to be honest given your posts up till now i'm not at all surprised

In other news: Chinese is the best Asian cuisine.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

AbbathTheGrim said:
freebs2 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Pavolink said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Pavolink said:
And the thread goes on with "my opinion is a fact"...

Which exclusive games are the best will be a discussion without end, even when facts will be thrown in the battlefield, there is no way one party will convince the other.

However, a fact is that the attempt that third parties and first parties from Xbox360 and PS3 have done in converting this medium into an artistic form of its own (that goes beyond the artistic aesthetic of how cute Mario looks in Nintendo's last game and how fun is to fly Mario with his new ear-wings) has more weight than anything that can be argued against. Videogames are bound to be regarded as singular artisct experience that will focus in the user experience through his interactivity with the virtual world, the decisions he makes that affect both this world and the STORYLINE, and the emotions this evokes.

No other art form can provoke this experience and emotions, and Nintendo is not doing anything in this field to be part of this movement and in fact, they are the main detractors of this along with downloadable games from iPad and iPhones which give only disposable and superficial experiences. If you guys prefer these games that is your problem, but playing a gotcha match with your friend will never be as meaningful as watching the Mona Lisa or listening to the Ninth Symphony, not for humanity.

Perfect example. Thank you to prove my point. Like I said, this goes on "my opinion is a fact"...

I am not making an opinion. I am stating a fact. Look for a definition of art. Try to find a form of art that lets you have control and impact the the work of fiction and receive feedback from it through emotions. Analyze what videogames do regarding this concept. See what Nintendo has done and is doing to enrich such experiences in videogames.

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/art

Art:: "the expression or application of creative skill and imagination, especially through a visual medium".

So, how that's implying a story? or the ability to modify it? Do you listen to music because of story? So an instrumental it's not art?

About the other 2 things up there:

-Why? Because you decided it? because I don't give a s*it about the ability to interact with the story line. I mean if I can play a game like that ok it's intersting but it doesn't mean it's a feature to apply to every game. Does a racing game need a story?

-Yes me and my friends having good time playing togheter is a lot more meaningful for humanity than watching a game alone like Heavy Rain and say: "Oh shit it's like the Ninth Symphony!", sorry. (btw. the Ninth Symphony/ Mona Lisa? LOL)

A "medium". A medium like the fine arts, literary arts, conceptual arts, etc. Remit yourself to my previous post today to see my what I am talking about.

I brought the example of the game Flower in a previous post, that game doesn't have storyline. I said "and" storyline with the intention of include a work of fiction in its equation, not to say that it requires it in order to be an art form.

This is not a discussion of how a game should be or not. You are confusing things here. I have as much fun playing Bioshock as I do playing Tetris, but I don't get that experience of going through a work of fiction in Tetris as I do in Bioshock, or the subtle emotions of playing Flower and there lies the "difference". Nintendo games are simply fun and that appeals to your demographic it seems and that is completely fine, I like such games as well. But I value and respect more things that evoke in me ideas and emotions instead of just having fun while jumping over a turtle and listening to the "plux" and saying: "Oh my fucking God that is so fun!".

Heavy Rain is gameplay through and through, I don't know what you played if you actually did play it. What about Beethoven and L. da Vinchi? You don't like my examples for the art-impaired? You recognized them, that was the purpose.

A "medium" is just a veichle or a technique to express creativity and imagination, you can have as many mediums as you want. The difference beetween Flower and a game like Mario or Zelda is that creativity is expressed in a different way. Both could be considered art as well as both could be considered raw entertainment. In Flower they (devs) express creativity and imagination mostly by the interaction beetween music and images, in a game like Heavy Rain mostly by narration (or fiction). In a Mario or a Zelda game greativity is express mostly by level and gameplay design. Architecture is considered by many an art. In these cases I see the developer as an "architect" who uses imagination and creativity to create an engaging experience.

I play an love lot of the games you like; Bioshock, Fallout, MGS, Portal or Braid are some of my favourites this gen. the only difference is that I see these games as much "artistic" as a raw platformer like Mario of DK are because they all express creativity. Nintendo games are not just about being fun, they evoke ideas and emotions as well, a sense of exploration a sense of curiosity , a sense of challange when you try to beat and hard level in DK or to beat a Metroid boss or to beat a friend at brawl, or a sense of accomplishment when you solve a puzzle in Zelda dungeon. Really the only difference I see beetween a Nintendo game and the other listed before is the lack of focus on storytelling. You may be very interested in this particual aspect of game but saying that only these games are "art" and the others are not, it's just your opinion, not a matter of fact. You can apply the same to music. You have a lot of genres, if you make a comparison beetween Jazz and Rap, you see they are both considered as music tought they use totally different mediums to express creativity, in Rap you have lyrics as the main medium, in Jazz you have instrumental skills as medium. I think  Jazz is great while rap is dull, but still I consider it an art, and that's my opionion not a fact.