By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony always improves Nintendo's innovations

theARTIST0017 said:
Aprisaiden said:
theARTIST0017 said:
Aielyn said:
theARTIST0017 said:
Aprisaiden said:
WiiU supports one WiiU controller, PS3/Vita hybrid will support 2 ?

( though i believe Nintendo said that they are doing research into using 3DS's as extra controllers and might try to get a second tablet controller to work + Wiimote's work...)

Source please with confirmation. Thanks.

I just went for the first article I found after typing "WiiU one controller" into google (without quotes).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-09-only-one-wii-u-controller-per-console

Uh huh. And check this article out . . .

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/06/nintendos-reggie-says-wii-u-can-actually-support-two-tablet-controllers/

This is the reason I believe a year from now they will  add 4 player Wii U support (4 Wii U controllers)

ill take Miyamoto and Iwata claim that WiiU supports 1 tablet controller over Pachter claiming that Reggie said that the technology means its techniclly feasiable but cost prohibative so they have yet to decide... 

See, the fact of the matter is you're wrong. In your first post you said Wii U supports ONE Wii U controller. Heres another quote from PRESIDENT Satoru Iwata proving you wrong.

"There's a cost issue. Technically, it is possible for the Wii U to support multiple Wii U Controllers. We're not planning on asking our customers to buy multiple Wii U Controllers." - Satoru Iwata

Link - http://kotaku.com/5812512/multiple-wii-u-controllers-are-a-cost-issue

And again its Nintendo stating its techniclly possible. The WIiU currently supports 1 tablet controller, and its techniclly possible to add support for more but Nintendo don't want to because of the cost -- this is also the reason the WiiU techniclly supports DVD and Blu-ray playback but you can't watch movies on it because Nintendo dosen't want to pay for patents licenses.

In the end currently as of today the WiiU only supports one tablet controller, if over the next 12 months Nintnedo opts to add support for up to 4 controllers then ill be happy -- hell its what i want and part of the reason i bring up the issue of controller support. Also you should re-read my full original post i did acknowlege that Nintendo said it was looking into additional controllers (namely in the form of asking consumers to buy 3DS to use as controllers, though that was based on the assumption that every family owns a 3DS which is Nintendo's current hardware goal/marketing strategy)

Around the Network

The argument about whether the Wii U will support 1 tablet controller or multiple tablet controllers is foolish at this point in time ...

From the sound of it there is no technical limitation on having more than 1 tablet controller, and there seems to be some disagreement within Nintendo whether it makes sense from a marketing perspective to support multiple tablet controllers. It is likely that this internal dispute will be resolved after Nintendo does more market research and talks with third party publishers, and determines the best course of action.

If developers/publishers show significant interest in having multiple controllers supported and their market research demonstrates consumers want multiple controllers and are willing to pay a reasonable price for them I would doubt that the Wii U would only support 1 tablet controller.

Patch incoming for PS3 to use PSVita as controller and or screen for PS3 gameplay confirmed? Or at the very least, PSU confirmed

And I guess people prefer the inferior versions, because Nintendo has the sale on their side ;)

though that can certainly change, especially if Nintendo keeps alienating their audience on the Wii and DS like they seem to be doing.

lightbleeder said:

but then released the Move controller that is more precise and better for motion gaming than Wii's controller (even with Wii motion plus) and also made nunchuck controller wireless.

Move isn't more precise than motion plus, under some cirumstances move has a advantage (for example it can recognize where the position of the player in front of the TV) but when you look at the full experience the wii controls are more precise (for example the pointer controls are a lot of faster and precise) than move.

I am happy that my Nunchuk is not wireless! Don't want another device that eat batteries. If you want, there are add ons to make the nunchuk wireless.

Around the Network

You just can't copy High Definition graphics. That would be like saying Sony copied the DVD format with Blu-Ray.

z101 said:
lightbleeder said:

but then released the Move controller that is more precise and better for motion gaming than Wii's controller (even with Wii motion plus) and also made nunchuck controller wireless.

Move isn't more precise than motion plus, under some cirumstances move has a advantage (for example it can recognize where the position of the player in front of the TV) but when you look at the full experience the wii controls are more precise (for example the pointer controls are a lot of faster and precise) than move.

I am happy that my Nunchuk is not wireless! Don't want another device that eat batteries. If you want, there are add ons to make the nunchuk wireless.

