By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Teflon02 said:

Glad you brought this up. My guesses are usually on point or close when it comes to analysis. SMT series. Persona 4 Golden was announced I believe when this info was originally given. Now the fact they said series, it either means SMTIV is not a 3DS exclusive. Or it means *drum roll* Persona 5 is being made for PS Vita. There has also been little things that lead to persona 5. SMT games are not usually made as a multiplatform title, but one platform at a time, which makes SMTIV idea go out the window, now in a interview in the past about P4G. There were a few things you get out of the interview that confirmed a few things. Persona 5 was confirmed in dev prior to the interview btw. Not the things were, Persona 5 was technically confirmed as a PlayStation Something title, because they had used the announcement of Persona 5 as a piece of advertisement and they wouldn't do that if it wasn't on a PS platform obviously seeing it was on the PSBlog. Now specifically we all know japan loves handheld gaming, and as of recent years (SMT has been all over the handhelds). On top of that, in the interview it was said, the Persona series feels right at home on a handheld like PS Vita because its the kind of game you can play for hours or in short sessions on the go, like while on the train you can start it up and do a day or a scene then save and stop etc. That being said, that was the reason of 1-4 being put on psp and vita. And to do that then jump to ps3 or 4 for the new title would be weird seeing PS3 isn't getting this kind of Persona support. Also it was said I believe in the summer Persona 5 is about 2 years into dev, and thats approximately about the time Sony allowed PS Vita development. Kinda works together to smoothly. 

Now the Namco Bandai was definitely wasn't tales seeing the game was announced pretty fast for japan, it was likely God Eater 2. But they probably were talking something else also cause the game was announced for PSP for a while, but we'll see, hopefully tales and God Eater reach NA

Obviously Persona 5 will. Most likely on PS Vita especially if Persona 4 Golden does as good as I expect

Yeah, I found it interesting as well.  It would be very, very cool if Persona 5 was on the Vita.  I can half see it happening for the reasons you've already mentioned (fanbase is on Sony consoles; Japanese gamers play on handhelds; Persona 1-4 have all been made compatible with Vita).  I'm just a bit worried that it's the kind of project that would have been moved on once they saw the Vita's sales.  But I hope not!

And yeah, you're probably right about the Namco Bandai game.  I find it weird now, looking back.  The clues were there for GE2 coming to Vita, but it was still a surprised when it was announced at TGS.

I'd like to see what Marvelous AQL's fantasy RPG is too, if there is indeed one still coming.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
I was planning on buying Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward in November... but I've just heard (Probably late to the party or whatever) that the EU version isn't going to have English voice overs, whereas the US version is... not sure why that decision was made, but I find it appalling, I know a lot of people DO like Japanese voices in a game, but if I have a choice to listen to something in English, I ALWAYS take it.

Honestly I just can't see anything being released in Germany or France without being dubbed :LOL:

Kresnik said:
Teflon02 said:

Glad you brought this up. My guesses are usually on point or close when it comes to analysis. SMT series. Persona 4 Golden was announced I believe when this info was originally given. Now the fact they said series, it either means SMTIV is not a 3DS exclusive. Or it means *drum roll* Persona 5 is being made for PS Vita. There has also been little things that lead to persona 5. SMT games are not usually made as a multiplatform title, but one platform at a time, which makes SMTIV idea go out the window, now in a interview in the past about P4G. There were a few things you get out of the interview that confirmed a few things. Persona 5 was confirmed in dev prior to the interview btw. Not the things were, Persona 5 was technically confirmed as a PlayStation Something title, because they had used the announcement of Persona 5 as a piece of advertisement and they wouldn't do that if it wasn't on a PS platform obviously seeing it was on the PSBlog. Now specifically we all know japan loves handheld gaming, and as of recent years (SMT has been all over the handhelds). On top of that, in the interview it was said, the Persona series feels right at home on a handheld like PS Vita because its the kind of game you can play for hours or in short sessions on the go, like while on the train you can start it up and do a day or a scene then save and stop etc. That being said, that was the reason of 1-4 being put on psp and vita. And to do that then jump to ps3 or 4 for the new title would be weird seeing PS3 isn't getting this kind of Persona support. Also it was said I believe in the summer Persona 5 is about 2 years into dev, and thats approximately about the time Sony allowed PS Vita development. Kinda works together to smoothly. 

