By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
RafaelOrix said:
Hopefully it will happen, Mike.

I agree with Kresnik, first party Sony effort has been great in terms of quality (quantity is another story) and I would love to see more of it. For example: Siren from Japan Studios and inFamous from SuckerPunch would make me very happy, while they also announce new PS Vita exclusive IPs from Sony Bend and SSM.

You're right, Sony Bend still have nothing announced. This adds more fuel to the "relaunch" theory. Ubi said they couldn't announce their Vita stuff, even though they've already announced their PS3/4 content for Winter. It all points towards a relaunch. Possibly with a new model of Vita.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
RafaelOrix said:
Hopefully it will happen, Mike.

I agree with Kresnik, first party Sony effort has been great in terms of quality (quantity is another story) and I would love to see more of it. For example: Siren from Japan Studios and inFamous from SuckerPunch would make me very happy, while they also announce new PS Vita exclusive IPs from Sony Bend and SSM.

You're right, Sony Bend still have nothing announced. This adds more fuel to the "relaunch" theory. Ubi said they couldn't announce their Vita stuff, even though they've already announced their PS3/4 content for Winter. It all points towards a relaunch. Possibly with a new model of Vita.

A new model is quite possible: just add some internal memory and HD camera, do some minor tweeks in term of appearence and release new colours. Special editon bundles would be nice too, like that japanese SS bundle.

I would like to see a relaunch, that's for sure. Hopefully Sony still see PS Vita as a viable platform on west.

MikeRox said:

To be fair, Bend are a ~ 40 man team and they finished their last game in December 2011.  I wouldn't be surprised if we saw whatever they were working on in 2014, not this year (they also did a bit of work on Fight for Fortune last year).

I think we'll see whatever they're working on (which will be Uncharted Golden Abyss 2 or POSSIBLY The Last of Us Vita) and Gravity Rush 2 from Project Siren at E3/Gamescom.  But the games won't release until next year.

Which is why I'm wondering what - if anything - else Sony have planned for this year.  I reckon they may have contracted some studios to work on one of their IP's like Ready at Dawn were on PSP.

It's a shame that Zipper & Studio Liverpool aren't still around, because they could potentially be plugging the gap this year too.

Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:

To be fair, Bend are a ~ 40 man team and they finished their last game in December 2011.  I wouldn't be surprised if we saw whatever they were working on in 2014, not this year (they also did a bit of work on Fight for Fortune last year).

I think we'll see whatever they're working on (which will be Uncharted Golden Abyss 2 or POSSIBLY The Last of Us Vita) and Gravity Rush 2 from Project Siren at E3/Gamescom.  But the games won't release until next year.

Which is why I'm wondering what - if anything - else Sony have planned for this year.  I reckon they may have contracted some studios to work on one of their IP's like Ready at Dawn were on PSP.

It's a shame that Zipper & Studio Liverpool aren't still around, because they could potentially be plugging the gap this year too.

Vita have a great lineup for the rest of the year.. from june till october... and possiblelly two more ubisoft titles, the rumored Rayman Legends port and the rumored AC Rising Pheonix... Liberation was leaked and announced arround E3 last year... and together woth that was leaked thet the next rayman would come to PSVita...

so meanwhile I don't have a problem with Vita releases on the west... the only problem is how I'm gonna get the money... because there's Muramasa (i didn't play the Wii Version and here will look a lot better), Dragon's Crown, Ys Celceta Sea of tree, Killzone Mercenary, tearway, ... plus other potentially good games like LEGGO Legends of China, Valhalla knigths 3, ragnarok Ace Oddissey....

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

DemoniOtaku said:

Vita have a great lineup for the rest of the year.. from june till october... and possiblelly two more ubisoft titles, the rumored Rayman Legends port and the rumored AC Rising Pheonix... Liberation was leaked and announced arround E3 last year... and together woth that was leaked thet the next rayman would come to PSVita...

so meanwhile I don't have a problem with Vita releases on the west... the only problem is how I'm gonna get the money... because there's Muramasa (i didn't play the Wii Version and here will look a lot better), Dragon's Crown, Ys Celceta Sea of tree, Killzone Mercenary, tearway, ... plus other potentially good games like LEGGO Legends of China, Valhalla knigths 3, ragnarok Ace Oddissey....

