By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Have you ever cried playing a video game. :)

Persona 3... everybody who played it and has a heart knows...

Around the Network

no,I cry when I buy a game and it sucks.

I've been close to crying several times in video games, but I've only ever actually cried once. The end of FFIX. It's not because it was sad or anything (even though I got a little sad when I realised what had happened with Vivi...) it was because the ending was so happy. As strange as it sounds, the only time I've actually cried at a video game it was tears of joy and not sadness. I was just in this state of supreme happiness afterwards, it was pretty grand.

Christhor said:
I've been close to crying several times in video games, but I've only ever actually cried once. The end of FFIX. It's not because it was sad or anything (even though I got a little sad when I realised what had happened with Vivi...) it was because the ending was so happy. As strange as it sounds, the only time I've actually cried at a video game it was tears of joy and not sadness. I was just in this state of supreme happiness afterwards, it was pretty grand.

Well, that was me in both Symphonia games.

Mother 3 spoke to me during a difficult time in my life. I cried like I haven't cried since I was four years old - it recalled to me all the bittersweet tenderness of my childhood, when I believed in the absolute strength of my parents and the inherent goodness of the people around me.

The ending of Lost Odyssey got me all choked up pretty bad too, in a few places. Jansen being a bad-ass was one of them. The roughest part, though? "Just when I'd found you again..."

It's been ten years or so since I fell in love with the woman I'd eventually marry, and I blame her for making me more susceptible to love stories that are done well. Can't think of any just now, though.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
Jay520 said:
Why would a person cry from SoTC?

*SPOILERS*

So when Agro gives herself up and supposedly dies...you didn't think that was an emotional part in the game?

It was a little said but I was thinking to myself "NOOOO AGGROO, I LOVEDED YOU". The scene was over in like ten seconds, it's not like you could focus on it long enough for your brain to even create tears. Also I never felt like I had a real deep connection with agro. I just thought of her as a horse.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Funny you say that. It's message is more of a human one. It's story is a simple, yet becomes so complex coupled with the grandure. Sacrifice is a hell of a thing. SotC should be considered a work of art.

I suppose, I'm not seeing how it's complex though. Work of Art or whatever, I don't see how it could provoke tears. It just wasn't very moving.

Maybe it's just me

sapphi_snake said:

The end of God of War: Ghost of Sparta made me almost cry. So did a scene from Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and when the horse dies in Shadow of the Colossus. I believe some parts of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IX also made me tear up a little.

Cant wait to play Ghost of Sparta on the PS3. :)

As embarassing as it is to admit; Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core (PSP). Anyone who has played Final Fantasy 7 knows how Crisis Core would end but it still got to me. Only game that has ever done so.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

fps_d0minat0r said:
no lol, story telling in games isnt THAT good yet

Hollywood writers are also writing the gaming industries biggest AAA hits. Maybe you havent played the right game yet and in the west it might come as such, but as for Asian made titles those are the only ones that have truly tugged at the heart.

Back2TheFuture said:
duke nukem forever

Were you crying because it was so bad?