By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Playstation 3 isn't dead

TyePhoid_PAL said:
Just an opinion. Most people my age who have jobs can afford to invest in a more mature console like a PS3. Not exactly gona have the lads round before we go out to play on the wii. Its a ll about preference. Average 25 yr old for example likes fighting football music etc.

Once again, we have people stating that the Wii is not a "mature" console. How is the PS3 a more mature console when people that are over ripe play the wii? LOL.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Carlos, if millions think the console is better than it does not necessarily mean that it does not fail in some places. Personally, I don't like the Wii, mainly because I don't like the motion sensor, and was not impressed at all when I played. I'd seen better graphics on my PS2, and it just felt like a step backwards from my PS3.
Anyway, just because more people bought a Wii, does not mean they all think it is better, they could just be buying it now and waiting for the PS3 price to come down.

Seen better graphics on the Playstation 2? Okay. Yeah. I've seen better graphics on the Nintendo 64. Look at the graphics for Off Road Extreme, on the Wii. They are horrible. Of course some Playstation 2 games have better graphics than some Wii games, but more Wii games have better graphics than more Playstation 2 games. Some Wii games have better graphics than some Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 games. Some Super Nintendo games have better graphics than some Nintendo 64 games. Some Genesis games have better graphics than some Playstation games. Yeah... So? If you compare only games with the best graphics, on different systems, than you will be able to judge the power of the consoles more accurately. Saying that some games on the Playstation 2, have better graphics than some games on the Wii, is extremely weak. And your last sentence is also incorrect.

Why is my last sentence incorect, my cousin got a wii and thinks it may be better for multiplayer, but he would much prefer to have a PS3 but it is too expensive to get now.

God of War II had some of the best graphics this year, and not many Wii games have beaten it. What I mean is that the graphical tecnology has hardly moved on to the Wii, and I think that the motion sensing does not move it to the next generation, it is just an add on. However, I am sure many people love it, I just have no interest in the motion sensing and think it is like the EyeToy, fun for a while, but then boring, just a little "party" amusement

brandonwhited07 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
brandonwhited07 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Why don't you own a Wii? Oh, so it's okay to "have" owned the Gamecube, but not the Wii? Go buy a Wii right now!

I don't own a Wii because I'm not a preteen boy who still gets off by Mario and Zelda. I'm 19 years old, so I like to play more intense games. You know? Games with better graphics and gameplay that appeals more to me, then collecting coins and jumping on mushrooms, which the Wii cannot offer. I'll buy the Wii when they start getting games that come on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, but that wont happen. Why? Because The Wii isn't next gen.

More intense than Super Mario Galaxy, or Twilight Princess? In Galaxy, more intense than jumping across rocks, in the middle of scorching hot lava pools? More intense than leaping to the under-side of a sphere, by gravity, in outer space? More intense than wall-jumping, away from a bottomless pit? More intense than battling Bowser, with the sun, blazing, just in the distance? More intense than spinning across quick stand, by the help of a twister? More intense than leaping across freezing pools of water? And don't get me started with the Zelda franchise.

You assume Nintendo is childish, and have played too many games, like Grand Theft Auto, that have mentally dulled your wider appeal. Yeah, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360 produce better graphics than the Wii. Okay? But games on those consoles do not have "better" game play than games on the Wii. They have "different" game play, but not "better." You have never played Super Mario Galaxy, and you have never played "Twilight Princess." You only assume that they are "not intense" enough, and that they are "too childish," because you've just been drugging yourself with shooters, and you've subconsciencly confirmed, to yourself, that the Wii is "childish." And then you say that the Wii "cannot" offer these, so called, "more mature" games? Well, what about "Resident Evil 4? Metroid Prime 3? Call of Duty 3? There are many "M" rated games for the Wii, plus many "E," and "T" rated games, that are enjoyed by mature people, such as Super Mario Galaxy. The Wii is next generation, and it deserves to be, because its controllers are far more, technically superior, than its competition. Graphics alone do not make the next generation. And the Wii has many games that also came out on the Playstation 3, and Xbox 360, plus masterpieces that have not come on to the Playstation 3, or Xbox 360. You are incorrect, assume things to be the way that you want them to be, judge games you have yet to play, and have this mentallity that you are as mature as the games you play. Go buy a Wii right now and play Super Mario Galaxy. And by the way, I like my Playstation 3, and Xbox 360, just as much as my Wii right now. Halo 3 kicks ass, Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to rule the world, but, unlike you, I appreciate "all" good games, and not just shooters, and such, that you've only played, because you are afraid of crossing the borders. Don't limit yourself.

