By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - top 100 modern games !!! - IGN

It's IGN people, don't expect much from them.

This list contained far too many overrated XBL, PSN and mobile games, it's rediculous. Most of the main console games they listed were "meh" as well, I can tolerate opinions but the amount of mediocre games there was one too many. The top 10 list wasn't too great either, it was missing quite a few gems and it was in the wrong order too.

But then again, this is IGN we are talking about people. The list just seems like it was written by one person who has a piss poor and unoriginal taste in games, but that isn't true. Like most IGN "lists", they basically make lists to make themselves more popular amongst the teenage idiots that visit their website.

I mean no offence to people who visit IGN, I got there occasionally too, but the IGN community is just full of idiots. The only joy I get out of commenting on IGN is trolling.

Around the Network

No MGS4, although they gave it a 10

18. Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

13. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

BLASPHEMY !

pezus said:
List is too Consolized. There is just no way SC2 is worse than Dead Space, Batman, Fallout 3 and more.
They also should have put AC: Brotherhood in there instead of AC2.

WTF is up with World of Goo being significantly higher than MGS, GoW3, Shogun 2, Witcher 2, Dragon Age (???) and Demon's Souls (????).

Splinter Cell Conviction is way too high, the game isn't all that great.

List also needs more Japanese games (except Mario), like Persona

I thought Brotherhood was a lot worse than AC2 to be honest.

But I agree with everything else you said completely, very true.

This list is crap... So many games that were among the top rated of this gen aren't even in the top ten? IGN really sucks lawl.

List is pretty good, Mass Effect 2 is a well deserved winner. Putting Rock Band 2 on the list over Rock band 3 makes no sense though...

Around the Network

Good thing you showed the full list, really annoying for IGN to really milk their list by putting a game per page.

I can't find resident evil 4.... This list really a crap...

Jay520 said:
My biggest head-scratchers

1. Demon's Souls #100

I saw that and instantly said hell no to this list.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Jay520 said:
My biggest head-scratchers

1. Demon's Souls #100

I saw that and instantly said hell no to this list.

LOL, at least it made the list I guess

sepoer said:
I can't find resident evil 4....

RE4 is a 6th gen game.