By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
kivi95 said:
Yes! Dokuro is finally releasing in Europe this week :D

Thank you. You just made my day :)

Hope its not a limited release like Sumioni tho.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Got some Fantastic news everyone...the guy who gave the info on KZ Merc is saying that both Killzone Merc AND Tearaway will be out this year! :D lol at my moods 180 turnaround

No offence, MUGEN, but why were you thinking that they weren't releasing this year?  When they were showed off at Gamescom, they mentioned a 2013 release.  When MM & GG did Christmas messages on the blog, they mentioned a 2013 release.  

I don't think it should ever have been in any doubt that they were coming this year :P

ils411 said:

Its sad how Sony just cant do anything right...first they get trashed for trying to bring home console gameing experience to handhelds, and now they're getting crap from you guys for trying to make games more portable friendly.

Sony just can't get a break

This.  It's actually frustrating at the moment to see some of the replies in this thread.

Full home console experiences on a handheld is the biggest problem Vita is facing, imo.  Adapting Killzone is a smart move, and there's no reason why it can't be the best of both worlds - some Unit 13 style mission structure mixed in with more lengthy and 'epic' console-like stuff.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.  Let's just wait and see how it turned out.  From the minute they announced the name "Killzone Mercenary" at Gamescom I thought "This is an opportunity to make a proper home console experience adapted for handhelds", and it looks like they're making good on it.

ils411 said:
Has anyone here gotten the Platinum for Persona 4 Golden? I'm about to take on the last dungeon on my third play through and I'm still lacking 2 trophies (max. s links and read all books).

Any tips on how to get the max s links trophy? And if anyone here says to follow a faq/guide I will slap you so hard you'll have to open your zipper to talk. Faqs/guides are for lame ass wimps and anyone relying on faqs are not true gamers!

If you make sure that all your time is spent doing social activities and you have the proper personas on you, it really shouldn't be a problem. Of course, that means when you do a dungeon you'll want to finish it all in one go (and do it on a rainy day, if possible). And don't go after Adachi until the last possible day, which I believe is December 24, so you can squeeze out some extra days.

Also, make sure to get Adachi's up to rank 6 by December (the rest is automatic) and max out Marie's before the skiing trip.

SnakeDrake said:
Aerys said:
Bad news about killzone : "Killzone is made for handheld, fast paced missions, not too long. Just enough to jump in the bus, play one merc mission, pause game, put Vita to stand-by mode and finish later.

"

This remember us Unit 13 or worst, COD... I dont like this shit " made for handleld, fast paced missions, no too long " , an other way to say the game will be similar to a killzone but smaller in scope...

Its a doble edged sword. One side would complain that its to long for a handheld the other would complain its shorter then the console version.

The only thing though is those who complain that it is too long are most likely those who have never played it. Example: OMG this Uncharted Golden Abyss game's cutscenes are too long. I can't be bothered to push the standby button on my Vita. Where are the save points? I don't want to lose my progress.Maybe if I pause it and leave it running in my bag I can pick it up after class. But if my battery dies I will have to do it all over again. Seriously I can say this shit with half the words and there are way too many enemies in this battle.

Publishers and developers need to ignore any an all voice of concern over the length of handheld titles. Some games are small and some are not, the thing you play on is irrelevant. You can't shove an epic into a magazine.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
ils411 said:
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable, did anyone here buy it? How is it?

I'm having second thoughts on getting it ever since it was announced to be $39.99 which is ridiculous!

I'd like to be able to buy at least two games with a $50 PSN card and $39.99 for a previously budget game is just too much IMO. Unless of course someone here can actually convince me if its worth that price.

I'm open to be persuaded as I did get persona 4 via PSN and nearing completion of my third play through and clocking in 197 hours, its well worth its high price.

I am a bit super biased because EDF 2017 is in my all time top 10. But even having played the hell out of the original game I think it is absolutely worth every cent, especially with the new additions of pale wing and four-player co-op.

b.t.w does anyone knows about how PS3 and Vita cross save data works when the Vita game were in digital which it doesn't have any save data seperately to copy to PS3...??

ils411 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Aerys said:
Bad news about killzone : "Killzone is made for handheld, fast paced missions, not too long. Just enough to jump in the bus, play one merc mission, pause game, put Vita to stand-by mode and finish later.

"

This remember us Unit 13 or worst, COD... I dont like this shit " made for handleld, fast paced missions, no too long " , an other way to say the game will be similar to a killzone but smaller in scope...

Fully agree. If Killzone Vita is epic single player like on consoles then it could save the Vita single handily. If it's this bite sized crap then I'll probably not even get it.

Its sad how Sony just cant do anything right...first they get trashed for trying to bring home console gameing experience to handhelds, and now they're getting crap from you guys for trying to make games more portable friendly.

Sony just can't get a break

The portable friendly sentiment is more or less a fabrication. Games comes in various shapes and sizes and if you try to limit experience to one type or the other that's what you are left with, limitation. Bite sized, pick up and play games are on every console. Games are games, regardless of system.

HokageTenshi said:
b.t.w does anyone knows about how PS3 and Vita cross save data works when the Vita game were in digital which it doesn't have any save data seperately to copy to PS3...??

To be safe, so you don't accidently delete your only save. Use Content Manager to organize your PS Plus save data. You can copy saves from Vita to Cloud from there individually, as well as view your save data and compare which ones are up to date. If you don't have plus, or would rather have offline saves transfer the files directly to a computer or PS3.

Chark said:
HokageTenshi said:

To be safe, so you don't accidently delete your only save. Use Content Manager to organize your PS Plus save data. You can copy saves from Vita to Cloud from there individually, as well as view your save data and compare which ones are up to date. If you don't have plus, or would rather have offline saves transfer the files directly to a computer or PS3.

do you mean digital Vita games that have cross save function will have seperate save data to copy to PS3? unlike ordinary digital Vita games that the save data is save in the digital game file itself?