By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

moar and moar info

"We forgot to mention one major character in our previous writeups about Soul Sacrifice: a "book." This "book" is a central figure in the game's story.

As detailed earlier, the main character is someone who was raised by a cruel sorcerer. Just as the main character is about to be given as a sacrificial offering, a special book appears before him. This book is a demon in book form. It contains the records of past fights between the sorcerer and monsters.

The player enters the world of the book and experiences the stories and fights depicted therein.

In addition to this background story, Sokuho's Famitsu summary mentions one magic attack that we didn't mention earlier: Salamander. This attack involves burning something (presumably a part of your body).

The game will have a customization component. You'll be able to select from a variety of styles for your character.

Your play style will also affect your form. As part of the game's story setting, the monsters you fight are former humans who used their magic too much and lost their human form. Make the same mistake, and you'll also begin to lose your human form.

Soul Sacrifice has support for one to four players. While we don't know what the multiplayer component will be like, it appears that you'll be able to sacrifice your fellow players' lives.

Keiji Inafune is listed in Famitsu in the game's "planning" and "development" role. Actual development is taking place at Marvelous AQL. The game's music component is from Yasunori Mitsuda and Wataru Hokoyama, with Hokoyama scheduled to head up overseas recording. On Sony Computer Enteratinment's side, the game's producer is Kentaro Motomura , and its assistant producer is Teruyuki Toriyama."

via andriasang

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I'm sure this is already posted but for psvita Asian owners Sony has a special treat for you. In celebration for the psvita launch in indonesia and malaysia.

http://asia.playstation.com/my/en/news/latestNewsDetail/273022

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Sal.Paradise said:

Andriasang on Soul Sacrifice:

Weekly Famitsu lists the following sacrificial magics. While we listed these as summons earlier, they appear to be just magic attacks.

Excalibur: You stick your hand down your throat, pull out your spinal cord, and use this as your sword. (!!!!)
Gleipnir: Chop off your five fingers and perform a punch with your extended bones.
Gorgon: Pull out your eyeballs, and use them to blast out magic beams
Gungnir: Your bones and nerves emerge from your body and attack

Why would you torture yourself to kill your foes? This is actually part of the background story. You play as a slave who serves a cruel sorcerer.

It appears that you may be fighting people like yourself. Screenshots show massive creatures who apparently used their powerful magic too much and lost their human form.

There are still a few unclear areas about Soul Sacrifice -- for instance, if you chop your fingers off, do they come back? -- but we'll hopefully get additional details later in the day or at tomorrow's unveiling press conference.

Famitsu lists Soul Sacrifice as 50% complete. The game is due for release this Winter.

Freaky. I love the concept.

So you will use your body to finish each stage (and hoefully youget restored between them).

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

So anyone knows what happened to Silent Hill ?
Was it finally cancelled ?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Sal.Paradise said:

Reminds me of this:

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
So anyone knows what happened to Silent Hill ?
Was it finally cancelled ?

It was delayed to May 22 according to Gamestop, but Konami has been so quiet about it, so who knows?

Ok so now we have Starlight funded, so a new game for PS Vita :D Also, I'm so surprised about Soul Sacrifice, there are really sacrifice there not just a part of the name. And...

A new Playstation Vita game announced:

Zombie Tycoon 2 revealed by Frima Studio

Frima Studio has officially announced the development of Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge for PS Vita and PS3.

The sequel to the 2009 PSN title Zombie Tycoon, Brainhov's Revenge steps up the hilarious, irreverent RTS gameplay of the original with an array of new zombies, sharper graphics and multiplayer Cross Play capability.

In addition to providing hours of zombie blasting, Zombie Tycoon 2will pit classic, shambling zombies against Dr. Brainhov's new breed of frantic, über-fast undead to open an entirely new dimension of gameplay.

"At Sony we're always excited to see new titles pushing the envelope of our technologies and with its real time, cross-platform gameplayBrainhov's Revenge is no exception.  We're pleased to have this kind of great content in the development pipeline and look forward to providing players with an innovative Cross Play experience," said Matt Levitan, Director of Marketing and Public Relations for Sony Computer Entertainment Canada.

Frima Studio is building Zombie Tycoon 2around Unreal Engine 3.

Source: http://www.news10.net/entertainment/gameguys/article/192575/242/Zombie-Tycoon-2-revealed-by-Frima-Studio

RafaelOrix said:

Ok so now we have Starlight funded, so a new game for PS Vita :D

I'm pretty shocked that it made it. I chipped in way back when it first started, but it was basically stalled for so long. Then it started to pick up some serious steam but was still about $15,000 short with two hours to go last time I checked. I can't believe they did it.

Okay, TOO grotesque... gosh

I really hope the actual game is not as gruesome as this pic... because it makes me sick.

Wow at Soul Sacrifice, looks promising and damn - there are some really great people aboard of this project.
Also glad to see that Starlight Inception is finally funded. Until there is no new Colony Wars, I will looking forward to this game ;)