By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty Black Ops vs MW2? The better online

Tagged games:

MW2 Pros

• Spec Ops mode w/ some co-op options
  • Better graphics than Black Ops
  • Callsigns and emblems (many people are still playing MW2 to unlock these callsigns and emblems, Black Ops only uses custom callsigns and doesn't have all the cool unlocks that MW2 does)
  • Tons of MP game modes, weapons, and perks

MW2 Cons

• Tactical insertion in free-for-all (lead to too much boosting)
  • One man army pro (a good perk until people used it for noob-tubing)
  • killstreaks stacking on killstreaks (people just sit in their camping location until their harriers get the kills for a chopper-gunner)
  • danger close pro (there is no need to make noob-tubes to be more powerful)
  • really confusing discombobulated campaign
  • Tactical nukes

Black Ops Pros

• Wager modes
  • Splitscreen online MP mode (1st CoD game to have this?)
  • Nazi Zombies
  • Dead Ops mode
  • Bots
  • More balanced gameplay

Black Ops Cons

• Worse killstreak options than MW2
  • not as many perks as MW2
  • custom callsigns/emblems were a complete mess of immaturity/homophobia/racial slurs. 
  • not as much as incentive to keep playing the MP as MW2 since specialized callsigns/killstreak emblems were not awarded
  • Getting the pro-perks took way to long for some of the perks.  This discouraged me from finishing more than 1 prestige.
  • Too many of the cool options such as gold guns were based on prestige level and not skill
  • Wager modes were too separated from the rest of the multiplayer.  Some of these modes were the most fun in the game, but it would be nice to be able to get experience from playing them instead of points
  • The points system seemed kind of redundant after a while
  • Graphics not as good as MW2
  • Sniping options weren't nearly as fun as MW2
  • It was often too difficult to get a party to matchmake in MP

Overall impression

Overall, I liked MW2 much better.  I sold my copy of black ops 3 months after buying the game.  I still play MW2 to this day.  Black Ops made some good improvements but I loathed that they took out all of the callsigns/emblems.  I also didn't like the snipers that much in black ops.  I didn't like the points system that much in black ops and I didn't like the fact that they didn't give me much incentive to keep playing the game.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network
Gojimaster said:

MW2 Pros

• Spec Ops mode w/ some co-op options
  • Better graphics than Black Ops
  • Callsigns and emblems (many people are still playing MW2 to unlock these callsigns and emblems, Black Ops only uses custom callsigns and doesn't have all the cool unlocks that MW2 does)
  • Tons of MP game modes, weapons, and perks

MW2 Cons

• Tactical insertion in free-for-all (lead to too much boosting)
  • One man army pro (a good perk until people used it for noob-tubing)
  • killstreaks stacking on killstreaks (people just sit in their camping location until their harriers get the kills for a chopper-gunner)
  • danger close pro (there is no need to make noob-tubes to be more powerful)
  • really confusing discombobulated campaign
  • Tactical nukes

Black Ops Pros

• Wager modes
  • Splitscreen online MP mode (1st CoD game to have this?)
  • Nazi Zombies
  • Dead Ops mode
  • Bots
  • More balanced gameplay

Black Ops Cons

• Worse killstreak options than MW2
  • not as many perks as MW2
  • custom callsigns/emblems were a complete mess of immaturity/homophobia/racial slurs. 
  • not as much as incentive to keep playing the MP as MW2 since specialized callsigns/killstreak emblems were not awarded
  • Getting the pro-perks took way to long for some of the perks.  This discouraged me from finishing more than 1 prestige.
  • Too many of the cool options such as gold guns were based on prestige level and not skill
  • Wager modes were too separated from the rest of the multiplayer.  Some of these modes were the most fun in the game, but it would be nice to be able to get experience from playing them instead of points
  • The points system seemed kind of redundant after a while
  • Graphics not as good as MW2
  • Sniping options weren't nearly as fun as MW2
  • It was often too difficult to get a party to matchmake in MP

Overall impression

Overall, I liked MW2 much better.  I sold my copy of black ops 3 months after buying the game.  I still play MW2 to this day.  Black Ops made some good improvements but I loathed that they took out all of the callsigns/emblems.  I also didn't like the snipers that much in black ops.  I didn't like the points system that much in black ops and I didn't like the fact that they didn't give me much incentive to keep playing the game.

Thanks that's really neat but what system did you play Black Ops on? I found the matchmaking better on Black Ops than Modern Warfare 2.

dsage01 said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
NJ5 said:

You might get different answers depending on the platform each person has played them on. Which platform are you interested in?

I have Cod 2,3,4,5 on 360 and Cod 6 and 7 on PS3 so PS3

I don't know if this helps but I think MW2 has more people on the 360 right now and Black Ops has more people on the PS3

I highly doubt that.

Last time I checked the 360 version had about 438k and the PS3 version had almost 600k. And they were in the same time period. I checked at my friends house there was only a hlaf hour difference around 4pm Saturday

That doesn't even make a tiny bit of sense....was it shortly after PSN came back up?

yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
NJ5 said:

You might get different answers depending on the platform each person has played them on. Which platform are you interested in?

I don't know if this helps but I think MW2 has more people on the 360 right now and Black Ops has more people on the PS3

I highly doubt that.

Last time I checked the 360 version had about 438k and the PS3 version had almost 600k. And they were in the same time period. I checked at my friends house there was only a hlaf hour difference around 4pm Saturday

That doesn't even make a tiny bit of sense....was it shortly after PSN came back up?

Makes perfect sense if you consider where he lives and what time of the day he said.  More Euorpeans on at that time would drive the ps3 users higher.   Ask him to take the numbers at 9-11pm and more 360 users would be playing.

Griffin said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
NJ5 said:

I highly doubt that.

Makes perfect sense if you consider where he lives and what time of the day he said.  More Euorpeans on at that time would drive the ps3 users higher.   Ask him to take the numbers at 9-11pm and more 360 users would be playing.

Oh yeah ok I guess I didn't think of that.

Around the Network

black ops is easily better

yo_john117 said:
Griffin said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
NJ5 said:

I highly doubt that.

Oh yeah ok I guess I didn't think of that.

I just checked and it's PS3. Although there are more american users at around that time

MW2 is more fun than Black Ops, but Black Ops is more balanced than MW2. That being said, BO has a few things in it that are completely over-powered compared to others. For example, the perk Ghost Pro and the weapons Famas and AK74u. In MW2, all of the weapons are freaking overpowered so they balance themselves out, and the perk balance is better, though the One Man Army+Danger Close+Grenade launcher combo is game breaking. The killstreaks in MW2 are more fun than BO, and there is more variety in classes in MW2 than BO. The connection is also better in MW2, but BO has theater mode which adds a nice touch.

Personally, I would pick MW2 because you will have more fun on it than BO, and because MW3 will be similar to MW2 and MUCH different than BO.

i recently did world at war on veteran...and i never wana play another call of duty EVER

This post has me really excited. I will most likely getting both cause like I have said before, they both look really good and it's hard for me to choose. I am reading everyone post to see what you say.