By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
MikeRox said:
DemoniOtaku said:

Because they didn't force the developers to do it, like PSP crosscontroller and remote play options with PS3. Being fair, PS3 hardware was limited, on PS4, Vita as controller works great :D

I don't mean that. I mean the Vita being used to control PS3 games. I mean it actually being part of the control scheme (touch screen being used to interact with the main game) much more like the Wii U controller, rather than just being an extra controller using regular controls.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/18/littlebigplanet-2-ps-vita-cross-controller-pack-out-today/

We never really saw any further expansion of this beyond this tech demo.

Its the same, PS3 hardware was limited... very limited. Even more than Vita's. The Vita was made thinking on PS4 which was going to release little soon after.

Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:

Hedging bets against NX again, like they did with PSV/PS3 cross control that absolutely nothing used?

I'm not completely opposed to the idea of there being a new piece of handheld hardware at PlayStation Meeting, but in no universe can I see it being a new device.  Seeing how many half-hearted efforts they made to shoe-horn the Vita into being something (AAA on the go; indiemachine; remote play machine; second screen machine; PS Now machine) only to abandon them all, I don't get why they'd bother failing all over again with new hardware.  Especially when the 'highlights' of the lineup are multi-plat ports - the same kind of thigns that have been propping up Vita for years despite the fact it's still selling terribly.

There could possibly be a Vita 3000 for Asian markets just to eek a bit more money out, but I don't see anything other than that.  And hopefully, for my sanity, a 128GB card.

If it is a Vita3000 I ABSOLUTELY DOUBT that it will be announced on the PlayStation Meeting, because if they want to appeal the Asian market they can just wait till TGS happening days later. So IF there's a Portable system to be announced on this meeting, it have to be a new hardware, not a revision of a current one.

Augen said:
US Amazon best sellers in Vita

1. Trails of Cold Steel II
2. Valkyrie Drive - Bhikkuni
3. Hatsune Miku - Project Diva X

4. Persona 4 Golden
5. Steins; Gate 0
6. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
7. Sword Art Online: Lost Song
8. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops
10. World of Final Fantasy
11. Final Fantasy X
12. Yomawari: Night Alone
13. Root Letter
14. Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

15. Freedom Wars
16. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
17. Little Big Planet
18. Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
19. Assassin's Creed: Liberation
20. Muramasa Rebirth
21. Gal Gun: Double Peace
22. Borderlands 2
23. Killzone Mercenary
24. Sly Cooper Collection
25. Shantae: Half Genie Hero
26. MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
27. Batman: Arkham Origins
28. Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
29. God Eater 2 Rage Burst
30. Walking Dead: Season 2

-------------

I bring this up because looking at this reminds me why I love my Vita and its library. So many games that appeal to me.

Bolded those on my Desperatelly Wish list... damn, this year have been bad on the finances for me.. So only have bought some games in offers in the store -.-

Dr.Vita said:
SnowPrince said:

This is waaay too good to be true. Please don't do this with my feels. PERSONA 5 ? CRASH ? GR2 ? For real ?

I hope this isn't a successor but more like a handheld revision just like the new 3DS.

It would be so freaking epic if the rumor was true and that it's a new PS Vita instead of a completely new handheld!!! 

Read What I said to Kresnik.

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:

Hedging bets against NX again, like they did with PSV/PS3 cross control that absolutely nothing used?

I'm not completely opposed to the idea of there being a new piece of handheld hardware at PlayStation Meeting, but in no universe can I see it being a new device.  Seeing how many half-hearted efforts they made to shoe-horn the Vita into being something (AAA on the go; indiemachine; remote play machine; second screen machine; PS Now machine) only to abandon them all, I don't get why they'd bother failing all over again with new hardware.  Especially when the 'highlights' of the lineup are multi-plat ports - the same kind of thigns that have been propping up Vita for years despite the fact it's still selling terribly.

There could possibly be a Vita 3000 for Asian markets just to eek a bit more money out, but I don't see anything other than that.  And hopefully, for my sanity, a 128GB card.

