By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's been the best year this Gen so far??

What has been the best year this Gen so far, for you?

2004 - DS and PSP Launched 0 0%

2005 - X360 Launched 0 0%

2006 - PS3 and Wii Launched 1 1.67%

2007 13 21.67%

2008 3 5.00%

2009 8 13.33%

2010 21 35.00%

2011 10 16.67%

2012 - GTAV, Bioshock Inf... 2 3.33%

2013 Onwards / Other 2 3.33%

Total:60

For me personally:

Killzone 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Uncharted 2
Infamous

Objectively (I didn't have a console yet in 2007 so I played a couple of these in later years):

Mass Effect
Bioshock
Orange Box (incl. Portal)
Uncharted
Overlord (personal favorite)
Peggle
FIFA 08 (first in a series of great FIFA's)
R&C Tools of Destruction
Crysis
COD4
wii games such as Super Mario Galaxy?

Around the Network

2009 so far:
- Demon's Souls
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Uncharted 2
- Ratchet & Clank: A crack in time
- Killzone 2
- Batman Arkham City
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Resident Evil 5
- Borderlands

But 2011 will be better
- Dark Souls
- Gears of War 3
- Uncharted 3
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations
- Batman Arkham City
- The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
- Portal 2
- Dead Space 2
- LittleBigPlanet 2
- LA Noire
- ICO & SoTC: Collection

I <3'ed 2010. Great year...

Super Mario Galaxy 2: Favorite game of the generation, 2nd favorite game of all time. Boom!
Donkey Kong Country Returns: One of the best 2D Platformers I've played... and that's saying something.
Epic Mickey: It was like playing through my childhood... so many great moments in this game for me.
Kirby's Epic Yarn: So. Freaking. Adorable. And the gameplay was super solid too. Fantastic game.
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver: Remakes of one of my favorite games ever.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Fun action game with an incredible atmosphere.
Super Scribblenauts: Improves on its predecessor in every way imaginable and adds adjectives. Giant zombie pandas!
Cave Story: Awesome 2D Action Platformer with gorgeous sprite graphics and a fantastic soundtrack.
Sonic Colors: Not just the best 3D Sonic ever, but a great game overall. Sonic's back!
No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle: Sequel with more insane bosses and great humor.
Endless Ocean: Blue World: Nothing else like it. So serene and beautiful.

Yeah... amazing year. 2007 comes close though!

Nobody is mentioning 2009:
Batman:Arkham Asylum,Modern Warfare 2,Assassins Creed II,Uncharted 2,Killzone 2,Infamous,FIFA 10,Forza Motosport 3,Left 4 Dead 2,DiRT 2,Street Fighter IV

2010 is second for me with:
Mass Effect 2,Red Dead Redemption,Halo Reach,God of War III,Assassins Creed Brotherhood,Need for Speed:Hot Pursuit,Call of Duty:Black Ops,Battlefield:Bad Company 2,FIFA 11,NBA 2K11,Heavy Rain,Gran Tursimo 5,Super Street Figher IV

2011 is gonna be best with:
Battlefield 3,Killzone 3,Gears of War 3,Uncharted 3,Modern Warfare 3,Resistance 3,Crysis 2,Portal 2,Dead Space 2,Infamous 2,Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim,Assassins Creed:Revelations,Batman:Arkham City,LA NOIRE,Need for Speed:The Run,FIFA 12,NBA 2K12,Saints Row 3,Motorstorm:Apocalypse

The longer this gen on the better it gets ;)

2005,2006,2007 and 2008 pretty much except 2007 and 2008 had previous iterations of some of the current games but worse like:

2007:Mass Effect,Uncharted,Modern Warfare,Assassins Creed,Halo 3 and Elder Scrolls IV

2008 was pretty much dull but with one exceptional game:

GTA IV 

I really wasn't a fan of 2004-6. And I'd rather not vote for future years, because we don't know what will finally end up being released, or even how good the games will be.

2007:
BioShock
Mass Effect
Ratchet: ToD
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Portal
Call of Duty 4

2008:
MGS4
LittleBigPlanet
Left 4 Dead

2009:
inFamous
Uncharted 2
Dragon Age Origins
GoW Collection
Killzone 2

2010:
Mass Effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
Black Ops
God of War III
Heavy Rain
Civilization V
AC: Brotherhood

I think 2010 just about edges out 2007.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

2012 for me. With SSX, Soulcalibur 5, Transformers War for Cybertron 2, The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Star Wars: The Old Republic and many other games. I'm really excited.

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.