By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Introducing the New Mods

I thought mods are supposed to just be in the background and make sure things run smoothly. Seems like quite the opposite happens here as the few days I've been here have been full of references to unfair banning and even coming across banned posts.

Sheesh.

EDIT: Also, what's with the 'congrats' nonsense? Is it some kind of achievement? Seems a little l33tist to me.

Around the Network
naimisharanya said:

I thought mods are supposed to just be in the background and make sure things run smoothly. Seems like quite the opposite happens here as the few days I've been here have been full of references to unfair banning and even coming across banned posts.

Sheesh.

EDIT: Also, what's with the 'congrats' nonsense? Is it some kind of achievement? Seems a little l33tist to me.

Of course it's an achievement. It's not easy to become a moderator.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
naimisharanya said:

Sheesh.

Of course it's an achievement. It's not easy to become a moderator.

Indeed it is, I've been one before on other boards sadly it's such a thankless job. T_T

Former something....

naimisharanya said:

Sheesh.

It's a measure of how awesome you are.  I'm so awesome I've gotten it twice.

(and sorry for being MIA the last week-ish, I've been traveling and not near a computer I could really check VGC )

RolStoppable said:
twesterm said:
naimisharanya said:

Sheesh.

It's a measure of how awesome you are.  I'm so awesome I've gotten it twice.

Let's approach this logically.

Last time you quit your job, because you found it hard to keep visiting VGC due to your ongoing duties as moderator. Now this site gives you the same job once again. Ergo, they want to drive you off the site because you are the opposite of awesome.

Or either I'm just so awesome at my job that I'm worth the risk.