By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How good do you think BattleField 3 will look on Ps3 and Xbox.

zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
vlad321 said:
I'm guessing a little worse than, or equal to, the medium settings on the PC (including resolution).

If The Witcher 2 360 is any indication, closer to low.

Ok I would just like to know what Witcher 2 copy you guys have been playing because when I play it on medium-low settings the only things that look exceptional are the characters during cutscenes but everything else was strictly sub-par.

OT: Pretty damn good.

the best aspect of the game was the textures, try turing them up, I doubt you will get much of a performance hit and should make the game look a lot better.

Ok that must be my problem because i had it set for small amount of texture allowance...so turn everything else to low but turn the textures to high? (obviously not the highest)

Around the Network
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
vlad321 said:
I'm guessing a little worse than, or equal to, the medium settings on the PC (including resolution).

Ok I would just like to know what Witcher 2 copy you guys have been playing because when I play it on medium-low settings the only things that look exceptional are the characters during cutscenes but everything else was strictly sub-par.

I'm confused by the question. Yes, the Witcher 2 does dip down quite a bit below medium, and I've seen it run on 360 at E3, and it looks below medium. Does that clear things up?

What I meant was from what I've seen, the Witcher 2 on the 360 kicks the crap out of what my computer could on handle the PC version...aka medium low settings.

yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
vlad321 said:

I'm confused by the question. Yes, the Witcher 2 does dip down quite a bit below medium, and I've seen it run on 360 at E3, and it looks below medium. Does that clear things up?

What I meant was from what I've seen, the Witcher 2 on the 360 kicks the crap out of what my computer could on handle the PC version...aka medium low settings.

You're not seeing it right, then. :P Maybe you're looking at still screens? Bullshots? That cinematic trailer that they released to announce it which is all PC version footage?

It'll be the best looking game of that size, player count, and level of destructibility.

naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
vlad321 said:

You're not seeing it right, then. :P Maybe you're looking at still screens? Bullshots? That cinematic trailer that they released to announce it which is all PC version footage?

Well i did see the 10 minute in game gameplay that they showed at E3 for the 360 version and it looked pretty damn good. The Witcher 2 on the PC with low medium settings however looks like below average console games (except character models during cutscenes)

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:

Well i did see the 10 minute in game gameplay that they showed at E3 for the 360 version and it looked pretty damn good. The Witcher 2 on the PC with low medium settings however looks like below average console games (except character models during cutscenes)

You're simply mistaken, and I can't figure out why if you've played it yourself on Medium. Do you have a link to this 10 minute video? Maybe it looks a lot better than the actual footage I watched them play through at the show. It's not that it looks bad, but the gap is huge between High on PC (much less Very High), and it's definitely lower than Medium, though higher than Low. I think it's pretty clear where it is, and some obvious things like stiff facial animations, solid object hair, and low-res textures make it clearly stand out as a large change from the PC version. Did you just not notice these things?

naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:

You're simply mistaken, and I can't figure out why if you've played it yourself on Medium. Do you have a link to this 10 minute video? Maybe it looks a lot better than the actual footage I watched them play through at the show. It's not that it looks bad, but the gap is huge between High on PC (much less Very High), and it's definitely lower than Medium, though higher than Low. I think it's pretty clear where it is, and some obvious things like stiff facial animations, solid object hair, and low-res textures make it clearly stand out as a large change from the PC version. Did you just not notice these things?

I don't know how to explain it but the Witcher 2 on medium low settings just doesn't looke very good at all to me.

But here's the gameplay video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu9UyAVBk6g

Its offscreen and crappy quality but I still think it looks better then what I had The Witcher 2 on my PC (medium low settings)

yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:

I don't know how to explain it but the Witcher 2 on medium low settings just doesn't looke very good at all to me.

But here's the gameplay video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu9UyAVBk6g

Its offscreen and crappy quality but I still think it looks better then what I had The Witcher 2 on my PC (medium low settings)

The off-screen is actually hiding the issues, not making it worse. I agree, if that's all I saw, I would say it looks as good as Witcher 2 on Medium.

It'll look good enough.

4 ≈ One