By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Infamous 2 sales getting decreased by Infamous?

Tagged games:

You're assuming that the people who are currently playing Infamous would have otherwise bought Infamous 2. Why would this be the case?

Around the Network
Areym said:
Who the hell takes 4 to 5 months to beat Infamous? Hell, my little bro beat that game in 4 days.

Yeah but causal gamers take a long time to finish games like Grand Theft Auto and Infamous for some reason. I beat in 2 days but I don't presume that people would like to buy the game right when they finish Infamous. And since great games are coming this holidays many people will not buy that many games in October, Septemeber or even August. 

I don't think that is a correct presumption. When I finished God of War 1, I could not wait for the God of War 2, when I played Uncharted 1, I could not wait for Uncharted 3, and the same is the case for Age of Empires 2, 3 (did not like the first).

If you like a game and be left with a feeling of wanting more of such experience, you will get the sequel too.

infamous takes 1 day to beat. Infamous 2 first week sales are already way better than the previous one so its on track to sell more than the first one.

Wow, I should go and play my copy of inFamous. I had no idea it had THAT type of replay value!

5-6 months to complete? Really?

Incredible. Game of the Forever!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

By the way, OP is also making the assumption that people who play and enjoy inFamous and consider a future purchase of inFamous 2 are fans of Uncharted or Call of Duty.

Uncharted sells 4-5M, CoD sells 10-11M.

PS3 has sold ~50M. Obviously 30M people or more don't care for Uncharted or CoD.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
By the way, OP is also making the assumption that people who play and enjoy inFamous and consider a future purchase of inFamous 2 are fans of Uncharted or Call of Duty.

Uncharted sells 4-5M, CoD sells 10-11M.

PS3 has sold ~50M. Obviously 30M people or more don't care for Uncharted or CoD.

Not really. But they are the two big games for PS3 this Nov.

Uncharted 3 will sell around 6.5 maybe 7 million. MW3 will sell around the same.

Euphoria14 said:
Wow, I should go and play my copy of inFamous. I had no idea it had THAT type of replay value!

I was being a bit too sarcastic. Maybe 3 months. After that it gets really broing.

dsage01 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I was being a bit too sarcastic. Maybe 3 months. After that it gets really broing.

3 months? I got bored of inFamous after a week or two, lol.

Currently playing:

well infamous shouldn't effect infamous 2 sales in any negative way, it should rather give infamous 2 better legs as the people who played it will mostly like buy the 2nd. infamous should be a game even the average person can beat in about 3-5 days(one playthrough) so I think players will have alot of time before the heavy hitters come out.