By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas UP! - 25th June 2011

zarx said:
hatmoza said:
3DS selling well? When PSP sales were similarly low last year everyone cried " the PSP is dying!" Now they're considered good when it comes to 3DS?

Hurray for doubles standards =D

yup that is how fanboys work I mean at this point of the PSP's life it had sold 1,657,255 in the Americas vs 1,013,436 for the 3DS

The PSP was also released in the Christmas shopping season ...

If you look at how the Nintendo DS was selling at a similar time of the year in its first year after being released the 3DS is selling at a similar rate. The 3DS' sales look so "Awful" when launched aligned against most systems because it is one of the few systems that didn't get released in the consumer orgy that is the Christmas shopping season; a 6 to 8 week timeframe where up to 50% of a system's sales for the year can occur in.

Around the Network
zarx said:
hatmoza said:
3DS selling well? When PSP sales were similarly low last year everyone cried " the PSP is dying!" Now they're considered good when it comes to 3DS?

yup that is how fanboys work I mean at this point of the PSP's life it had sold 1,657,255 in the Americas vs 1,013,436 for the 3DS

Don't be so harsh to 3DS only 1 milion more and it will sell it's initial shipment from FY2010 ;)

I wonder what the shipments for it will be ? 500k ? 1M ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

HappySqurriel said:
zarx said:
hatmoza said:

If you look at how the Nintendo DS was selling at a similar time of the year in its first year after being released the 3DS is selling at a similar rate. The 3DS' sales look so "Awful" when launched aligned against most systems because it is one of the few systems that didn't get released in the consumer orgy that is the Christmas shopping season; a 6 to 8 week timeframe where up to 50% of a system's sales for the year can occur in.

From wikipedia USA release date NA March 24, 2005 that is kinda a few months after xmas...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
HappySqurriel said:
zarx said:
hatmoza said:

From wikipedia USA release date NA March 24, 2005 that is kinda a few months after xmas...

Sorry, I got the European and American release dates of the PSP confused ... I thought it launched in Europe in March and North America in september

HappySqurriel said:
zarx said:
hatmoza said:

I bought the PSP at launch and I can tell you for a fact it did not release in the Holiday shopping season. It released in March in the US.

Edit - Nevermind, beaten to it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

GT5 sold 4,489 units in Americas this week.

PS3 catching 360 in Americas??? I don't believe.

F.E.A.R. 3 and Dungeon Siege 3 haven't done very well at all

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Zlejedi said:
Conegamer said:
Go Wii, again!

Don't count on Wii stabilising above HD twins. Price cut effect will dissapear in next few weeks.

Most people said it would already have disappeared though Never say never! 

Though yeah, but I think Wii will still end up ahead of the rest

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

hmmm just another one of my many observations on this site(face-palm at some people on here acting like omg whatever can the reason be for the ps3 rise?when all of a couple week ago the ps3 was having crazy deals and bundles,yah think?)well whateverfloats some peoples boat.)i am sure when it,s 360 time with the deals some of the same people will be tha first to point that out as the reason for the 360 rise in sales.how convenient for some hmm?hypocrites.back to observing.

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)