By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
SnakeDrake said:
outlawauron said:

I think it's going to flop if Xillia sales are any indication.

Well it made bamco happy enough to release the other tales game for the ps3 and wasn't grace f they're sales test!!

Xillia 2 was already announced before Xillia hit. Zestria was already announced before Xillia 2 launched (which is what really did badly).

We may get the first PS4 Tales because it's on a new console, so have to hope it does decently.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
I thought Xillia did well? It was Xillia 2 that flopped, if anything.

Xillia did ok. I was hoping for more since it was a full fledged release with advertising. At least it launched better than Graces. Xillia 2 however sold worse than Graces, Abyss, and even Legendia.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yes, and this enforces my theory that if title X (or I should say Xillia?) sells some amount of copies, there's no marketing formula.
A second episode (or any game) salsefigures will be totally unrelated to the first.
There are no concepts like "The Xillia audience" or "The people interested in Xillia games".

That's why it's crazy for software houses to say "We will make game Y if X, wich is similar, sells" and for gamers to act accordingly.

In any case, speaking of Tales of Xillia in particular, I think that Bandai Namco is a mediocre software house and that Tales of Xillia was a mediocre J-RPG without any trace of originality or creativity.
It sold because of advertisment and the perceived novelty if it, which didn't work for the following episode (another mediocre and "very average" J-RPG).

I very well hope that zestiria and hearts R prove you wrong then. Not that sales are any indicator of quality to begin with. Fans of tales games will probably remain fans for a long time yet.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
I thought Xillia did well? It was Xillia 2 that flopped, if anything.

It's kinda disheartening considering the improvements the 2nd game had over the first one.

DanganRonpa 2 spoilers:

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=12734&start=1890#p823478

This post made me laugh a lot :P

lehamsy said:
DemoniOtaku said:
lehamsy said:
DemoniOtaku said:
Guys! There's too much NoGamez No-Realeasing Never-ever on Vita and my Wallet can't follow -.- Vita is gonna get me b roke for the end of next year... easily PS4 can wait a couple of years more with my Vita and some PS3 games that I have left to play...

Yup, I can't decide which no gamez I'm going to buy yet. I guess I'll have to wait until some reviews to decide. Invizimals: The Alliance, Freedom Wars, Tales of Hearts: R... it's too much.

You forgot Oreshika -.-

Holy shit, you're right! But it's not my fault that I forgot that Oreshika is supposed to be released this year. Sony do a terrible job at advertising Vita and its games.  And I just remembered that I also have SAO: Hollow Fragment and Helldivers in my "to buy list." 

All those plus a bunch more that released this year... Deception IV, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Ragnarok oddissey Ace, Neptunia Rebirth, One Piece Unlimited Red, Neptunia PP, plus all the incoming games like Senran kagura, Tales of Heart R, oreshika, Freedom wars... DAMN!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Strider 2 releasing on US PSN next week.

Capcom... doing some good work recently. Or at least their US branch.

Update 3.30 already UP right now... Downloading...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread