By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
darkknightkryta said:

Who else will they put?  The cars from Wipeout?  The only person they haven't announced yet that should be in the game is Snake and Sephiroth.

Uff, you've opened a can of worms now.  Honestly, this is all just based on my opinion and my perception of Sony characters but:

Characters who I'm 99% certain are going to get announced soon:

Ratchet & Clank; Sackboy.

Characters that have represented the Playstation at various points in its life that haven't been announced yet:

Crash; Spyro; Spike/Specter; Cloud/Sephiroth; Lara Croft; Solid Snake; Gabe Logan; Chris Redfield/Jill Valentine; John Tanner; Anyone from GTA; Dante; Ico/Wander.

Honestly, I could make an argument for any of those characters over Kat based on a variety of things ranging from sales to association with the brand.  And don't get me wrong, either - I do like Kat and I understand why it would be important for her to be in the roster (increased awareness of the Vita, first mascot for the system etc.), if I'm coming across as hating the character then I don't mean to at all.

I just feel like PASBR should be a celebration of 18 years of the life of the Playstation - and I thought Parappa was a sign of things to come and we'd see a lot more flirtings with the older characters who used to be representative of the systems.  With only 10 or so spots left to fill I just think it's important they really hit up those nostalgic spots, but I think that's kind of unlikely to happen by this point.

Around the Network
Chark said:

What screenshot? I say Aveline because it would be great advertisement and she looks like an assassin from AC. They could use Ezio but I don't think it would degrade the brand appeal by using Aveline. People need to realize that AC3:L is a legitimate quality title, not some cheap portable game knock off people experienced last gen. It looks really good.

Yeah.  To be fair, I guess that could be a good win-win for both Sony and Ubisoft.  Better recognition for Liberation, better recognition for the Vita and she is a Sony-exclusive character associated with the Assassin's Creed brand.  I guess we'll have to see!

Also, sorry about that screenshot part, it wasn't directed at you, more about the screenshot/IGN discussion that's been posted about the game.  Looking at that and the superimposed images on it now, I can't see how the blurry character can turn out to be anyone but Kat!

Kresnik said:
Chark said:

What screenshot? I say Aveline because it would be great advertisement and she looks like an assassin from AC. They could use Ezio but I don't think it would degrade the brand appeal by using Aveline. People need to realize that AC3:L is a legitimate quality title, not some cheap portable game knock off people experienced last gen. It looks really good.

Yeah.  To be fair, I guess that could be a good win-win for both Sony and Ubisoft.  Better recognition for Liberation, better recognition for the Vita and she is a Sony-exclusive character associated with the Assassin's Creed brand.  I guess we'll have to see!

Also, sorry about that screenshot part, it wasn't directed at you, more about the screenshot/IGN discussion that's been posted about the game.  Looking at that and the superimposed images on it now, I can't see how the blurry character can turn out to be anyone but Kat!

I have no idea why you would think that. There aren't even any colors associated with her in that image. She would be very easy to point out from the yellows and browns. As far as we know, those characters are ones that are already announced and we can't tell the differnence because of how blurry it is and they could be using moves/specials that would change their entire look from default.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
has anyone else platinumed uncharted : golden abyss besides me ?

platinumed  it like 3 weeks ago. first game that made me use near.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Kresnik said:
darkknightkryta said:

Who else will they put?  The cars from Wipeout?  The only person they haven't announced yet that should be in the game is Snake and Sephiroth.

Uff, you've opened a can of worms now.  Honestly, this is all just based on my opinion and my perception of Sony characters but:

Characters that have represented the Playstation at various points in its life that haven't been announced yet:

Crash; Spyro; Spike/Specter; Cloud/Sephiroth; Lara Croft; Solid Snake; Gabe Logan; Chris Redfield/Jill Valentine; John Tanner; Anyone from GTA; Dante; Ico/Wander.

Honestly, I could make an argument for any of those characters over Kat based on a variety of things ranging from sales to association with the brand.  And don't get me wrong, either - I do like Kat and I understand why it would be important for her to be in the roster (increased awareness of the Vita, first mascot for the system etc.), if I'm coming across as hating the character then I don't mean to at all.

I just feel like PASBR should be a celebration of 18 years of the life of the Playstation - and I thought Parappa was a sign of things to come and we'd see a lot more flirtings with the older characters who used to be representative of the systems.  With only 10 or so spots left to fill I just think it's important they really hit up those nostalgic spots, but I think that's kind of unlikely to happen by this point.

