By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will see sales crash hardest in the coming weeks?

Why arent the numbers out yet

mM
Around the Network

Wii: will drop a little
Xbox 360: will drop more
PS3: will drop alot

Just because the demand for the PS3 was high for christmas, but after is a totally different scenario.

RolStoppable said:
leo-j said:
Why arent the numbers out yet

Numbers for Others usually are up on Monday, but remember it's the last day of the year.

ioi is probably busy getting drunk right now and doesn't have time to update the website.

Happy New Years Roland! I hope everyone in your little hamlet has a good year.

there will be no Wii's in NA.... that is why they did the rainchecks. NA may see only 200k for all of Jan

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

People don't seem to realize that rainchecks aren't counted as sales when the raincheck is made. It only counts as a sale when its picked up.

Around the Network

The Nintendo consoles will fall furthest. A much larger amount of their sales were to parents buying consoles for their kids for Christmas. Those sales will fall away after Christmas and the figures will drop down to the regular sales to gamers.

360 will be the next one to suffer I think because it's heading towards a relative drought when it comes to selling points. All of its top games came out three or four months ago and it really has nothing going for it in the first half of next year - anyone who wasn't convinced enough to buy a 360 when Bioshock, Halo 3, PGR 4 and Mass Effect were released isn't going to buy one any time soon when there's no new blockbusters coming for quite a while.

On the other hand, the PS3 is getting stronger all the time. The huge amount of negative PR is starting to lessen, and in its place is a lot of positive publicity as PS3s are getting into consumers hands and people are starting to try games like Ratchet and Uncharted first hand. Add to that the fact that the PS3 has the Euro release of UT3, the Western release of GT5:P, the worldwide release of Haze all coming in the early months of next year and there's some genuine reasons for people who've been holding out to start wanting one. The release of GTA IV will do a lot to sway PS2 hangers on too, obviously its a 360 game too, but in a few months time when people are seeing GTA IV, Burnout Paradise and Gran Turismo 5 (albeit the prologue edition) all being released on PS3, regardless of some of them being on other platforms, that's a big chunk of the casual PS2 market that's going to take notice and consider whether its time to upgrade.

the only reason nintendo will fall the most is because they were the highest, and the Wii be the most supply contrained as it has ever been in the US. DS may go strong in NA and Others where it appears to be gaining steam...

ok, now I go to my party...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

playstation 3 and psp

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Wii will drop the most in raw numbers. I think many will be suprised how far it can and will fall in Japan, expecialy.

Everyone forgets that the Wii wasn't supply constrained in Japan. Everyone that wanted one, for the most part, got one. Suppliers had been stocking up for months.

Because of the supply being so readily, I see the Wii dropping to 50-60k/wk by mid or late January, and beginning to hover a little bit lower than it did last year, at a similar timeframe.

As for percentage, I think the PS3 overall will drop the most....Expecially in Europe, where it had the biggest increase. The price drop had a great effect for the holidays because it was so close, and people wanted PS3s - now the luxury supply of money will be gone, people just won't have the cash to invest in a $400+ system that won't see many more exclusives come it's way (or meaningful games) for awhile.

X360 will be somewhere in the middle - it'll have a big dropoff in Europe and the US, but won't see the percentages the PS3 had, since the price drop was somewhat more "well rounded" and should help the X360 year over year.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I dont get something..

everysays ps3 will drop the hardest and playstation will die..

and they also say nintendo will stay at 1M + weekly..
I want to know the numbers.

mM