By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How difficult is the SAT?????

Grey Acumen said:
make sure you know the various angles for sin and cos, other than that, there's not much beyond algebra and trig, maybe a teensy bit of basic precalc. 

No No!

SAT I stops before Trig... trust me!

The subject tests (SAT II... NOT the test in question) have Trig (Ic) and Precalculus (IIc), but not the regular general SAT.

Around the Network

Fuck the SATS and ACTS.... such useless bullshit..... even though i scored in the low 1000s, i took placement tests and they were much higher and thankfully managed to get into a good school

Melissa said:
It's a standardized test. I took in in 7th grade too, for a similar program from Duke University. You're not going to do amazingly well, because the test is geared for students four years older than you, so don't worry. Just sit down and do your best. Don't even think about it as a test. The best that can happen is that you get a nice plaque. The worst that can happen is that you don't :)

If you're strong in algebra and are a good reader, you should do fine.

Wow, I did the same program. I got a 1010/1600 in 7th grade and got medals and stuff.

The new SAT with writing is pretty easy. I always burnout the last hour or so though. I got a 1900/2400 my first time and this last time a 1930/2400. I only gained 30 in Math.  

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

DrFoamy said:

Grey Acumen said:
make sure you know the various angles for sin and cos, other than that, there's not much beyond algebra and trig, maybe a teensy bit of basic precalc. 

No No!

SAT I stops before Trig... trust me!

The subject tests (SAT II... NOT the test in question) have Trig (Ic) and Precalculus (IIc), but not the regular general SAT.

Geometry incorporates the basics of Trig.  There are a few questions on the test that require knowledege about sin and cos and a few more that are much easier if you're familiar with them.

I took it when I was in 7th grade too actually, be prepared for a bunch of seniors glaring at you. I think a lot of them hated being there and loathed the fact that someone so much younger than them was taking it and wasn't stressed as much as they were.

As for tips, uhm if you're not sure and you want to guess go with 'C'...but other than that I have never really bothered to study for tests because I usually do worse when I get myself all stressed out about it. But if studying works for you then flash cards are supposed to be great, I would focus on vocab and literature mostly because those are usually the big things you will be missing that they cover extensively.

Its been a while since I took it but I do remember that they posted the scores at the highschool for people to check if you didn't want to wait for the results to arrive in the mail (which took months for some damn reason), and their list was sorted by score...only reason I remember that was because I was like #18 on a list of about 300 seniors.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

is the SAT computerized now? it's been... my god, too long since i took it. the GRE was computerized when i took it--again, too many years ago--so i'm guessing the SAT must be computerized by now. is it?

the math is trivial, haha. any of my classmates could have gotten 800 on the SAT math in 7th grade... of course it helps that i didn't go the an elementary school in the States. SAT and GRE math are the butt-ends of our jokes all the time.

the verbal part of course is much harder :)

the Wii is an epidemic.

Biggest tip: DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN ALL THESE TIPS.

I didn't realize I'd be starting such a big wave of stuff... if you're focusing on trying to remember different strategies instead of just doing your thing, you're not going to be able to think as well as you want. Most of what everyone's said is good stuff, but just keep it all on the backburner. Don't stress out if you can't remember what someone said, just do what you can while still being comfortable.

Being comfortable and relaxed while taking the test is more important than anything. Stress leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to the path to the dark side.

Please don't kill the younglings.

Wow, I'm an old timer! Back when I took the SAT (1999) it was based on a 1600/1600 score...there was only a math & verbal section and NO writing section...What's it based on now? 2400/2400 since they added writing?

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

The SAT is super easy. I got an 600! If a 100 is an A+, then I got an A++++++.

In all seriousness, both the ACT and SAT are not difficult. Be sure to get a good rest and nourishment before you go in. No sense in missing any easy points due to blood sugar or battle fatigue.

Good luck!

Yea they only added the writing part like a year or so ago. Writing isnt even counted in some colleges and scholarships. A lot just count the Reading and Math on a 1600 scale.

As for tips, I have one. If you are serious about taking the SATs and want to have a good score, take it often. As much and as close together as possible. Every time you take it, the better you will do. Dont be like me and take thema year apart cause you wont get many more points.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!