By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Seeing that I work in retail I knew the Vita's day were numbered. The Vita section of my store (Best Buy) is down to one game, Danganronpa: AE, and no consoles. It's been like that for about 2 months now. Granted Best Buy isn't the largest game retailer but we had the second largest Vita section in town for the longest time. Now Gamestop is still the top having ~20-25 games on hand and now the Walmart I went to a couple days ago had about 10 games which surprised me. Everywhere else, no dice.

It's sad but I've come to terms with the Vita's situation in the US. Honestly the Vita could have easily been discontinued in 2014 (in the US) and most retailers wouldn't have cared. It's a miracle this little handheld has made it this far and is still kicking and to that I salute the Vita!

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network
ihh said:
I´m glad Vita is dead.
It´s a shame for people that bought it and expected more support, but personaly I hate playing on handheld and smartphone.
With Vita out of the way all of WWS can focus on PS4. I can´t wait for Gravity Rush 2 on PS4 and am eagerly awaiting for Sony Bend to reveal their new project.

lol like WWS has been spending so much resources on vita games. Fkers could spend some of that wasted money on the discarded SSM game and make like 5 vita games but nope. PS4 first party titles have been underwhelming for the most part of PS4 life out of their own incompetence. Get the fk outta here

on a different note

Ray Gigant hitting West real soon! May 3rd! 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=201010148&postcount=1

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ihh said:

With Vita out of the way all of WWS can focus on PS4. 

You mean focus on PS VR. Good luck

Hooray for third parties, saviors of every PS console.

ihh said:
I´m glad Vita is dead.
It´s a shame for people that bought it and expected more support, but personaly I hate playing on handheld and smartphone.
With Vita out of the way all of WWS can focus on PS4. I can´t wait for Gravity Rush 2 on PS4 and am eagerly awaiting for Sony Bend to reveal their new project.

LOL *Crickets*

What PS4 games?

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

I ended up going with the Vita LE for Psycho Pass. I'm excited for it!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
ihh said:
I´m glad Vita is dead.

There are other places you could express your satisfaction with the Vita's demise. Even then, let's avoid the bait.

I thought this was the playstation community, my mistake. Wrong place indeed. I edited my post, sorry everyone.

NesFe said:

lol thanks, by the time I manage to get something done, the vita would probably be extinct with Sony hunting down vita owners and taking them out themselves !

Sadly, that could happen!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:
What are you guys thoughts on the "rumour" of Vita being discontinued in the Netherlands

Don't really want to talk about it lol, but this just seems like the latest in a long line of "hints" leading to me to believe that Sony genuinely are done completely with Vita in the west.

i.e. Smyths having a fire sale of Vita for £100.00; discontinuing PSTV etc.

Don't want to admit it, but heh, things aren't looking good.  Not like we'll get any official word from Sony either =/

Well, I've been here before with Dreamcast, and interestingly, death of the hardware did not signal death of the software for quite some time. So there is still the chance of a nice twilight period lasting pretty much the duration of what a gen would likely be anyway.

I expected software releases to have dried up in 2014, so it looks like I've got 2 years extra than I anticipated when I decided to get every Vita game. Though that wasn't a great thing for my wallet! haha

It will be interesting to see how long the Vita audience stays around, as it's not as if there's any alternative platform to jump to without a big downgrade and an IMO inferior catalogue beyond the typical Nintendo fare. So it could well remain a niche ongoing platform even after the last new consoles have left the shelves.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Oh God, I knew so many replies meant something had happened here xD

ihh said:
CGI-Quality said:

There are other places you could express your satisfaction with the Vita's demise. Even then, let's avoid the bait.

I thought this was the playstation community, my mistake. Wrong place indeed. I edited my post, sorry everyone.

People will forgive but they will not forget. You reap what you sow.