By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Here's How Cross-Buy's Going to Work for PlayStation All-Stars

You only pay once

Follow the simple steps

Ever since it was announced at GamesCom earlier this year, people have pondered exactly how cross-buy for the PlayStation 3 and Vita would work. The offer has always seemed easily open to abuse, but Sony has now confirmed that the free handheld version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will be tied to your PlayStation Network account.

“Cross-buy works when you insert your PS3 game disc into your PS3, you follow the on-screen instructions to receive your Vita version as a download from the PlayStation Store,” product manager Phil Lynch explained. “It’s tied to your PSN account so you won’t be able to give away the Vita version to a friend.”

While we daresay some people will be frustrated by this, it certainly seems like the fairest way to conduct the offer. If people were simply selling download vouchers for the Vita version on eBay, then that would provide a huge headache for Sony. At least this way it can ensure that the goodwill gesture is always being used as intended.

Source: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/11/heres_how_cross_buys_going_to_work_for_playstation_all_stars

Around the Network
huiii said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
zMIKUz said:
has there been any update on the PS Plus for the vita?

Not yet...weird cuz they said they will have info this week :S

we're only in the beginning of the week i expext it either with the update of the store tomorrw or friday.

Anyway what do you guys expect we're getting. My guess would be either whipeout or unit 13. If they are giving us full games( and want to make a good imopression) that is. Maby graivty rush since they are making a sequel for it it would be a good move to try to get the first one into as many hands as possible.

but if they  really wanted people to talk about it they should put uncharted in it. That and keep the game at a 50$ pricetag that would make people think that they got a real bargin and might make them buy a vita... but i doubt thats gonna happen.

i just hope it wont be little deviants or reality fighters....

what do you guys think?

My guess it will be Wipeout and Escape Plan. Maybe one psp game to boot. It's hard to tell cuz if it's anything like the ps3 ps+..they will put 2-3 real good games to be available for a year with some new addiitons every month. So I wouldn't be surprised to see UC:GA as well..I'm sure Sony BEND is working on a sequel anywy

@Rafael: Yeah saw that as well. Makes sense too

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Aha thank you all, Megan I'm literally dying laughing at the headline ahaha thank you for this exposure.. This is my moment of fame on VGchartz... Well.. My main moment was one of my first posts and I realised I had a typo In my name that was soooooo bad. That was fame!

RafaelOrix said:

Here's How Cross-Buy's Going to Work for PlayStation All-Stars

You only pay once

Follow the simple steps

Ever since it was announced at GamesCom earlier this year, people have pondered exactly how cross-buy for the PlayStation 3 and Vita would work. The offer has always seemed easily open to abuse, but Sony has now confirmed that the free handheld version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will be tied to your PlayStation Network account.

“Cross-buy works when you insert your PS3 game disc into your PS3, you follow the on-screen instructions to receive your Vita version as a download from the PlayStation Store,” product manager Phil Lynch explained. “It’s tied to your PSN account so you won’t be able to give away the Vita version to a friend.”

While we daresay some people will be frustrated by this, it certainly seems like the fairest way to conduct the offer. If people were simply selling download vouchers for the Vita version on eBay, then that would provide a huge headache for Sony. At least this way it can ensure that the goodwill gesture is always being used as intended.

Source: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/11/heres_how_cross_buys_going_to_work_for_playstation_all_stars

Oh so lets say I use my PS3 with my brothers account and download it. It will be on vita psn his download list.

Edit: dose this game have online pass I know this is Sony but ............................

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

"VC3 Fan made translation patch in the works"
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/11/valkyria-chronicles-3-fan-made-translation-patch-in-the-works/

Only bad news is ull need a hacked psp

Around the Network
badgenome said:

EDF in February!

DAAAAMNNN!!! Must have this toooooo!!!!

Oh my god guys, the Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition is absolutely gorgeous. I was kinda hoping for a bigger, more significant players guide (the offer made it look like a fullsized hard cover, but it's just the size of an Xbox game case), it's alls hiny, wooden, and comes with a batch of free cards and the soundtrack which I'll be ripping to my computer.

Best extra 10 bucks I Ever spent.

But you know, the system has no games. none. I can't keep up with the games, but it has none.

Not to mention PErsona 4 is due to be released.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

so psn updated for me and i see nothing for the ps plus for the vita. Anyone see any difference?

Runa216 said:
Oh my god guys, the Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition is absolutely gorgeous. I was kinda hoping for a bigger, more significant players guide (the offer made it look like a fullsized hard cover, but it's just the size of an Xbox game case), it's alls hiny, wooden, and comes with a batch of free cards and the soundtrack which I'll be ripping to my computer.

But you know, the system has no games. none. I can't keep up with the games, but it has none.

A question about ragnarok Odyssey :  Do you know if the DLC already released in Japan are included in the US mercenary  version ?

Im playing to Zero Escape, this is certainly the best game of the month ! You really should buy it, a must have for Vita or 3DS owner.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Runa216 said:

A question about ragnarok Odyssey :  Do you know if the DLC already released in Japan are included in the US mercenary  version ?

No idea, I haven't opened it yet. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android