Crash and Spyro are out of Sony's control, same with anyone from Resident Evil.  I mentioned those two already and I'm sure Snake will be in the game, though they'll probably use Lightning instead of Sephiroth since Lightning was in the Michael commercial.  Logan's as big as Kat now, or rather unknown, the last two Syphon Filters haven't exactly lit the world on fire.  No idea who Tanner is.  Anyone from GTA is out of Sony's control.  And Ico/Wander are about as big as Kat.  Only Lara's missing, and again, doesn't belong to Sony.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
Kresnik said:
darkknightkryta said:

Crash and Spyro are out of Sony's control, same with anyone from Resident Evil.  I mentioned those two already and I'm sure Snake will be in the game, though they'll probably use Lightning instead of Sephiroth since Lightning was in the Michael commercial.  Logan's as big as Kat now, or rather unknown, the last two Syphon Filters haven't exactly lit the world on fire.  No idea who Tanner is.  Anyone from GTA is out of Sony's control.  And Ico/Wander are about as big as Kat.  Only Lara's missing, and again, doesn't belong to Sony.

That and didnt they say she wouldnt be in the game?

I also agree that Lightning will be placed in and not sephiroth, if they put sephiroth, they would of had to put Cloud in first.

Who knows?  But with the way Microsoft is trying to buy out Tomb Raider, cause you know, it's as big as it was in 1996 and worth paying money for, I don't think she will be.

BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
BasilZero said:

I also agree that Lightning will be placed in and not sephiroth, if they put sephiroth, they would of had to put Cloud in first.

Who knows?  But with the way Microsoft is trying to buy out Tomb Raider, cause you know, it's as big as it was in 1996 and worth paying money for, I don't think she will be.

What? Microsoft buying Tomb raider? But Squareenix owns her now from their purchase of Eidos last year xD.

I know, but I mean, the way Microsoft paid off the Underworld DLC.  The way they're trying to get exclusive showings of the game.  Kinda like what they did with Final Fantasy XIII.  I think they even paid off for DLC too, but that's me talking out of my ass, but I remember me reading something about DLC for the new Tomb Raider.

BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
BasilZero said:

What? Microsoft buying Tomb raider? But Squareenix owns her now from their purchase of Eidos last year xD.

I know, but I mean, the way Microsoft paid off the Underworld DLC.  The way they're trying to get exclusive showings of the game.  Kinda like what they did with Final Fantasy XIII.  I think they even paid off for DLC too, but that's me talking out of my ass, but I remember me reading something about DLC for the new Tomb Raider.

I wouldnt doubt it, they did it with FFXIII-2 weapon DLC and rumors saying that they paid Namco exclusive release rights for Tales of Vesperia in the West.

Yeah, which is why I think Lara isn't going to be in All-Stars.  Microsoft has money invested in the new Tomb Raider game.

darkknightkryta said:

Yes, Snake and Sephiroth/Lightning/Cloud are out of Sony's control, but that doesn't mean that Sony shouldn't be trying to get them.  And it should be exactly the same case with Jill Valentine/Lara Croft/Crash/Spyro/GTA character.  They had no problem approaching 2K to get Big Daddy or Namco to get Heihachi.  These games were integral to the Playstation's early successes - if Sony say afterwards "We tried to get them but their publishers didn't agree", then I could accept that.  But I don't think that would be the case with many of them - Lara seems to have been shot down already, but I don't think Activision would have any problems putting Crash in - more recognition, the brand could be reborn.

Other stuff: Tanner is the lead character in Driver, a series which had two PS1 exclusive games which - according to VGChartz - sold 11 million copies between them.  They were quite well publicised at the time.  I'm not saying you should know who he is, but his connection to Playstation is there.

I'd say Ico/Wander are bigger than Kat.  She has Vita recognition on her side, sure, but Team Ico's games have only grown with popularity over time (rather than shrunk).  Gabe Logan was an integral early part of the Playstation and did fairly well on the PSP as well - he's got the history and the sales to back it up.

Once again, I'm not saying Kat doesn't deserve to be in there.  But the example I was going to use in my post this morning (that I forgot to make because I was in a rush to get out, bleh) was Sofia from Battle Arena Toshinden.  I'm guessing if you don't know who Tanner is, you won't know who she is, but if I'm wrong then that's excellent.  Anyway, she was kind of the second 'unofficial' mascot of the Playstation after Polygon man got shot down by Ken.  I haven't really seen any people at all ever mention her as a potential character for the game, even though again she was the main part a really heavily publicised game at the PS1's launch.  She has just as much right to be there as Kat, who is - if you like - a kind of mirror character for the Vita.

I guess my objections to Kat would be lesser if they'd filled the roster out equally, but it feels like they're going really top-heavy on characters from this generation and really neglecting the history.  If I'm wrong and they announce 10 characters with long ties to the Playstation brand in the next few months then of course, I'll be very pleased!

Chark said:

I have no idea why you would think that. There aren't even any colors associated with her in that image. She would be very easy to point out from the yellows and browns. As far as we know, those characters are ones that are already announced and we can't tell the differnence because of how blurry it is and they could be using moves/specials that would change their entire look from default.

Okay.  Sorry :(.  Was just trying to open up a bit of discussion!