By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Burek said:
Started Monpiece last night, but i was very sleepy. I really couldn't concentrate much, fiddled around for 15 minutes before I decided to give it up as I couldn't process any information at all.
I wake up this morning, turn on my Vita, and see a notification that I've unlocked 6 !!! trophies in it.
(My trophy notifications are off, as I don't care or look into those ever).
So, I guess, if nothing, an easy game for trophy hunters...

Also, Metacritic has so far only two reviews, both are 7/10. Which in itself is a very good score. But, just from the blurbs, it seems that this game deserves a much better score, only the reviewers were too embarrassed to give it, because they think a higher score would mean they are perverts:

Gamestyle
May 27, 2014
A higher score if we didn't feel a sense of shame rubbing half naked girls to level up.

Hardcore Gamer Magazine
May 27, 2014
Regardless, if you can get past the inherent creepiness that permeates Monster Monpiece on a number of levels, then there’s no denying that this is an intelligent, fulfilling card game.

Yay PC-ness!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I'm going to japan in 2weeks and plan on picking up a game or two while i' there and since you people are experts on vita games i thought i'd ask for advice.

I know basic japanese and about 500 kanjis, i don't mind haveing to look up sone stuff but furigana would be nice. Anyone got some recomendations?

i was thinking about GodEater 2 or a Legend of heroes, but thats because that's about all the games i know of that haven't come or are comming west, and i don't know how textheavy they are and how difficult their japanese is.
Also i havent played any other games in those series, would it even make sense if i didn't start with te first game?

Burek said:

It seems that Plants vs. Zombies is coming to Playstation. putting it here, because I really hope it's a Vita game...

Lol :(

huiii said:
i was thinking about GodEater 2 or a Legend of heroes, but thats because that's about all the games i know of that haven't come or are comming west, and i don't know how textheavy they are and how difficult their japanese is.
Also i havent played any other games in those series, would it even make sense if i didn't start with te first game?

Well prepare for long post lol.

Legend of Heroes games are very text heavy. That being said, Zero no kiseki evolution is fully voiced for the main story, so if you understand spoken japanese, you should be able to understand the story and play it easily for the most part (just look up info on quartz to set up spells nicelly). There are some investigation quests, where you need to search the city and talk to some people, so that would need some understanding of japanese text. Sen no kiseki on the other hand is much easier to play, the game is not as fully voiced as Zero, but every quest is now marked on the map, so you'll know where to go and who to talk to easily. Zero is the first entry in the second dualogy(Zero/Ao), you can start with that game, but the game does have some references to the first trilogy Sora (some characters will appear, heroes/villians, some stuff referenced), though honestly speaking you can fully enjoy zero without having played the sora trilogy since the game is set in a new city Crossbell and has new main characters etc.. Think of the games as one big world and each set of  games take place in a new city, but is effected by the events that occured in other cities/games. One more thing, although Sen is the latest entry in the series, it runs in parallel(timeline wise) to Zero/Ao but from a different city(empire)/characters prespective and proceeds to move the story forward , so you can actually start with Sen too. I personally recommend starting with Zero because Sen moves the story forward and if you enjoyed Zero, Ao is releasing in 2 weeks so you can play Zero-> Ao-> Sen. Oh, and Sora first entry in the first trilogy was released in english, and the second game is planned for release.

God eater 2 is a hunting game with a story, like Soul Sacrifice/Toukiden. The story stars new characters in a new base(though old characters will appear too). I think this sort of game is easy to play with little japanese info because of its nature.

Both games don't use furigana, hope that helps ^^

NesFe said:
huiii said:

Well prepare for long post lol.

*snip*

Both games don't use furigana, hope that helps ^^

Thanks, yes that helped (at least some) now i know what to expect but i don't know which to pick. I suck at making decicions. If i can find them for ceap i'll probably pick up both GE2 and a LoH game. That will give me enough material to practise my japanese when i get back home.

Do you have other games you could suggest?

As for furiganas, i didn't really expect them to have them, but i'm lazy and that would have cut down on stuff i'd have to look up.

Around the Network
huiii said:

Thanks, yes that helped (at least some) now i know what to expect but i don't know which to pick. I suck at making decicions. If i can find them for ceap i'll probably pick up both GE2 and a LoH game. That will give me enough material to practise my japanese when i get back home.

As for furiganas, i didn't really expect them to have them, but i'm lazy and that would have cut down on stuff i'd have to look up.

how about tales of innocence R? it might never get localized so you'd have a gem right there

rutea7 said:
huiii said:

how about tales of innocence R? it might never get localized so you'd have a gem right there

I thought about that as well, but i've never played a tales game and i thought i'd start with the one that get's localised (trying to support vita support in the west) and if i like it i might get Innocence.

But who knows once i'm there i might end up dumping all my luggage and pack my bag full of games before i fly back :P.

Plus if Hearts actually does well (big if) we might end up getting innocence.

huiii said:

Well, almost all other vita titles are getting localized (Senran Kagura, Tales of Hearts, Akibas trip, Natural Doctrine,  Dangan Ronpa 2, One piece, SAO, Oreshika, Freedom wars etc...) so like rutea7 said there is Tales of innocence R and not much else that isn't getting localized (God Eater 2, Phantasy star, Legend of heroes)

NesFe said:
huiii said:

Well, almost all other vita titles are getting localized (Senran Kagura, Tales of Hearts, Akibas trip, Natural Doctrine,  Dangan Ronpa 2, One piece, SAO, Oreshika, Freedom wars etc...) so like rutea7 said there is Tales of innocence R and not much else that isn't getting localized (God Eater 2, Phantasy star, Legend of heroes)

Well i guess GE and LoH it is.

Thanks for the advice.

NesFe said:

and not much else that isn't getting localized (God Eater 2, Phantasy star, Legend of heroes)

Exactly the three that I asked in the Shahid #vitajrpg campaign!...

Next time I better be quiet and don't tweet nothing.