By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
small44 said:
huiii said:
small44 said:
huiii said:

small44 said:

Because sony know that a pokemon like game or Animal Crossing will fail hardly.

Why?

While i can honestly say i have no clue what AC is, pokemon i basicly a turn based RPG and i don't see why that would fail hard... In fact i think they'd do well to add a JRPG as well as a WRPG to their firts party offerings... especially instead of makeing another shooter.

Just because Sony is not Nintendo,they had different audience

So turn based rpgs don't sell on playstation? I never knew... 

I don't talk about rpg i talk about games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

ok then explain to me what kind of game pokemon is if its not an rpg.

As for AC i know nothing about the game so you might be right there.

Around the Network
huiii said:

I don't like either Pokemon or Animal Crossing, and the reason why I bought Vita is because games like that aren't on it. Could PSV benefit from "cheap" clones of those games? I don't know... Would you buy a new system to play a clone of popular franchise on it?

I'm extremely happy with Vita, it's my favorite console ever. But I do still think that Vita needs to find it's own identity. 

On memory issues... I agree with everything that was written above, and SONY should seriously consider dropping 4GB and 8GB models all together. They are pointless. In a year that i own Vita, I've spent more money on PSN than I've spent in 6 years that I own PS3. Now imagine how much more money would I spend, if only I would have more memory than 16GB to store my downloads. 64GB Micro SD Cards go for 50-60$.  SONY should seriously adjust their memory card prices with prices of Micro SD cards. Since already Vita digital software is outselling PS3's imagine what extended capacity would do to those sales. 

huiii said:
small44 said:
huiii said:
small44 said:
huiii said:

small44 said:

Because sony know that a pokemon like game or Animal Crossing will fail hardly.

Why?

While i can honestly say i have no clue what AC is, pokemon i basicly a turn based RPG and i don't see why that would fail hard... In fact i think they'd do well to add a JRPG as well as a WRPG to their firts party offerings... especially instead of makeing another shooter.

Just because Sony is not Nintendo,they had different audience

RPG like any other genre had some games witch sell well and some not,i didn't say any rpg won't sell well in playstation i just think a pokemon like game in Playstation won't sold well. 

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Tom3k said:
huiii said:

I don't like either Pokemon or Animal Crossing, and the reason why I bought Vita is because games like that aren't on it. Could PSV benefit from "cheap" clones of those games? I don't know... Would you buy a new system to play a clone of popular franchise on it?

I'm extremely happy with Vita, it's my favorite console ever. But I do still think that Vita needs to find it's own identity. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Sony should clone AC or Pokemon. If i wanted to play them i'd get a 3ds, and me not even knowing what AC is about shows how much interest i have in them. 

I'm just arguing that they wouldn't necessarily "flop hard" on a Sony system. And i don't see much difference betwen a breath of fire, FF or a pokemon. At the core all of them are a turn based rpg and i don't get why Sony wouldn't be able to create a compelling jrpg with mass apeal... It would certainly help their standing in japan.

small44 said:
huiii said:
small44 said:
huiii said:

RPG like any other genre had some games witch sell well and some not,i didn't say any rpg won't sell well in playstation i just think a pokemon like game in Playstation won't sold well. 

Well i only played the Gameboy pokemon so i can't say how they are now but as i said in my post above i really don't see much difference betwen pokemon, FF and breath of fire in their core mecanics... Well maby pokemon has a collectors element to it and story and atmosphere are different but that's about it. So for me pokemon = your standart jrpg.
So i don't see a reason why it wouldn't sell on vita but you might have a different opinnion and thats fine.

Around the Network

Holy shit, the A+ challenges on WipEout 2048 are insanely hard.

I managed to scrape a pass on Rockway Stadium by choosing the Auricom prototype ship, which goes faster the more speed pads you hit, but it took an almost perfect race for 10 laps. To get 3rd.

That trophy will be mine...

M.U.G.E.N said:
Finished Rocketbirds..simple and fun game :D Liked it a lot. Hope they do a sequel

Go into Extras in the Menu to find out :D.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Nicalis is asking if you want Cave Story guy's new game on Vita:

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

M.U.G.E.N said:
Finished Rocketbirds..simple and fun game :D Liked it a lot. Hope they do a sequel

They announced a sequel.. for this year.. for Vita and PS3 at the same time!

Tom3k said:

huiii said:

On memory issues... I agree with everything that was written above, and SONY should seriously consider dropping 4GB and 8GB models all together. They are pointless. In a year that i own Vita, I've spent more money on PSN than I've spent in 6 years that I own PS3. Now imagine how much more money would I spend, if only I would have more memory than 16GB to store my downloads. 64GB Micro SD Cards go for 50-60$.  SONY should seriously adjust their memory card prices with prices of Micro SD cards. Since already Vita digital software is outselling PS3's imagine what extended capacity would do to those sales. 

I'm the same here.. and I plan to get a lot more, specially PSP games that IU haven't play.. I own a PSP and I could pirte that thing but the games by far looks better and play better on PSVita...  Crinsom gem Saga looks so colorful comapred with the game on a PSP fat screen...

And I was actually waiting for a Memory Card price drop rather than on the console's price...

but SONY rigth now need to price drop the console on the west too.. that could create a great momentum for the sales... that rigth now are very low even on EWurope.. probably people are waiting for the announcement after japan...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Kresnik said:
Holy shit, the A+ challenges on WipEout 2048 are insanely hard.

I managed to scrape a pass on Rockway Stadium by choosing the Auricom prototype ship, which goes faster the more speed pads you hit, but it took an almost perfect race for 10 laps. To get 3rd.

That trophy will be mine...

Playing on that track made me learn to turn on that game.. once i knew how to do it properly the rest of the  tarcks were easy pie! The game is really REAAAAALLY challenging.. but at the same time very rewarding and fun... most people step back on it after one or two laps.. :7 is a shame... is really a great saga these wipeout...

I hope We could see one on PS4 soon.. a PlayStation console Without one is not a playStation console.. as a Ridge Racer for the realease date! Those are PlayStation traditions! ^^

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread