By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft jab from Santa Monica employee!

I think the mentality is that if it's saying something negative about MS it's considered hilarious, no matter how lame the comment. I know that if it was an employee of MS saying something bad about Sony, this place would have violently erupted like a volcano full of barking dogs.

Around the Network

I hate to sound as if I am taking this seriously but, I guess he missed the part where it was optional :|

Not that it matters much.

kurasakiichimaru said:
It's not really a nice thing to say. What if Sony sacked him? Where will he go? I don't get why he have to say it. Just let the game speak for itself. He doesn't have to talk to prove his point.

You ever heard of freedom of speech. The questions you should be asking is why do I care what some developer says.

Yous need to think about this. Hes a game developer pointing out an article which says MS will make all future games Kinect compatible in some way or the other and he says thank God he doesn't work for MS. Thats very understandable. Hes part of the God of War team. Just imagine he worked for MS developing a game like GOW for MS and he had to use Kinect. Hows he going to implement Kinect into a game like GOW and make it work. Same goes for move. What if Sony made that mandatory. There is many games that just wouldn't work with move.

geddesmond2 said:
Yous need to think about this. Hes a game developer pointing out an article which says MS will make all future games Kinect compatible in some way or the other and he says thank God he doesn't work for MS. Thats very understandable. Hes part of the God of War team. Just imagine he worked for MS developing a game like GOW for MS and he had to use Kinect. Hows he going to implement Kinect into a game like GOW and make it work. Same goes for move. What if Sony made that mandatory. There is many games that just wouldn't work with move.

People are really blowing microsofts comments out of proportion. Where did they say kinect was going to be MANDATORY for all future first party games? Obviously its going to be optional. Imagine if microsoft made halo4 kinect only... Microsoft may be stupid but they're not crazy. Kinect will be optional. Also the level of implementation could be as simple as menu controls. Not every game is going to need to use kinect in gameplay. 

And if people are gonna harp on microsoft for going this route then why is noone talking about sony forcing move and 3d into every single game? I challenge anyone to name a first party sony title that came out this year that doesn't utilize atleast one of these lame gimmicks. I believe twisted metal is the only one.

Around the Network

Microsoft + Kinect is more doomed than the Nintendo with the Wii U + 3DS disaster combo, and that's saying quite something.

Above: still the best game of the year.

PearlJam said:
I think the mentality is that if it's saying something negative about MS it's considered hilarious, no matter how lame the comment. I know that if it was an employee of MS saying something bad about Sony, this place would have violently erupted like a volcano full of barking dogs.

at least something in this thread made it worthwhile to come in here.  that image gave me a good chuckle.  

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I think its much more understandable than, say,.."I don't likez the PS Moves becaz I don't likez the plasticz!!11".

So a game like Mass Effect 3 that has Kinect support suddenly "requires" Kinect in order to play? Last I heard I could still use the controller only if I wanted to... what prevents MS from creating games this way?

Wow that was hilarious >_>

No but really this whole article is pretty pointless IMO.