By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumour: Insane new microsoft exclusive to Rival MGS4 in graphics/gameplay!

No leo, the game is meant to look better than any PS3 game that has been shown. And given current issues K2 has with lighting (no doubt contributing to its delay), it's hardly unsurpassed. Look at any recent PC game, and even Mass Effect.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Lol. Leo Mass Effect DOES look better than GoW. So does the Xbox 360 Call of Duty 4. UT3 will as well. And Too Human/Alan Wake/Fable 2 all look like passing GoW graphically. The lighting effects and artistic direction of Halo 3 easily surpassed GoW.

Lets compare:

mass effect:

Call of duty 4(ps3/360)

GeoW looks better than cod4, believe me I own cod 4. Halo 3 is just more colorful.

I want to compare that to LBP(which is the most realistic game on the ps3 graphicly)

GT5(prolaugue)

killzone 2:

little big planet:

FF XIII

I understand them making a game that looks better than MGS4, since I dont think MGS4 looks all that good anyhow, but they can never make it(on 360 hardware) look better than any of those games above.

mM

Lol.... I take it you'll have something for us in a moment. If its screenshots make sure they are from comparable moments. Also remember that the K2 developer conceded that media released so far has been touched up.

This article is full of bad grammar and errors and looks like it was written by a hyperactive 14 year old, so I wouldn't trust it, then again, so was that article about Bungie splitting up with Microsoft..

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Around the Network

@Leo. LBP does not look any better graphically than Viva Pinata. The Killzone 2 screenshots have been stated to be 'touched up' (which is scary as that doesn't look that great), get a shot of the facial animations in Mass Effect and you'll see what i'm talking about, and that shot from Halo 3 is not from the single player campaign. As for GT5 (which im sure will NOT be compared to whatever the shooter in qn is), it does look very pretty, but it's not streets ahead of Forza 2, and thats even when its out two years later.

I haven't seen much media for FFXIII, but I could have sworn whatever I saw looked better than that...........

Any people that think the XBOX has been pushed to its limits is an idiot. XBOX will have games that will look better than KZ2 and GT5, and so will PS3.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1325/full-res/1195462241.jpg Mass Effect

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1353/full-res/1190542236.jpg Halo 3

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1476/full-res/1178334715.jpg Forza 2

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1424/full-res/1159384896.jpg Viva Pinata

leo-j said:
@starcraft

The xbox 360 cant make a game better looking than gears of war, thats that, no game on the xbox 360 looks better than GoW, and there are a couple of ps3 games that look better than GoW.

Wow Leo-j, I thought your ugly hardcore fanboyism had been put to rest. I have not seen you bust out evil-j in a while. It's kind of refreshing actually...

Seriously though, there are going to be better looking games than GoW on both the 360 AND PS3 in the years to come. Don't fool yourself into thinking that GoW is the best that the 360 can push out. If you already have fooled yourself, change your ways now.

Just kiss the tip.