By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

New info about Drive Girls:

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/drive-girls-announced-ps-vita

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Drive Girls, a new game from Japanese developer Bergsala Lightweight for PS Vita. 

The game will let players freely switch between a human-esque “fighting form” and vehicle-esque “driving form” while fighting an army of formidable insect-type robots.

Further information has yet to be announced or leak from the magazine.

The developer made Bushido Blade for PS1!

Around the Network

Japanese Transformers ! I'm actually a bit interested now.

I'm thinking of picking up a used PSP in the near future (next 3-4 months) to play some PSP games I've missed and that aren't available digitally on PSN

1 - Which model do you recommend?
2- Anything I should know about registering devices/downloading games (seeing as how it's no longer supported afaik)

http://www.gamezone.com/news/original-ps4-and-vita-vanish-from-sony-china-site-new-details-on-playstation-event-revealed-3443241

I truly wonder what's happening with Vita.  We'll likely find out at either the PS Meeting tomorow or TGS whether it's alive for much longer.

Apparently PS4 and Vita have both been removed from Sony China's website.  PS4 because it's getting replaced by slim.  Vita either because it's being discontinued... or replaced by a new model too.

Kresnik said:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/original-ps4-and-vita-vanish-from-sony-china-site-new-details-on-playstation-event-revealed-3443241

I truly wonder what's happening with Vita.  We'll likely find out at either the PS Meeting tomorow or TGS whether it's alive for much longer.

Apparently PS4 and Vita have both been removed from Sony China's website.  PS4 because it's getting replaced by slim.  Vita either because it's being discontinued... or replaced by a new model too.

Wow. I'd lean towards discontinued, but would you just pull it from sale for that?

I do remember that it was rumoured to already have been discontinued in some European countries months ago, so that would suggest they've been selling through their inventory. Which would actually make it prime for an update.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
I'm thinking of picking up a used PSP in the near future (next 3-4 months) to play some PSP games I've missed and that aren't available digitally on PSN

1 - Which model do you recommend?
2- Anything I should know about registering devices/downloading games (seeing as how it's no longer supported afaik)

1- I had the fat 1000 and the 3000. The 3000 is miles better, screen looks neat and the grip is much more comforting. But people who tried the PSP Go tend to say it is the best model so far (though doesn't support UMD and PSN is not supported anymore on the platform)

2- Well downloading games legally is not possible anymore. so you should just buy UMDs. In my case finding a UMD now of a game would be like a treasure hunt, so i'd suggest you use a custom firmware and download the games you want over internet, even though i do not encourage such practice but if need be, you don't have much choice. You just need to fully realize that.

MikeRox said:

Wow. I'd lean towards discontinued, but would you just pull it from sale for that?

I do remember that it was rumoured to already have been discontinued in some European countries months ago, so that would suggest they've been selling through their inventory. Which would actually make it prime for an update.

Hey, need support with your PlayStation Vita in Europe?

https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/#/

Good luck with that.  Their hardware page lists only PS3; PS4 & DS4.

I don't like this one bit.  I'm leaning towards discontinuation too.  Man, that would absolutely suck.

Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:

Hey, need support with your PlayStation Vita in Europe?

https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/#/

Good luck with that.  Their hardware page lists only PS3; PS4 & DS4.

I don't like this one bit.  I'm leaning towards discontinuation too.  Man, that would absolutely suck.

Not looking great is it? In that case id either go with new platform (more for the East) but their emphasis on mobile makes that seem unlikely. Or full blown discontinuation. But, really... They have some pretty high profile releases in the coming weeks. Very uncharacteristic of the company that traditionally allows its older hardware to plod on as long as there are games being pressed.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

Not looking great is it? In that case id either go with new platform (more for the East) but their emphasis on mobile makes that seem unlikely. Or full blown discontinuation. But, really... They have some pretty high profile releases in the coming weeks. Very uncharacteristic of the company that traditionally allows its older hardware to plod on as long as there are games being pressed.

I don't think they would release a statement for the discontinuation, third party publishers shouldn't allow it as long as they still have some games in the pipeline. They will just cease their shipments slowly, starting with the Americas, Europe and lastly Asia. I think it will survive in Japan for a year and a half at most.

Just a random thought: "Weird of them not to try and make a hybrid mobile/handheld device that would suit Japanese audience and may catch some western fans. They must know that the demand is still there. And with the all other branches of Sony underperforming, relying solely on the PS4 for their Gaming branche would be suicidal."

I'm nearly certain Vita is already discontinued in the US. Nobody has new ones, even gamestop barely have anything. Luckily games keep coming but I'm slowly accepting this train is nearly at the station. THOUGH, the last time this happened was when we got the slim so who knows.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)