By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - top 100 modern games !!! - IGN

sepoer said:
Ninpanda said:
sepoer said:
I can't find resident evil 4....

RE4 is a 6th gen game.

actually, zelda tp is a 6th gen game to.

Well, the thing is that despite being originally designed and developed for the Gamecube, TP launched on the Wii first.  The GC version didn't launched until about a month later.  This is different to RE4 that was ported to the Wii over 2 years after it's original GC launch.  Even though Zelda TP is a 6th gen game, I guess I can see where IGN are coming from by including it on the list.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Sorry to break this trend of despising IGN, but you're all being really unreasonable here.

Of the thousands of games released this gen, they had to choose 100. They then had to order those 100. They had to do this by taking into account the opinions of several dozen members of staff. If you look at it that way, they've done a pretty good job here. There are no glaring omissions (MGS4 was deliberately missed out in favour of Peace Walker) and whilst some games should be ranked higher (for example, Dragon Age: Origins) and others lower (for example, Pac-Man), it is overall a solid list.

I wouldn't call ME2 the best game of the generation - that would go to Uncharted 2 or Portal 2, both of which are in the top ten - but it would certainly be in my top five. BioShock is also incredible and fully deserves second place.

I think maybe people should stop caring about IGN/metacritic/Michael Pachter/whatever and therefore stop hating everytime

880user088 said:
No MGS4, although they gave it a 10

18. Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

13. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

BLASPHEMY !

I see you're point in a way and agree but...heh...PAC-MAN Championship Ed DX is fukkin awesome!!!!!

MrT-Tar said:

Well, the thing is that despite being originally designed and developed for the Gamecube, TP launched on the Wii first.  The GC version didn't launched until about a month later.  This is different to RE4 that was ported to the Wii over 2 years after it's original GC launch.  Even though Zelda TP is a 6th gen game, I guess I can see where IGN are coming from by including it on the list.

Funny, you refer to the Wii as if it's not a 6th generation console

-[insert troll face]-

mushroomboy5 said:

PAC-MAN Championship Ed DX is fukkin awesome!!!!!

QFT

Around the Network

How do you put these games in an order anyway?? Surely it changes every day ...

Oh my. That thing is just awful. It's quite appalling at how grossly overrated Mass Effect 2 is. I've never seen a good game turned into a GOTY so easily and effortlessly by the media. So odd.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.