By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Muramasa gets japanese DLC:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/10/mmuramasa-the-demon-blade-has-four-new-dlc-characters-on-vita-one-is-a-nekomata/

Tales of Hearts R: Infinite footage:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/10/tales-of-hearts-r-infinite-evolve-is-like-a-new-and-old-tales-game/

Also, that's great news about Sly Cooper pricing. I'm actually going to buy it day 1 simply out of principle. I really, really support the idea of different pricing for games. Not every title has to be a £40 retail release or £5 digital release. There's a middle ground between the two, and I think reasonably-priced retail releases in genres which aren't too hot right now is a really smart move.

Around the Network

Did anyone get that Life of Pixel PSM game? I'm thinking about picking it up. It's $1.99

You play a pixel that explores all the various old school consoles

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
Did anyone get that Life of Pixel PSM game? I'm thinking about picking it up. It's $1.99

It sounds interesting. Bit of sad new regarding the developer. Basically their future projects seem to be on hold.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/01/09/life-of-pixel-developers-stall-two-other-vita-projects-as-cash-runs-out/

naruball said:
kivi95 said:
Panama said:
Retro City and EDF for us Europeans next week. Was worried 2013 would be horribly barren until P4Gs release.

Also what are the odds of Senran Kagura being localized? I want to import it so badly but don't want to regret it later.

We might also see either Sumoni or Dokuro!(Maybe both)

Wait, what? You think so? Any evidence??

Some quotes on the ps blog.

When will EDG 2017,Ragnarok,Sumioni and Dokuro release?

"EDF 2017 will be released this Wednesday and Ragnarok is due out later this year.Come back next week to find out about the others(Sumioni and Dokuro)"

Will we get Sumioni this year?

"You will indeed.Soon...very soon(Sumioni)"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

/thread

Around the Network

lol well the dev certainly isn't holding back with senran Kagura...but tbh feel like they are over doing it

oh and the anime started airing too. Haven't got the chance to see it yet but I saw the first episode has been subbed already

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
lol well the dev certainly isn't holding back with senran Kagura...but tbh feel like they are over doing it

oh and the anime started airing too. Haven't got the chance to see it yet but I saw the first episode has been subbed already

It seems to be working working, though :P (well, + the anime + the 3DS fans I guess :P)

Regarding the picture, check out those... jaggies in that shadow.  Horrific.

Chark said:

Yeah I picked it up last night. I really want to support the developer and hope this will create enough buzz to help them raise the funding to finish their Vita specific projects as particularly that VTrax looked really good!

Life of Pixel is basically a single screen 8 bit twitch platform game (edit, scratch that, now I'v got to ZX Spectrum there are multi screen levels, so I guess side scrolling will kick in come the NES/GameBoy stages). It's a bit like soundshapes in that you collect tokens/coins on the screen. Getting them all opens the exit. It's pretty tricky though as 1 touch of an enemy or landing in water etc is an instadeath. It's pretty addictive trying to finish the more challenging levels (think soundshapes death mode without the randomness) and it also has a nice chiptune sound track. Personally I think at £1.59/$1.99 you can't go wrong.

The asthetics are also fantastic with each world being themed around a specific computer/console from the 8 bit days and all the graphics for the levels in that world looking appropriate for the hardware. I'm currently on Atari 2600 :D [EDIT] make that ZX Spectrum!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Scisca said:
MikeRox said:

I ended up playing Strangers Wrath for most of the flight. This is Vitas no 1 FPS at the moment even though it also has TPS gameplay. I would actually pay full retail for titles of this quality.

Totally agree. This game is really good, though I've been enjoying the demo of Resistance as well and can't understand why this game got such bad scored. I plan to get it once they cut the price, cause I don't want to take a risk ;)

I'm not sure about Munch's game. Is it really good? Cause the gameplay is very different to Stranger's Wrath, isn't it?

Resistance: Burning Skies is a really good game.  A bit short, and with some lack of epic soundtrack, but still it is really fun.  And the last boss looks like taken directly from a PS3.   There are some bland textures here and there, but the graphics are quite solid, and the story even though is nothing breathtaking, it gets the job done, and drives you forward to kick a$$.

The platinum is really easy :D

Heavenly_King said:

Resistance: Burning Skies is a really good game.  A bit short, and with some lack of epic soundtrack, but still it is really fun.  And the last boss looks like taken directly from a PS3.   There are some bland textures here and there, but the graphics are quite solid, and the story even though is nothing breathtaking, it gets the job done, and drives you forward to kick a$$.

The platinum is really easy :D

Yeah, I enjoyed Resistance. If it had another 2-3 stages with the sort of gameplay the latter chapters have (for me the gameplay really got exciting by the 2nd half of the game) then I think it would have faired much better. It might be an easy platinum, but it's a cheeky one too :p mandatory online pass usage to attain it haha. Not such a bad idea tbh.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.