By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
NesFe said:
Just Finished utawarerumono and I fucking loved that game. Can't wait to play the sequel next year. Now Off to properly play Xanadu (only played 20 minutes before).

How tied to the first Utawarerumono game is it?

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
DemoniOtaku said:

Have You forgot the recent FF Type-0?! Really?! And even if it comes to Vita on the west, I'm sure there' will be a PS4 version.

Did they announce a complete remake? Type 0 was never on Vita. It was a PSP game that was redone for PS4/X1. How is this a similar situation?

The game was expected to release on the west on PSP, even was translated for it...

On othe things..

New trailer for MeiQ ni Chika ni Shisu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCI5FuqffvY

New Gameplay video for Omega Labyrinth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVnReSSR-aM

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

http://www.pocket-console.com/2015/10/an-interview-with-limited-run-games.html

-4-

MAC: You mentioned on Twitter that PS4 projects would have a lower production cost than Vita, so will that be a focus early on over Vita titles? Are Sony products going to be the main focus for now?

JF: 
Sony consoles and handhelds are the main focus right now, and that's due to how progressive Sony is with allowing smaller publishers to do physical runs. I can't go into detail, but their minimum order quantities are incredibly reasonable compared to Microsoft and Nintendo. I don't get the feeling that either of the latter want to waste their time with smaller print runs. This is just one more reason on the pile of reasons to develop for Sony.

Due to the proprietary cartridge format of Vita games, production costs are about 50% higher. With our earlier releases we plan to stagger them by releasing PS4 discs first, when possible, followed by Vita carts. We'd do this to utilize any gains from the PS4 run to fund the Vita run. That said, we definitely plan to publish Vita exclusive games - we'll just have to stick to smaller print runs on those until we've built up our funds a bit.

-5-

MAC: What are your plans for working with other devs on limited print runs? Anything in the works already?

JF: 
We currently have a list of over forty games that we'd love to bring into the physical realm. It's a good mix of PS4 and Vita titles both upcoming and already released. We're already in talks with a few developers and their games are awesome - I wish I could say more! If any of your readers have a favorite game that isn't available physically, they should definitely feel free to drop our name to that game's developer.

-6-

MAC: I have to ask, how's Saturday Morning RPG for Vita coming along? Any issues or roadblocks you've having to overcome? Vague ETA?

JF: 
It should be out in January! We've been finishing up the fifth episode, and we're working to ship it simultaneously on around 10 platforms (Vita included!). As you might imagine - it's a bit of a nightmare for our testers! A physical version of Saturday Morning RPG will be available around the same time through Limited Run Games.

Kresnik said:

How tied to the first Utawarerumono game is it?

Oh, the game is absolutely a sequel simlar to kiseki series (Game takes place in a different region, but its an overall shared world with events that affect the world and characters from earlier title showing up).

Strange one, but did anyone import any of these games (or even play them) and if so, what are your thoughts on their playability to a person who understands little Japanese and whether they're worth buying?

For some reason, I'm in the mood for buying and playing something cheap and Japanese.

And for reference, I muddled through Gundam Breaker 1 using the internet to translate menus for me and I had quite a fun time playing it:

- Irregular Magic High School: Out of Order
- World Trigger: Borderless Missions
- Bullet Girls
- Cross Ange
- Madoka Magica: Battle Pentagram

Games listed in order of how interested I am in them.

I'm also planning on importing Ukiyo no Roushi, but I haven't given up hope on a localization of that one quite yet.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

http://www.pocket-console.com/2015/10/an-interview-with-limited-run-games.html

-4-

MAC: You mentioned on Twitter that PS4 projects would have a lower production cost than Vita, so will that be a focus early on over Vita titles? Are Sony products going to be the main focus for now?

JF: 
Sony consoles and handhelds are the main focus right now, and that's due to how progressive Sony is with allowing smaller publishers to do physical runs. I can't go into detail, but their minimum order quantities are incredibly reasonable compared to Microsoft and Nintendo. I don't get the feeling that either of the latter want to waste their time with smaller print runs. This is just one more reason on the pile of reasons to develop for Sony.

Due to the proprietary cartridge format of Vita games, production costs are about 50% higher. With our earlier releases we plan to stagger them by releasing PS4 discs first, when possible, followed by Vita carts. We'd do this to utilize any gains from the PS4 run to fund the Vita run. That said, we definitely plan to publish Vita exclusive games - we'll just have to stick to smaller print runs on those until we've built up our funds a bit.

-5-

MAC: What are your plans for working with other devs on limited print runs? Anything in the works already?

JF: 
We currently have a list of over forty games that we'd love to bring into the physical realm. It's a good mix of PS4 and Vita titles both upcoming and already released. We're already in talks with a few developers and their games are awesome - I wish I could say more! If any of your readers have a favorite game that isn't available physically, they should definitely feel free to drop our name to that game's developer.

-6-

MAC: I have to ask, how's Saturday Morning RPG for Vita coming along? Any issues or roadblocks you've having to overcome? Vague ETA?

JF: 
It should be out in January! We've been finishing up the fifth episode, and we're working to ship it simultaneously on around 10 platforms (Vita included!). As you might imagine - it's a bit of a nightmare for our testers! A physical version of Saturday Morning RPG will be available around the same time through Limited Run Games.

Total production ocsts or Cartdrige production costs compared to Bluray disks? If the later, that's pretty cheap..

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Looking on amazon today - over the past couple of years, I've bought Vita games that seemed to have limited print runs because I thought they'd only get higher and higher in price.

Amazing Spider Man I paid £28.00 for, WRC 4 I paid £22.00 for.

Amazon has both brand new - £23.00 for Spider Man and £16.00 for WRC 4. Guess they got reprinted. I got duped :(

Kresnik said:

- Irregular Magic High School: Out of Order
- World Trigger: Borderless Missions
- Bullet Girls
- Cross Ange
- Madoka Magica: Battle Pentagram

I've imported Cross Ange at launch, but I've only played 2 missions. it's basically a VN with Mech missions. Currently, I can't play it since I left the game in another country , but from what i played i would not rank it as a good anime adapted game. The VN sections were nice, but the gameplay wasn't very enjoyable for me personally mostly because I didn't feel any sense of speed in the game at all. Also, firing weapons didn't leave much of an impact.

From the other games, can't quite remmber where but I've read that Out of order wasn't very good. i was interested in World trigger a while back, but I didn't get it. It's ranked at 4.5 stars on japanese PSN (don't know how reliable that is though).

Honestly, I think Ukiyo no Roushi is your best choice that or World trigger though i know nothing about bullet girls and Madoka.

I want those guys to get Digimon Story a Physical Vita release

Roronaa_chan said:

It seems EU version of Trails of cold steel was delayed again.. to January 29 of 2016
NA version delayed until December 15

I don't see this anywhere on the net. Where is this coming from exactly?