All those games that you mention really makes me laugh, wihich I don't want to try or play. Why would I buy a Wii to playing Resisdent Evil? Resisdent Evil is done better on a Playstation, which I will be buying Resisdent Evil 4 when it comes out for the Playstation 3. I'm different then you, because I don't get enjoyment out of those games, which is okay. By the way, I don't like Grand Theft Auto, which I'm not even looking forward too. If I was going to play a game that is "childish", then it would be LittleBigPlanet.

Makes you laugh? You obviously judge games before you play them. Oh, look at Animal Crossing? It sucks because it's so childish. Oh, look at Metal Gear Solid 3. It sucks because it's too violent. For crying out loud. You do not write off games because they may be "too childih," or "too mature." Those factors are only used by the inexperienced. You have not played Super Mario Galaxy, yet you think it sucks, and you have never played it. So why should I take anything you write, seriously? Obvisouly I have played a wider variety of games than you, because I don't limit myself to all childish, or all violent games. I play everything. You have not. Therefore, your word is of less value. And Resident Evil is not done better on Playstation. Resident Evil 4 got higher reviews on the Gamecube, than on the Playstation 2, and also looked nicer. Only a Sony fanboy would say such a thing. And now you are dismissing "Little Big Planet" for something as idiotic as being "childish." So what? If the game is good, than play it. Maybe you should start judging things differently, instead of dismissing games, you have never played, for simply being "childish." All a game is, is light projected onto a screen, with sound. Everything else is simply in the mind. You are no different than the many, others, who lack experience of what a "true" good game is, especially since you write off games, because of the most idiotic reasons. You know you are a fany boy when you don't like the Wii because you think it's too childish. Buy one, and play Super Mario Galaxy. You will change your mind. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going back to my Playstation 3.

Arkk said:
TyePhoid_PAL said:
Just an opinion. Most people my age who have jobs can afford to invest in a more mature console like a PS3. Not exactly gona have the lads round before we go out to play on the wii. Its a ll about preference. Average 25 yr old for example likes fighting football music etc.

Once again, we have people stating that the Wii is not a "mature" console. How is the PS3 a more mature console when people that are over ripe play the wii? LOL.

The average maturity of games is higher on the PS3 than wii. Also, young kids generally have more energy to throw around with Wii games, but the slightly older might just want a round of PES rather than Wii tennis

a.l.e.x59 said:
brandonwhited07 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
brandonwhited07 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Why don't you own a Wii? Oh, so it's okay to "have" owned the Gamecube, but not the Wii? Go buy a Wii right now!

I don't own a Wii because I'm not a preteen boy who still gets off by Mario and Zelda. I'm 19 years old, so I like to play more intense games. You know? Games with better graphics and gameplay that appeals more to me, then collecting coins and jumping on mushrooms, which the Wii cannot offer. I'll buy the Wii when they start getting games that come on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, but that wont happen. Why? Because The Wii isn't next gen.

More intense than Super Mario Galaxy, or Twilight Princess? In Galaxy, more intense than jumping across rocks, in the middle of scorching hot lava pools? More intense than leaping to the under-side of a sphere, by gravity, in outer space? More intense than wall-jumping, away from a bottomless pit? More intense than battling Bowser, with the sun, blazing, just in the distance? More intense than spinning across quick stand, by the help of a twister? More intense than leaping across freezing pools of water? And don't get me started with the Zelda franchise.