Well... I dunno.  I'd say it has a "decent" lineup for the rest of the year but it's very, very niche aside from Killzone, Batman and Final Fantasy.

I mean, personally I'm happy.  I'll be buying Tearaway; Muramasa & Ys, plus a few of the indie games that are coming.

But this year has been nothing on last year so far.  We've had Soul Sacrifice & Dead or Alive, but last year we had Disgaea; Gravity Rush; Metal Gear Solid; Mortal Kombat & Resistance throughout the summer, so I'm expecting more from the second half the year to make up for what we lacked.

Some of the titles 'match' stuff from last year in a way (Ragnarok -> Ys; Persona -> Final Fantasy; LittleBigPlanet -> Tearaway; Assassin's Creed -> Batman; Killzone -> Call of Duty), but I still think there's going to be more announcements.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much.  I'm personally happy with most of the stuff we're getting but the average gamer who Sony need to start getting on board ASAP isn't really going to be drawn in with what's coming.

Around the Network

I think that this year's line-up is actually better than last years. It features more original IP's, and seems to be more "family" friendly. Last year's good games were mostly ports. This year's SONY's 1st party games also IMO seem to be of higher quality.

I hope Sony could just money hat some game to be on the vita. Since you know big Japan devs are all waitting for the system to pick up ironically all they need to do is release some of their big titles. Anyways I hope Sony are helpping Gearbox with bring Borderlands to the vita, but watching those guys very carefully and making sure they dont spend Sony's money on some other project.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Kresnik said:
DemoniOtaku said:

Well... I dunno.  I'd say it has a "decent" lineup for the rest of the year but it's very, very niche aside from Killzone, Batman and Final Fantasy.

I mean, personally I'm happy.  I'll be buying Tearaway; Muramasa & Ys, plus a few of the indie games that are coming.

But this year has been nothing on last year so far.  We've had Soul Sacrifice & Dead or Alive, but last year we had Disgaea; Gravity Rush; Metal Gear Solid; Mortal Kombat & Resistance throughout the summer, so I'm expecting more from the second half the year to make up for what we lacked.

Some of the titles 'match' stuff from last year in a way (Ragnarok -> Ys; Persona -> Final Fantasy; LittleBigPlanet -> Tearaway; Assassin's Creed -> Batman; Killzone -> Call of Duty), but I still think there's going to be more announcements.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much.  I'm personally happy with most of the stuff we're getting but the average gamer who Sony need to start getting on board ASAP isn't really going to be drawn in with what's coming.

OH! I forgot about that batman and the remake of FFX... :D 

Yeah, there will be announcements.. but for the next year, if things go good.. there shuld be a lot of vita titles announced this year... if not.. we'll see the same niche  games.. I think this E3 is crucial for the future of the handheld... if it wil become a very sussceful handheld or is gonna remain as a niche market for some titles..

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

I have been saying it for a while now, Vita HAS GAMES! Loads of them and I would be inclined to say more than 3DS has coming this year. Non of them have the recognition of Pokemon/Mario but this doesn't make them lesser. Sony HAS gotten many devs to release their games on it. We have Vita exclusives, Cross Play titles, Indie games, New IPs, Well known IPs, etc. What people keep yelling at Sony about I just don't understand.

Do we all want more games? Yes, but I wish ppl would stop acting as if everytime there is a 2wk dry spell of no releases, it turns to "SONY NOT BRING NO GAEMZ!".

Just like last year, I made a thread about how the Vita gets punished due to the mindshare of Nintendo's phantom line up. Everyone is SAYING 3DS has more good games, but it really has far less or equal to Vita. I would really like someone to tell me What are the biggest/best titles coming from 3DS (based on good review quality and not nostalgia) that totally outstrips what Vita is offering this year...

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Also, would someone please explain to me how Zero Escape:VLR is still full price????? The game is over a year old now and everything else, that has sold much better, has adjusted to fit the demand. I want to pick it up, just not going to spend $40 on 1st Person Geometric point and click adventure game.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)