By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
forevercloud3000 said:
Also, would someone please explain to me how Zero Escape:VLR is still full price????? The game is over a year old now and everything else, that has sold much better, has adjusted to fit the demand. I want to pick it up, just not going to spend $40 on 1st Person Geometric point and click adventure game.

Well, for one thing it's not over a year old.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Also, would someone please explain to me how Zero Escape:VLR is still full price????? The game is over a year old now and everything else, that has sold much better, has adjusted to fit the demand. I want to pick it up, just not going to spend $40 on 1st Person Geometric point and click adventure game.

Well, for one thing it's not over a year old.

and it's the type of niche game that will not drop in price quickly.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

KylieDog said:
Most Vita games don't seem to drop in price, not like console games. Really annoying, especially for UK where Vita games much higher priced than US compared to console game prices when compared.

I did notice that, BUT its still better than the 3DS. Especially Nintendo games never seem to drop in price and 3rd party ones take ages.

KylieDog said:
Most Vita games don't seem to drop in price, not like console games. Really annoying, especially for UK where Vita games much higher priced than US compared to console game prices when compared.

I find it hard to believe when I see Mike posting all of the great deals he gets....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

What games are you after KylieDog? Persona 4, Call of Duty and Soul Sacrifice are currently the only 2 that are £30+ oh and Legends of War but it only came out a few weeks ago. Pretty much everything else is under £20 (£15.85 is the average price for a Vita game on ShopTo) bar the odd exception.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Uncharted was £45 on release and Assassin's Creed £40 so they have actually dropped by half or more since release. I get what you mean, but Vita games don't sell anywhere near the volumes of the home console blockbusters so stores don't have anywhere near as much "overstock".

For the most part I've been able to find any Vita game I've wanted below £20 within a couple of months if I've not felt it's warranted full price with the exception of Call of Duty. However most places that do reduce them tend to then sell out so they don't stay low very long. I got Silent Hill a few weeks after release for £18.85. Amazon's Vita prices are a bit of a scam right now mind. Basically it looks like Amazon are only getting a few copies in, selling out fairly fast then it's just other vendors wanting above RRP for them meaning stuff like Gravity Rush is frequently £40-45 when it's £15.85 at Shopto.

Btw, Silent Hill is £19.85 on backorder at Shopto right now. Last game I ordered from them on Backorder was Unit 13 which shipped a few days later. So it's not like most places where back order usually turns into an order cancellation notice. They're expecting their next batch of them tomorrow.

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/psvita/PSPVSI00-silent-hill-book-of-memories-ps-vita

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps-vita/vt16-uncharted-golden-abyss - Uncharted for £19.99 or £16.49 pre owned.

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps-vita/vt56-assassins-creed-iii-liberation - Assassin's Creed £19.99 or £16.49 pre owned.

In addition to the previous listed NA ps+ content :BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND,Pinball Arcade and Knytt Underground. Germinator will also be free for PS+ in May,

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/06/playstation-plus-sleeping-dogs-joins-the-instant-game-collection/

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

I'm with Mike. Not sure what the problem is with vita prices.

I've bought:
1. Soul Sacrifice on launch day £30

2. Rayman for £15 (with as bundle) - launch

3. Reality Fighters £15 (close to launch)

4 Dynasty Warriors £20 close to launch

5 Blazblue for 15 6 months ago

6 Touch my Katamasri £20 (6 months ago)

7 Virtua Tennis £6 (a month ago).

I think if you wait for a bit, you can find anything quite cheap. Try shopto and gamecrawler.co.uk

I kind of understand where KylieDog is coming from. Gravity Rush, Uncharted & Unit 13 have (generally) been a bitch to find at a good price until recently. At least, for a new copy, they were all pushing upwards of £30.

Shopto has Gravity Rush & Unit 13 for ~ £15 now which is progress.

Black Ops Declassified & Liberation are still pushing too-high-for-how-old-they are prices, though.  Might be a bit of a longer wait until we see them for an acceptable price.

£19.99 for Liberation isn't bad at all if you ask me. It's in line with how much Assassin's Creed 3 is most places. But I'm old skool, I remember when games were still £39.99 several years after release in the NES/SNES days.

Call of Duty however has been really stubborn with it's price, but Resistance held out at £40 for a good while after release too. So I guess it's no real surprise. Call of Duty has held it's price on PS3/360 too though so I guess it's par for the course.