By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you bold enough to take this bet?

Tagged games:

I bet that Gears of War 3 will have a higher metacritic score than Uncharted 3. What we would be wagering though, is THIRTY YEARS of sig control.  As of making this thread, I have had one offer to take this bet, but this was from a fairly new user, and I would rather have control of a higher ranking vgchartz user sig when I win this bet. Are you bold enough to take this bet?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

i dont even know who you are...why would i want control of your signature. you dont even have an avatar...so obviously your sig would be worthless as well.   No Deal, Homie.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Who on earth is going to risk thirty years of signature control for a bet that could go either way?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I'm with Bubbles.

No no I am certainly not. I (and I'm sure many others) like my sig just the way it is!

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Who on earth is going to risk thirty years of signature control for a bet that could go either way?

That's the fun of it though. :P

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

You've got a deal.

That's really bold of you Homer.

I've just been replaying Uncharted 2 recently and I'm actually not sure how ND are going to top the single player aspect at all.

I do think it could go either way, but I'm game.

My prediction:

Uncharted 3: 95
Gears of War 3: 94

Can we agree to put the bet in our sig's until d-day arrives?

I see you're currently playing Uncharted 2. You must be quaking in your boots

Seriously though, where are you in the game?

Something really SHITTY happened to me while playing:

I had a save game file at the final boss battle for ages not being able to do it on hard (I completed it on Normal). Then, just yesterday, I tried again and managed to kill Lazarovic (too lazy to check spelling) the fifth time or so. THEN, to my HORROR it still only said 'completed on normal' because I didn't create another save game file at that point (I said cancel before started playing assuming that it wouldn't matter if I beat Lazarovic).

I WAS SO FUCKING PISSED OFF.

THEN, I tried again and overwrote another save file. I managed to kill him the 3rd time or so on hard, and felt pretty good. Again the trophy didn't appear and I was a little perplexed. Then I went to chapter select and AGONIZINGLY A.L.L the chapters were only 'completed on normal'. I overwrote the important save file. Again, I assumed this couldn't happen.

So I had no choice and started playing from the beginning again. I managed to get to the part where Lazarovic's men attack the Tibetan village in the mountains.

What makes this story special is that I'm writing my final exam for Quantum Mechanics tomorrow and I spent the time playing Uncharted instead of studying. Now, the night before, I spend my time writing about it. God, when will I learn...

theres no way gow3 will out meta it just like theres no way CODMW3 and BF3 wont fail with there reviews and sales as most want them to cause there FPS, there are several reasons for this, one main one is that uncharted series can appeal to a much broader audience as its not only a TPS most reviewers arent hardcore games

your not going to get many bites cause its you who is not the high ranking member with no sig or avy pic, theres not much for the high ranking posters to gain by winning the bet

my personal opinion though after experiencing the huge directional changes from uncharted 1 to 2 is that for myself gears would be a more satisfying game as i enjoy more gun play during a game

@ dr grass your going to be in for a treat with U3 if you are that impressed with 2

Play Me