I suppose the most logical thing would be a "neo". It's still fully functioning as a regular Vita, but then has extra clout to pull off its own games that share development with pa4 counterparts?

Iono all speculation. But I agree a completely separate format would not be a good idea at this point.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

I suppose the most logical thing would be a "neo". It's still fully functioning as a regular Vita, but then has extra clout to pull off its own games that share development with pa4 counterparts?

Iono all speculation. But I agree a completely separate format would not be a good idea at this point.

I could see that, on the basis that they want to keep it alive a little longer as an indie machine in the west and a PS4 port machine in Japan, and with games being cancelled left and right due to "can't be bothered optimizing" attitude, a stronger Vita might help with that.

I don't hold out much hope though.

Twin Star Exorcists game announced for PS Vita
A battle and adventure game with an original story.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/twin-star-exorcists-game-announced-ps-vita

NesFe said:
Twin Star Exorcists game announced for PS Vita
A battle and adventure game with an original story.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/twin-star-exorcists-game-announced-ps-vita

TGS gives me hope plenty more Vita games in the pipeline.

Around the Network

Smartphones are already reaching this level of details with current hardware: http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/08/26/developer-madfinger-unveils-shadowgun-legends-mmorpg-shooter/

a Vita3000Neo+Etc wouldn't be a bad thing... I'm sure that some downports will look awesome... some already look great on Vita, but limited by hardware the framerates are messy... so a Upgraded hadheld would be good... BUT you should be prepared, if it's like that, thean tree years or so, after this a new model will be announced. Like PS4 and ONE, the generations will cease to exist and there will be periodical upgrades on hardware, which I think isn't a bad thing if they want to keep up the pace to the mobile market on hardware like they want with the PC market in the same with NEO/Scorpio.

That's.. IF something related to Vita or any handheld is announced... I can not have enough hopes with SONY anymore -.-

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

When I played the japanese version of Digimon Cyber I picked Terriermon as my starter. Now, since I'm playing it again i decided to use a different digimon (Palmon), yet when I evoled one of my digimon I ended up getting Terriermon and now it's in my main party again. I just can't let go of that beautiful creature !

god eater is really fun so far (11hours played) and its a suprinsing good story for a game like that.

My Retail Games Collection (January 2015)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ99pL3WR2goZTseFboiz8g

Augen said:
US Amazon best sellers in Vita

1. Trails of Cold Steel II
2. Valkyrie Drive - Bhikkuni
3. Hatsune Miku - Project Diva X
4. Persona 4 Golden
5. Steins; Gate 0
6. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
7. Sword Art Online: Lost Song
8. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops
10. World of Final Fantasy
11. Final Fantasy X
12. Yomawari: Night Alone
13. Root Letter
14. Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
15. Freedom Wars
16. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
17. Little Big Planet
18. Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
19. Assassin's Creed: Liberation
20. Muramasa Rebirth
21. Gal Gun: Double Peace
22. Borderlands 2
23. Killzone Mercenary
24. Sly Cooper Collection
25. Shantae: Half Genie Hero
26. MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
27. Batman: Arkham Origins
28. Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
29. God Eater 2 Rage Burst
30. Walking Dead: Season 2
-------------

I bring this up because looking at this reminds me why I love my Vita and its library. So many games that appeal to me.

It's weird that I feel bad that the Vita has been hacked now and there is piracy available on it... but at the same time I have 14 of the 30 of these games and about 100+ more titles. Maybe I shouldn't feel too bad if I do play something other than MAME roms on the Vita... Although I am onto the 3rd Gym in Pokemon Emerald too... damn that gen had some derpy early on Pokemon, looks so amazing on the Vita screen though, the black around caves on the screen being fully black, it was how Pokemon was meant to be played.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

NesFe said:
When I played the japanese version of Digimon Cyber I picked Terriermon as my starter. Now, since I'm playing it again i decided to use a different digimon (Palmon), yet when I evoled one of my digimon I ended up getting Terriermon and now it's in my main party again. I just can't let go of that beautiful creature !

Select Palmon... de-evolve to Tanemon > Evolve to Renamon, best starter confirmed.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive