By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Ark Systems Works confirming the obvious.. their games compatible with VitaTV:

Not like the needed any update or something...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network

Has anyone got a Vita TV yet? Was quite sad to hear that Netflix doesn't work on it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Since most of this stuff hasn't been posted yet:

Senran Kagura: Bon Apppetit out 11th November (12th in Europe):

http://gematsu.com/2014/10/senran-kagura-bon-appetit-release-date-set

Terraria PS3 +  Vita tops 300k sold in Japan (pretty big success):

http://gematsu.com/2014/10/terraria-console-sales-top-300000-japan

And Acquire announce a new F2P game for Vita & Smartphones:

http://gematsu.com/2014/10/acquire-announces-free-play-hero-fortress-bagooon-ps-vita-smartphones

I've been worried about Acquire for some time.  They used to make ambitious and enjoyable janky action games like Shinobido; Way of the Samurai and - more recently - Akiba's Trip which I've genuinely enjoyed.  When GungHo acquired (tehe) them I assumed they'd be shoving them onto F2P crap, but they held out for a while making the same lovely janky crap for Vita & PS3.  But now it seems they have been relegated for F2P... just like Grasshopper on PS4.  

I really hope this is just one of many projects for them and they can continue supporting PlayStation consoles with Japanese action games just like they always have.  I'm guessing Game Arts will be the next ones pulled off retail titles (now Ragnarok Odyssey is basically done) and put on F2P stuff.

I'm similarly worried about Gust being absorbed by Koei Tecmo.  They've kept going for the time being but their sales are just getting worse and worse :(

Bonappetit has a much more reasonable price than I was expecting. I'd definite put a tenner down for it day 1.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I'm pleasantly surprised at Terraria. Seems to have found a nice niche.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
rutea7 said:

no, it's because Escha and Logy was the first Atelier game to use the new engine so it looks much better than previous ateliers in general whether Vita or PS3, i doubt there will be a big downgrade when ported to PS Vita

Each Atelier has looked progressively better than the last one regardless of the engine switch.  I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that Meruru looked miles better than Rorona; and Ayesha looked miles better than Totori (and they were all running on PhyreEngine).

That doesn't change what I said though.  Those are PS3 screenshots.  I'm sure it'll look beautiful on Vita, but I don't think it'll looks as good as they do on PS3.

i dont know if you've played escha & logy but you can tell that character animation and lighting in general has improved as it's the first game where Gust used the Dinasty Warriors engine, another perk from being part of Tecmo Koei now i guess.

sure there'll be some minor downgrade visually from ps3 to vita but the main point is that the improvements are more than what you might detect in still screens

Football Manager Classic 2015 "not looking likely" to come to Vita.

Kresnik said:
DemoniOtaku said:

Escha and Logy plus looks a lot better than previous atelier games for Vita...

nanzano said:

Yeah it definitly looks better than the other PSvita's Atelier games

That's because they're PS3 screenshots.  Check the L1/R1 in the battle screenshot.

lol sadly true, still have hope that it will looks somewhere near this though.

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

nanzano said:
Kresnik said:
DemoniOtaku said:

Escha and Logy plus looks a lot better than previous atelier games for Vita...

nanzano said:

Yeah it definitly looks better than the other PSvita's Atelier games

That's because they're PS3 screenshots.  Check the L1/R1 in the battle screenshot.

lol sadly true, still have hope that it will looks somewhere near this though.

I'll just stay this to let all you guys know. Apart from different resolution Vita and PS3 versions look pretty much the same for every Atelier, so it shouldn't be any different with this one.

Dear Vitans,

Any Dynasty Warriors fans here? I need to ask something.....

So recently i bought DW: Next from the nearest shop with 50% discount (what a bargain!) and at the same time i saw DW8: Xtreme Legends at the showcase. I asked the owner what's the diffrence between these 2? Well he doesn't know much because he's not a fan of the series.....cute.

Even Google is not giving me the right answer so i need to know from you guys here. Should i consider getting DW8 XL too? If yes, then why?