By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Has any of you fine folks ever played Wipeout 2048 ?

I´m in love with HD Fury on the PS3 right now, is the Vita game any good ?

(I need to take a break from those visual novels, Dual Destinies was one long ass game <.< )

Around the Network
orniletter said:

(I need to take a break from those visual novels, Dual Destinies was one long ass game <.< )

It's actually better than any good, it's awesome.

But i'll wait for Kresnik to tell you more about it since he's our resident Wipeout expert/fan. Also there is a demo i think.

huiii said:
orniletter said:

It's actually better than any good, it's awesome.

But i'll wait for Kresnik to tell you more about it since he's our resident Wipeout expert/fan. Also there is a demo i think.

Sounds great ! Good to know that Studio Liverpool went out with a bang.

*twiddles thumbs while waiting for Kresnik*

orniletter said:

AMG!  I'm up.

First, let me get it out of the way: On the whole, 2048 isn't as good as HD Fury.  However, it's still a bloody fantastic game and I wholeheartedly recommend you pick it up.

Reasons why it's worse:

- 30 FPS rather than 60 FPS.  It's not a massive dealbreaker, but it shows.

- No racebox.  Meaning you either play the campaign or online, you can't just do random races when you want.

However, everything else about it is fantastic.  Visuals are bloody gorgeous (I'm sure you've probably seen that by now).  There's tonnes of content for it - and you can download the whole of the HD Fury campaign to play on Vita, which is great.  It's got most of the modes in - my favourite (zones) makes a return; elimination races are back; time attack & speed lap are there and of course there's normal races.

Difficulty wise, I'd say it's slightly easier than HD Fury, but then the A+ challenges are easily as difficult as any phantom class races in HD Fury.

One thing I would note is that the design has changed every so slightly.  You're now made to think more tactically about weapons because you can either pick up defensive (i.e. shield; mines; leech beam) weapons or offensive (i.e. missile; rockets; quake) weapons.  And to accomodate this, the tracks are a bit wider than they were in HD Fury to accomodate more weapons play.

I would also add that the online campaign is an improvement over online play in HD Fury.  You basically have to go through a single-player esque campaign filling in nodes and doing objectives to complete it.  It's actually a fantastic way to incentivize you to play online as you're always progressing towards a goal.  I still return to the online pretty regularly on Vita.

But yeah.  Cannot recommend it enough, definitely one of my favourite games on Vita.  From one of my favourite videogame franchises.  From one of my favourite videogame developers.  Now you've made me sad.  RIP :'(

Kresnik said:
orniletter said:

AMG!  I'm up.

First, let me get it out of the way: On the whole, 2048 isn't as good as HD Fury.  However, it's still a bloody fantastic game and I wholeheartedly recommend you pick it up.

Reasons why it's worse:

- 30 FPS rather than 60 FPS.  It's not a massive dealbreaker, but it shows.

- No racebox.  Meaning you either play the campaign or online, you can't just do random races when you want.

However, everything else about it is fantastic.  Visuals are bloody gorgeous (I'm sure you've probably seen that by now).  There's tonnes of content for it - and you can download the whole of the HD Fury campaign to play on Vita, which is great.  It's got most of the modes in - my favourite (zones) makes a return; elimination races are back; time attack & speed lap are there and of course there's normal races.

Difficulty wise, I'd say it's slightly easier than HD Fury, but then the A+ challenges are easily as difficult as any phantom class races in HD Fury.

One thing I would note is that the design has changed every so slightly.  You're now made to think more tactically about weapons because you can either pick up defensive (i.e. shield; mines; leech beam) weapons or offensive (i.e. missile; rockets; quake) weapons.  And to accomodate this, the tracks are a bit wider than they were in HD Fury to accomodate more weapons play.

I would also add that the online campaign is an improvement over online play in HD Fury.  You basically have to go through a single-player esque campaign filling in nodes and doing objectives to complete it.  It's actually a fantastic way to incentivize you to play online as you're always progressing towards a goal.  I still return to the online pretty regularly on Vita.

But yeah.  Cannot recommend it enough, definitely one of my favourite games on Vita.  From one of my favourite videogame franchises.  From one of my favourite videogame developers.  Now you've made me sad.  RIP :'(

Thanks for the very elaborate answer. (And yes, I played the demo a bit, but it was too short to form my opinion....but it does look fantastic, especially in screenshots)

I´m far too unfamiliar with the series to know all the nuances, so it is good to hear impressions from someone who knows the ins and outs !

....oh well, the staff that was let go reformed as a new studio ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firesprite) so the dream is not dead !

Edit: Forgot to mention that you sold me on the game. You have probably done more to promote the game than the entirety of Sony D: !

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

I don't have a PS3.

Better late than never. :)

Besides Valkyria Chronicles is worth it!

orniletter said:

Thanks for the very elaborate answer. (And yes, I played the demo a bit, but it was too short to form my opinion....but it does look fantastic, especially in screenshots)

I´m far too unfamiliar with the series to know all the nuances, so it is good to hear impressions from someone who knows the ins and outs !

....oh well, the staff that was let go reformed as a new studio ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firesprite) so the dream is not dead !

Edit: Forgot to mention that you sold me on the game. You have probably done more to promote the game than the entirety of Sony D: !

WE ALL IN THIS CULT HAVE DONE MORE TO PROMOTE VITA THAN SONY!! Specially SCEA...

BTW... Wipeout 2048 is great... I loved, I coudn't get hooked on HD/Fury... butthis was the first game on vita to ran out the battery :) I played often till late nigth... and when waken up a little bit, and  bafore sleep a little bit thatended being one full hour at least... Really liked it so much.. Since was gifted in PLUS  I sold my physical copy so one more people could understand it's awesomeness... :) But I don't play often anymore.. kinda want to to play it again.. but some unfinished games on myb memory card :/ I need a 32gb MC nNOW!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

RafaelOrix said:

New Natural Doctrine video?

Coming April 3rd (Japan).

Holy Sh*t, that looks pretty impresive. If only it was Vita exclusive... :/

Finally a Japanese release date for Freedom Wars: June 26. The western release is also June 26, 2016.

badgenome said:

Finally a Japanese release date for Freedom Wars: June 26. The western release is also June 26, 2016.

2016.... What an awful thing to do, I was excited for a second :(

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_;