By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kitase: would consider an HD Final Fantasy Collection given enough demand

PS3Trophies.org:

Kitase: Final Fantasy HD Console Collection Would Be Seriously Considered if Demand Was High Enough
Written Thursday, June 30, 2011 By Dan Webb
View author's profile

When you ask the everyday gamer what their favourite Final Fantasy was, you’re likely to get a lot of different responses... whether that’s VII, VIII or X, whatever, fans are split on what their favourite Final Fantasy is.

With Sony and Ubisoft leading the way with HD remake collections of classic titles, we turned the question over to Final Fantasy Producer, Yoshinori Kitase, who told us that they were undecided at the moment, but if there’s a strong enough voice, they would “seriously consider it.”

“We haven’t made up our mind about that yet,” said Kitase, “but if there was a strong voice coming through from the users asking for such porting, then obviously we would seriously consider it, but no actual plans yet.

So there you have it folks... speak up, shout from the rooftops, email Square Enix, start petitions, have it tattooed on your forehead or marry a Thai bride, have children and name them after Final Fantasy’s lead characters. If this makes your mouth water at the prospect of reliving them in HD, let’s see that strong voice.

Check back later on for the full Final Fantasy XIII-2 transcript from our chat with Kitase and Final Fantasy Director, Motomu Toriyama.

Really, Square?  Really?  X+XII on a disc would sell like hotcakes at IHOP.  Or at least similar to the God of War Collection globally.

Around the Network

Paaaleeeeeez. XII would really get sexy in 720p!.. even though i'd prefer upscaled FFVII+VIII+IX Versions.. imagine trophy's on FFVIII.. i'd soooo skyrim on this! (*caugh* harry Partride *caugh*)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

*eyeroll*

If there's one game with ridiculously GIGANTIC demand, it's the Final Fantasy 7 remake.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Crystalchild said:
Paaaleeeeeez. XII would really get sexy in 720p!.. even though i'd prefer upscaled FFVII+VIII+IX Versions.. imagine trophy's on FFVIII.. i'd soooo skyrim on this! (*caugh* harry Partride *caugh*)

You cant HD remake PS1 games. Those would have to be completely remade. If you think about it FF7 used prerendered backgrounds.. so outside of 3D Models that are to antique.. there wouldn't be much to rescale in HD.

Around the Network

I have zero interest in rebuying games I already own merely upscaled to HD. (PCSX2 on my laptop makes them already look better than they were on the PS2)

I want a FF5 3D remake for PS Vita or 3DS, I am waiting for the inevitable remake to play FF5 for the first time.

Then remaster Dissidia with online on PS3.

Thats all in terms of old content demands from me.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Where do I sign?

Enough demand? That's hardly a problem. GTA and/or MGS collections are probably the only ones who have an equal or higher demand.

Do it SE!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

I never got to finish FFX, only managed to get to the calm lands before I lost interest and put my PS2 away. I do want to finish it, and I think HD + Trophies would be a great incentive.

It's so annoying, I got to the calm lands on both PCSX2 and the PS2 version, I actually want to finish it this time.

I wouldn't hesitate to try FFXII either, imagine if they could redo the CGI cutscenes in HD.

Anyway, do it Square Enix, it would be worth it.

that would kindof suck if they did it soon i just finished replaying both would have to go through them agaion for the throphies hopefully after versus 13 comes out