I don't know if I can agree with this blanket statement.  When I borrowed my sister's move, I downloaded a bunch of demos.  Some of them had horrendous pointer controls.  Killzone 3 (not a game I enjoyed but I have to admire its technical prowess) was pretty much on par with the Wii.  I guess it's up to the designer how well the Move works.  Of course, you could argue that the pointer works flawlessly in every Wii game and in certain Move games.

I actually think that having the Wii run on batteries (I use rechargables) is a feather in the Wii Remote's cap.  i can swap rechargeable batteries and play the Wii in two seconds.  When I got the Move, I had to wait for the device to charge.  It has a built in battery (didn't have the Navigation part ot the controller so I don't know about that part) but you can't play a PS Move while it's charging like you can with a dual shock 3.

Aprisaiden said:
theARTIST0017 said:
Aprisaiden said:
theARTIST0017 said:
Aielyn said:
theARTIST0017 said:
Aprisaiden said:
WiiU supports one WiiU controller, PS3/Vita hybrid will support 2 ?

( though i believe Nintendo said that they are doing research into using 3DS's as extra controllers and might try to get a second tablet controller to work + Wiimote's work...)

Source please with confirmation. Thanks.

I just went for the first article I found after typing "WiiU one controller" into google (without quotes).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-09-only-one-wii-u-controller-per-console

Uh huh. And check this article out . . .

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/06/nintendos-reggie-says-wii-u-can-actually-support-two-tablet-controllers/

This is the reason I believe a year from now they will  add 4 player Wii U support (4 Wii U controllers)

ill take Miyamoto and Iwata claim that WiiU supports 1 tablet controller over Pachter claiming that Reggie said that the technology means its techniclly feasiable but cost prohibative so they have yet to decide... 

See, the fact of the matter is you're wrong. In your first post you said Wii U supports ONE Wii U controller. Heres another quote from PRESIDENT Satoru Iwata proving you wrong.

"There's a cost issue. Technically, it is possible for the Wii U to support multiple Wii U Controllers. We're not planning on asking our customers to buy multiple Wii U Controllers." - Satoru Iwata

Link - http://kotaku.com/5812512/multiple-wii-u-controllers-are-a-cost-issue

And again its Nintendo stating its techniclly possible. The WIiU currently supports 1 tablet controller, and its techniclly possible to add support for more but Nintendo don't want to because of the cost -- this is also the reason the WiiU techniclly supports DVD and Blu-ray playback but you can't watch movies on it because Nintendo dosen't want to pay for patents licenses.

In the end currently as of today the WiiU only supports one tablet controller, if over the next 12 months Nintnedo opts to add support for up to 4 controllers then ill be happy -- hell its what i want and part of the reason i bring up the issue of controller support. Also you should re-read my full original post i did acknowlege that Nintendo said it was looking into additional controllers (namely in the form of asking consumers to buy 3DS to use as controllers, though that was based on the assumption that every family owns a 3DS which is Nintendo's current hardware goal/marketing strategy)

I suppose current development kits currently support one (which I hate) but I read somewhere that the new development kits are coming out in July. Lets hope this changes . . . (cause nobody wants to buy wii motes to play Smash Brothers . . .)

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

At the end of the day its just all business...improve on the competition's product.

d21lewis said:
z101 said:
lightbleeder said:

I don't know if I can agree with this blanket statement.  When I borrowed my sister's move, I downloaded a bunch of demos.  Some of them had horrendous pointer controls.  Killzone 3 (not a game I enjoyed but I have to admire its technical prowess) was pretty much on par with the Wii.  I guess it's up to the designer how well the Move works.  Of course, you could argue that the pointer works flawlessly in every Wii game and in certain Move games.

I actually think that having the Wii run on batteries (I use rechargables) is a feather in the Wii Remote's cap.  i can swap rechargeable batteries and play the Wii in two seconds.  When I got the Move, I had to wait for the device to charge.  It has a built in battery (didn't have the Navigation part ot the controller so I don't know about that part) but you can't play a PS Move while it's charging like you can with a dual shock 3.

z101 is full of crap, i doube he even usese the Move, i play KZ3 and Goldeneye and they both work very well. IMHO, the Move works better because the camera does a better job of tracking than the sensor bar, i find that with the Move i dont have to do that much adjustments to get the pointer controls just right. I hate that the wiimote usese batteries, it sucks that i have to keep buying double a batteries all the time, but to each his own