By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Stanley Kubrick

The man was a genius, all of his films are masterpieces, any other Kubrick lovers here on VGC? If so, what's your favorite Kubrick film?

Around the Network

difficult question, but I think it's Clockwork Orange.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

salaminizer said:

difficult question, but I think it's Clockwork Orange.

It is a hard one, lol. I agree though I think I would have to go with A Clockwork Orange as well, followed closely by 2001.

2001 for me, its got so much content in it, its an amazing movie, makes you think about our reallity with all the technology and religious topics its a masterpiece.

The other one that i had a blast watching was Dr Strangelove. I Liked Clockwork orange but for me it wasnt as good as his other films

4lc0h0l said:
2001 for me, its got so much content in it, its an amazing movie, makes you think about our reallity with all the technology and religious topics its a masterpiece.

The other on that i had a blast watching was Dr Strangelove. I Liked Clockwork orange but for me it wasnt as good as his other films

I think 2001 is probably his "best" film, overall. The first time I saw it, it blew me away.

Around the Network

The most amazing thing was that it was made in 1968.. and you can clearly see that it was ahead of its time. That for me is the most amazing thing, he clearly envisioned while questioning were is our life being directed, we are product of what, our relationships with the machine we are creating.. etc etc i mean there are topics from religion-spiritual points, to moral issues, the movie just makes you think of so many things..

For sure, It was far ahead of it's time, and also the special effects work still holds up, something you can't say about most 40 year old films.

dystopia said:
For sure, It was far ahead of it's time, and also the special effects work still holds up, something you can't say about most 40 year old films.

Yeah the special effects were amazing. The use of Strauss music also and the scenery, from the space station to the dessert place were the hominids lived (omg!!!) I am getting excited again about the movie again, I think I might have to see it again.

4lc0h0l said:
dystopia said:

Yeah the special effects were amazing. The use of Strauss music also and the scenery used omg I am getting excited again about the movie again, I think I might have to see it again.

His ability to frame up a shot, is beyond most moviemakers. He was a master.

Paths of Glory (love WW1 films study it) and Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb funny and smart.

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.