By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Killer Freaks from Outer Space (WiiU) Trailer and website up

Love it - great style and set in London - well it seems so from the trailer

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Around the Network

They look just like the rabbids.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Can use the Wii remote to aim on this game? Because if I can't I will never buy it.

Rabbids from space.

I already hate it, but I hate all shooters and all those bazillion earth invasion games (and movies) anyway.

trestres said:
They look just like the rabbids.

After bathing in slmie, yes, they very much look like Rabbids.  I was expecting a swerve where the game revealed that they were indeed rabbids.

Around the Network

Why wasn't this at either of the conferences?

Kinda reminds me of High Voltage Studio's "lost" game the Grinder. Has the 4 player co-op and kinda B-movie feel as some said. Definitely like that kinda style. Sounds like a cool concept and I love co-op games like this so should be fun. Not to mention, the screenshots from the live demo they showed off on IGN look quite good for something that must be really early in production not only just for the game but the system as well. Makes me wonder even more what that damn thing is packing haha.

If this is like Left 4 Dead with a Wii U controlled alien overlord.... IM BUYING DAY ONE!!!! Im not an FPS fan, but the Wii Mote makes them fun. If you haven't played Left 4 Dead, let me tell you.... IT ROCKS!!!!! If its what I think it is, I'll buy this over the next zelda. Please do a good job on this Ubisoft... Not sure I have much faith in them as a company, but i'd like to think they can pull a rabbit out of their hat.

Im starting to think that Nintendo has a lot more third party support for this thing than we think. This makes two huge third party exclusives.

DarkD said:
If this is like Left 4 Dead with a Wii U controlled alien overlord.... IM BUYING DAY ONE!!!! Im not an FPS fan, but the Wii Mote makes them fun. If you haven't played Left 4 Dead, let me tell you.... IT ROCKS!!!!! If its what I think it is, I'll buy this over the next zelda. Please do a good job on this Ubisoft... Not sure I have much faith in them as a company, but i'd like to think they can pull a rabbit out of their hat.

Im starting to think that Nintendo has a lot more third party support for this thing than we think. This makes two huge third party exclusives.

Hard to tell right now, but it does seem they are letting 3rd party games shine early on.  Let's not forget that Nintendo has yet to show off anything they are working on for the Wii U.  All we know is Pikmin 3 is far along in its development for it and Super Smash Bros will be there as well (also speculation which probably will happen that New Super Mario Bros Mii will be a game on the system).  This is a completely different route than we are used to.  About the only glimpse we have even gotten from Nintendo on what they are doing for it was just a tech demonstration of Zelda which by the way is incredible.

So yea Nintendo is not only trying to get support from 3rd parties, but basically allowing them to show off their games first.  Ubisoft obviously took the invitation and I'm sure it'll help them with sales early on.  EA and THQ also seem to be on board and WB with the Lego City Stories game.  Just so unlike Nintendo to do something like this, but the best way to help 3rd parties get a footing on their system is by not having a Nintendo title to compete with it haha.  This in a way is like this.  Noticeably absent in all of this, though, is Activision.  Out of all the major developers, they really have been the only ones to not announce anything which is both strange and intriguing to me. 

So yea I think they have a lot of third party support and for big franchises, and over the next couple of months we'll see that unfold as we go into Gamescom, PAX, and TGS.  Then we'll see Ninty's games at their Fall conference.  So interesting to see Nintendo do this, but it may work.

alfredofroylan said:

Imagine the 80's classic movie Critters with FPS gameplay

http://www.alien-conspiracy.com/index2.html

LOL Critters FTW!  Though once I saw the name it made me instantly think of another classic "B" movie from the 80's...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.