By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - X-MEN FIRST CLASS - Rate It!

Rate It Out Of 10

1 - Pretty Lame.... 1 2.78%

2 - It was badderer kay, kay? 0 0%

3 - It was bad, kay, kay kay kay? 0 0%

4 - Just below mediocre 0 0%

5 - Mediocrity! 2 5.56%

6 - Slightly above mediocrity! 4 11.11%

7 - Decent film...deceeent! 1 2.78%

8 - Good film...enjoyed it...so did my pet! 17 47.22%

9 - Excellent film! 6 16.67%

10 - One Of The Best Movies Ever 5 13.89%

Total:36

i liked it better than either 1 or 2.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Best X Men film easily. Making it grounded in history made it more realistic and fun.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

8/10

Pros:
Charles and Erik steal the show. Props to the actors.
ZOMG KEVIN BACON!!!1!
Nice tie in to historical events.
It tells an actual story and is (mostly) not some super power showcase like X3 and Wolverine.
Professor Xavier says "groovy".

Cons:
There are some lame mutants in this movie. I mean... that dragonfly girl can spit acid... and we're supposed to enjoy watching her do this for five minutes? Almost as bad as the porcupine dude from X3.
The supporting cast can't keep up with the main characters. Scenes tend to drag without Charles, Erik, or Sebastian.
Hanks feet. Ew!

Smeags said:
8/10

Pros:
Charles and Erik steal the show. Props to the actors.
ZOMG KEVIN BACON!!!1!
Nice tie in to historical events.
It tells an actual story and is (mostly) not some super power showcase like X3 and Wolverine.
Professor Xavier says "groovy".

Cons:
There are some lame mutants in this movie. I mean... that dragonfly girl can spit acid... and we're supposed to enjoy watching her do this for five minutes? Almost as bad as the porcupine dude from X3.
The supporting cast can't keep up with the main characters. Scenes tend to drag without Charles, Erik, or Sebastian.
Hanks feet. Ew!

@your score

@bolded

They had awesome chemistry. In  the scene where charles looks into the brightest memory Erik has...lol wow awesome man love there!

And Erik should be James Bond!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

MrBubbles said:

You also think X-Men 3 is the best? That would make 2 people on this planet that think so (me included)

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

@your score

@bolded

They had awesome chemistry. In  the scene where charles looks into the brightest memory Erik has...lol wow awesome man love there!

And Erik should be James Bond!

I blame Hank's feet!

Ew!

Seriously though, I enjoyed it (and so did my pet!).

darthdevidem01 said:
MrBubbles said:

You also think X-Men 3 is the best? That would make 2 people on this planet that think so (me included)

i do indeed. 

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
darthdevidem01 said:
MrBubbles said:

i do indeed. 

Cool same here!!

On Topic:

BTW Hugh Jackmans Cameo was awesome.....Mcavoy n Michael are great actors but that one bit with Jackman...its just sheer screen presence that he has!! The crowd went wild and somehow that cameo hadn't been spoilt for me beforehand!

the only thing that confused me about this movie what that its pretty clear that beast and azazel fathered nightcrawler together. is nightcrawler their test tube love child? or something even wierder...

pretty good.. but i have 1 question that makes you scratch your head thinking "wtf?" at the end of Xmen origins, Professor X was standing up which means he can walk.

"SPOILERS coming up"

and at the end of Xmen First Class he was in a wheel chair....

ill give it an 8.0... it would have gotten higher if it wasn't for that mistake