By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

I'm very happy about Freedom Wars sales, they are pretty good. Hopefully it will also have some nice legs :)

Around the Network

So the sales are really good. That's good to hear. Wonder if it manages to sell 1+ mil.

Vita really has such a potential, why does Sony work so hard to kill it in the West is beyond me

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

02. [PSV] Freedom Wars (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2014.06.26} - 187.890 / NEW

:O
OMG! That's incredible! Good news for Vita! I hope the game will sell a lot!

Too bad Soul Sacrifice can't sell that much due to its atmosphere. Anyway, Vita has become the ultimate RPG/Hunting game system: Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, God Eater, Freedom Wars, Ragnarok Odyssey.

lehamsy said:

02. [PSV] Freedom Wars (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2014.06.26} - 187.890 / NEW

Too bad Soul Sacrifice can't sell that much due to its atmosphere. Anyway, Vita has become the ultimate RPG/Hunting game system: Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, God Eater, Freedom Wars, Ragnarok Odyssey.

Sadly neither one is true. There isn't a single wRPG game, not that many top quality jRPGs - not a single Dragon Quest (not even a bloody remake of VIII), not a single new FF (and not even PSP games on the PSN), not even a Persona 3 Golden version (why Atlus!?), not a single RPG from Sony... So much missing.

When it comes to hunting games, everything would be perfect, if it had this one lil franchise... You know, the one which last instalment outsold all Vita hunting games combined... Without it, it's not the ultimate system.

Still, gj FW. I'm not hyped about it at all, but I'd love it to sell 1+ mil.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Scisca said:
lehamsy said:

Sadly neither one is true. There isn't a single wRPG game, not that many top quality jRPGs - not a single Dragon Quest (not even a bloody remake of VIII), not a single new FF (and not even PSP games on the PSN), not even a Persona 3 Golden version (why Atlus!?), not a single RPG from Sony... So much missing.

When it comes to hunting games, everything would be perfect, if it had this one lil franchise... You know, the one which last instalment outsold all Vita hunting games combined... Without it, it's not the ultimate system.

Well, I should've said "RPG-Hunting games" instead of RPG/Hunting games, my mistake.

Also, Vita will get a Monster Hunter game in Japan this year, but to be honest I don't care too much about MH. It's a nice franchise, but I don't like its gameplay too much  (I didn't like Toukiden neither).  I prefer Soul Sacrifice in terms of gameplay.   

Around the Network

Sony can’t keep up with demand for the Vita in North America

Today in headlines we’re surprised but pleased to be writing, the Vita is in such high demand at the moment that Sony’s having trouble keeping enough stock on hand.

The Vita is notable absent from store shelves and online sellers in North America, according to Polygon – especially the Borderlands 2 bundle, which only released in May.

A Sony spokesperson said the problem is increased demand, not diminished supply.

“We’re seeing healthy consumer demand for PS Vita globally, particularly in markets like Japan,” the representative said.

“The U.S. launch of the slimmer and lighter PS Vita has generated strong interest among gamers, and we’re working to replenish supply here to ensure continued momentum leading into the holidays.”

Well. Good problems, eh? Here’s hoping Sony can get its act together and launch the promised PS4 and Vita bundle; Remote Play really has a chance to turn the handheld’s fortunes around for good.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/02/vita-stock-shortage-north-america/

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/2/5865051/ps-vita-supply-out-of-stock-demand

lehamsy said:
Scisca said:
lehamsy said:

Well, I should've said "RPG-Hunting games" instead of RPG/Hunting games, my mistake.

Also, Vita will get a Monster Hunter game in Japan this year, but to be honest I don't care too much about MH. It's a nice franchise, but I don't like its gameplay too much  (I didn't like Toukiden neither).  I prefer Soul Sacrifice in terms of gameplay.   

It will get the shitty MH, which doesn't really change much. It's either MH4G/5 or don't bother. It doesn't matter how we feel about it (I haven't even played MH and I sure as hell am not a fan of the genre, that's why I don't really care about FW), the thing that matters is that it's a Japanese GTA, it's more important than the rest of the genre combined. As long as it's not on Vita, it's not the ultimate hunting game platform. Sony messed up so fucking much letting it slip to 3DS... God, it's really unbelievable how much they fucked up with Vita.

NesFe said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Been reading some Freedom Wars import impressions and the game sounds all kinds of awesome.

Yeah, people seem to enjoy the game and it does seem like it has a good variety of missions. The only thing that might effect its sales legs is the difficulty spike towards the end of the game. There was even an article somewhere on japanese sites where people are tweeting SCEJ about the game difficulty. Makes you wonder whats happening in the last chapter ^^

GIT GUD OR GIT REKT

loljk

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/30/new-freedom-wars-trailer-offers-story-details/
So apparently, Freedom Wars will be digital only in Europe (it's in the replies to the first comment). To be quite frank, for one of the biggest first party endeavours on the system, that's pathetic. Especially considering Vita sold better in Europe than the US (and you guys get more physical games even without Sony adding to the mix).
It also means that all my interest in the game has vanished. I'm not to big on Monster Hunter-type games anyway, and I don't feel like going out of my way to import a game I MIGHT enjoy. Whatever.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

domflo said:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/30/new-freedom-wars-trailer-offers-story-details/
So apparently, Freedom Wars will be digital only in Europe (it's in the replies to the first comment). To be quite frank, for one of the biggest first party endeavours on the system, that's pathetic. Especially considering Vita sold better in Europe than the US (and you guys get more physical games even without Sony adding to the mix).
It also means that all my interest in the game has vanished. I'm not to big on Monster Hunter-type games anyway, and I don't feel like going out of my way to import a game I MIGHT enjoy. Whatever.

That's really annoying if it's digital only -.- c'mon SONY!!