You assume Nintendo is childish, and have played too many games, like Grand Theft Auto, that have mentally dulled your wider appeal. Yeah, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360 produce better graphics than the Wii. Okay? But games on those consoles do not have "better" game play than games on the Wii. They have "different" game play, but not "better." You have never played Super Mario Galaxy, and you have never played "Twilight Princess." You only assume that they are "not intense" enough, and that they are "too childish," because you've just been drugging yourself with shooters, and you've subconsciencly confirmed, to yourself, that the Wii is "childish." And then you say that the Wii "cannot" offer these, so called, "more mature" games? Well, what about "Resident Evil 4? Metroid Prime 3? Call of Duty 3? There are many "M" rated games for the Wii, plus many "E," and "T" rated games, that are enjoyed by mature people, such as Super Mario Galaxy. The Wii is next generation, and it deserves to be, because its controllers are far more, technically superior, than its competition. Graphics alone do not make the next generation. And the Wii has many games that also came out on the Playstation 3, and Xbox 360, plus masterpieces that have not come on to the Playstation 3, or Xbox 360. You are incorrect, assume things to be the way that you want them to be, judge games you have yet to play, and have this mentallity that you are as mature as the games you play. Go buy a Wii right now and play Super Mario Galaxy. And by the way, I like my Playstation 3, and Xbox 360, just as much as my Wii right now. Halo 3 kicks ass, Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to rule the world, but, unlike you, I appreciate "all" good games, and not just shooters, and such, that you've only played, because you are afraid of crossing the borders. Don't limit yourself.

All those games that you mention really makes me laugh, wihich I don't want to try or play. Why would I buy a Wii to playing Resisdent Evil? Resisdent Evil is done better on a Playstation, which I will be buying Resisdent Evil 4 when it comes out for the Playstation 3. I'm different then you, because I don't get enjoyment out of those games, which is okay. By the way, I don't like Grand Theft Auto, which I'm not even looking forward too. If I was going to play a game that is "childish", then it would be LittleBigPlanet.

Makes you laugh? You obviously judge games before you play them. Oh, look at Animal Crossing? It sucks because it's so childish. Oh, look at Metal Gear Solid 3. It sucks because it's too violent. For crying out loud. You do not write off games because they may be "too childih," or "too mature." Those factors are only used by the inexperienced. You have not played Super Mario Galaxy, yet you think it sucks, and you have never played it. So why should I take anything you write, seriously? Obvisouly I have played a wider variety of games than you, because I don't limit myself to all childish, or all violent games. I play everything. You have not. Therefore, your word is of less value. And Resident Evil is not done better on Playstation. Resident Evil 4 got higher reviews on the Gamecube, than on the Playstation 2, and also looked nicer. Only a Sony fanboy would say such a thing. And now you are dismissing "Little Big Planet" for something as idiotic as being "childish." So what? If the game is good, than play it. Maybe you should start judging things differently, instead of dismissing games, you have never played, for simply being "childish." All a game is, is light projected onto a screen, with sound. Everything else is simply in the mind. You are no different than the many, others, who lack experience of what a "true" good game is, especially since you write off games, because of the most idiotic reasons. You know you are a fany boy when you don't like the Wii because you think it's too childish. Buy one, and play Super Mario Galaxy. You will change your mind. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going back to my Playstation 3.

Your really not getting it because you have your Wii remote shoved up your ass. It has nothing to do with childish games or none of that. It has to do with what games I like to play, which isn't Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Brother, and whatever els is coming to the Wii. The system doesn't appeal to me as a entertainment or a gaming system. Get off your high horse. Just because the Wii is ahead in sales doesn't mean shit. You enjoy your Wii. I get it, but I don't, so accept it.

Around the Network
brandonwhited07 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
brandonwhited07 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
brandonwhited07 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

Your really not getting it because you have your Wii remote shoved up your ass. It has nothing to do with childish games or none of that. It has to do with what games I like to play, which isn't Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Brother, and whatever els is coming to the Wii. The system doesn't appeal to me as a entertainment or a gaming system. Get off your high horse. Just because the Wii is ahead in sales doesn't mean shit. You enjoy your Wii. I get it, but I don't, so accept it.

Ofcourse you are allowed to have an opinion, but don't go telling the Wii is not next gen and hardcore gamers don't buy a Wii just because you don't like it. You mix up opinions and facts.

Chrizum said:
brandonwhited07 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
brandonwhited07 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
brandonwhited07 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

Ofcourse you are allowed to have an opinion, but don't go telling the Wii is not next gen and hardcore gamers don't buy a Wii just because you don't like it. You mix up opinions and facts.

I'm not telling hardcore gamers not to buy the Wii, but if they are expecting games like Uncharted, Halo, Warhawk, and online play, then the Wii isn't for your typical hardcore gamer, but I'm not saying that the Wii isn't for hardcore gamers, but they will end up getting a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360, because the Wii has no online game play or many games that aren't rated E. It has nothing to do with being "childish". but the story of the game. Do I want to play an assassin or do I want to play a drawn out Mario character?

Munkeh111 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Carlos, if millions think the console is better than it does not necessarily mean that it does not fail in some places. Personally, I don't like the Wii, mainly because I don't like the motion sensor, and was not impressed at all when I played. I'd seen better graphics on my PS2, and it just felt like a step backwards from my PS3.
Anyway, just because more people bought a Wii, does not mean they all think it is better, they could just be buying it now and waiting for the PS3 price to come down.

Seen better graphics on the Playstation 2? Okay. Yeah. I've seen better graphics on the Nintendo 64. Look at the graphics for Off Road Extreme, on the Wii. They are horrible. Of course some Playstation 2 games have better graphics than some Wii games, but more Wii games have better graphics than more Playstation 2 games. Some Wii games have better graphics than some Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 games. Some Super Nintendo games have better graphics than some Nintendo 64 games. Some Genesis games have better graphics than some Playstation games. Yeah... So? If you compare only games with the best graphics, on different systems, than you will be able to judge the power of the consoles more accurately. Saying that some games on the Playstation 2, have better graphics than some games on the Wii, is extremely weak. And your last sentence is also incorrect.

Why is my last sentence incorect, my cousin got a wii and thinks it may be better for multiplayer, but he would much prefer to have a PS3 but it is too expensive to get now.

God of War II had some of the best graphics this year, and not many Wii games have beaten it. What I mean is that the graphical tecnology has hardly moved on to the Wii, and I think that the motion sensing does not move it to the next generation, it is just an add on. However, I am sure many people love it, I just have no interest in the motion sensing and think it is like the EyeToy, fun for a while, but then boring, just a little "party" amusement

Incorrect? Because people are not buying the Wii, to wait for a price drop. Why? Because a Wii, and a Playstation 3, after a price cut, is more expensive than a Playstation 3, before a price cut, so one would might as well just buy the Playstation 3, at its current price.

Yes, God of War 2 is amazing, but is inferior to Super Mario Galaxy. Only a fan boy would think that the Playstation 2 has better graphics than the Wii. Come on. It's not that you think that Nintendo is inferior. You simply want it to be. By the way, the Wii graphics are far better than Gamecube graphics. The Wii has the third, most powerful graphics, of all time. So what if Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 graphics beat it? The motion sensing capabilities, more than make up for the graphics. The motion sensing capabilities, does, make it to the next generation. You know, the Wii, simply "being" in the next generation, makes it a next generation console, so I find it really unintelligent, when it is dismissed for being a next generation console, just because its graphics are not as good as the competition. Do you know how many imbalanced console generations there have been? Almost, or all, of them. The Amiga CD32 was marginally, more powerful, graphics-wise, than the Super Nintendo, or Sega Genesis, yet it is still in the generation of the Nintendo 64. If you want to count the Wii out of this generation, than you might as well reorder the entire history of gaming consoles, while you're at it.

The motion sensing capabilities of the Wii is not "an add on." The Wii is far too successful for it to be simply "an add on," and the controls improve game play, far too much. It is not a gimmik. It actually improves game play. Only those who have played the bad third-party games would state other wise, or fan boys. I don't even think you have played the Wii. Or, if you have, you have probably only played Wii Sports. Play Super Mario Galaxy, and than you will understand why the motion sensing capabilities, if used correctly, is so revolutionary.

You know, replying to posts these days seem to be more useless than ever before, since nothing is ever applied, or learned, but simply, argued, even to point of extreme incorrectness. It seems as if certain things are battled off, not for correctness, but simply, to over power. No matter what is said, fan boys are just too ignorant, and will keep on limiting themselves, for the most idiotic reasons. Why can't you just learn to accept things the way they are, and start enjoying the games that you would write off, for the stupidest reasons?

brandonwhited07 said:

Ok brandon, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and take this topic seriously if you can tell me why collecting coins is less mature than shooting an alien in the face.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Well, allow me to state this quite calmly and plainly:

19 years old is the only time if your life you think you know everything.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.