Now the Namco Bandai was definitely wasn't tales seeing the game was announced pretty fast for japan, it was likely God Eater 2. But they probably were talking something else also cause the game was announced for PSP for a while, but we'll see, hopefully tales and God Eater reach NA

Obviously Persona 5 will. Most likely on PS Vita especially if Persona 4 Golden does as good as I expect

Yeah, I found it interesting as well.  It would be very, very cool if Persona 5 was on the Vita.  I can half see it happening for the reasons you've already mentioned (fanbase is on Sony consoles; Japanese gamers play on handhelds; Persona 1-4 have all been made compatible with Vita).  I'm just a bit worried that it's the kind of project that would have been moved on once they saw the Vita's sales.  But I hope not!

And yeah, you're probably right about the Namco Bandai game.  I find it weird now, looking back.  The clues were there for GE2 coming to Vita, but it was still a surprised when it was announced at TGS.

I'd like to see what Marvelous AQL's fantasy RPG is too, if there is indeed one still coming.

If Persona 5 become exclusive to nintendo like SMTIV, it would certainly be the biggest fail for Sony :/

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Kresnik said:
Teflon02 said:

If Persona 5 become exclusive to nintendo like SMTIV, it would certainly be the bigger fail for Sony :/

It would be especially with the article where they where hyping the announcement of it lol. I'd call it fail of the generation lol. Though I know Atlus loves sony so it won't happen thankfully 

Kresnik said:
Iwannaplaythegame said:
I just started playing Dokuro NA version and it's seems fun. I'll play this for a meantime while waiting at the end of the month. so that total of $100 on PSN and $20 will return to me on November

Dokuro- $19.99
Street Fighter Vs Tekken $39.99 [please!!]
Ragnarok Odyssey - $39.99 [I hope so]
Total of - $100

Wouldn't that be $99.97?

LOL THAT!

I'm going with 120$ on gift cards... will spend 110$ this month and next month When I get the 20$ back I will get Sonic and Sega Kart ^^

I'm planing ong getting this month: LBP, Ragnarok, One piece for the PS3 (with some friends..) and some Offers... gladly I'm PS+ user so next month I'll have some extras games... ^^

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network

http://www.examiner.com/article/nis-on-potential-disgaea-characters-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale Prinny or Etna should be a choice! Disgaea despite being on Nintedo's handhelds too... is almost a PlayStation Brand... NIS=PlayStation for me... and I repeat... That game need more Japanese characters... for appealing Japanese market and old gamers from PSX age...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Some more details about Liberation. Idk if they're common knowledge or not, but just in case:

" The system of “person” will allow to select between one of three possible costumes from Aveline, which not only change the appearance of the protagonist, but that of her skill set.

The assassin costume gives basic and an Assassin known features. “Lady Aveline” costume greatly reduces mobility but allows to seduce and bribe officials. Maid costume allows you to pass unnoticed in previously closed areas and is capable of inciting a rebellion among the citizens.

Players can buy one of these different costumes in stores scattered throughout the map and opt for the benefits of each to complete their missions.

Each “person” gives a unique feature of their appearance."

http://www.psvitahub.com/2012/10/new-assassins-creed-3-liberation.html

That whole "inciting a rebellion among the citizens" part sounds pretty cool!

Gotta hand it to Ubisoft Sofia...they sure are giving it effort..and I shall award it by buying the game

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Gotta hand it to Ubisoft Sofia...they sure are giving it effort..and I shall award it by buying the game

Yeah man... must admit I was a bit worried at first.  I don't mind things being passed off to 'subsidiary' developers because it can go really well (kind of like Sony Bend), but Ubisoft Sofia seemed so new.  They didn't have a Wikipedia page! 

But I did a bit of research and apparently they made a quite-well-received Ghost Recon game for the 3DS (77 meta) and then all this info and trailers we're seeing for the game, it's looking killer.  I have full faith in them now.

It remains to be seen what the game is actually like but if it's even remotely as good as all this stuff is making it seem, then I am hyped.  And originally, I wasn't even considering buying this game because I'm not a huge fan of Assassin's Creed.  But for this, I am pumped.

Aerys said:
If i buy the Ragnarok Odyssey collector version from US, will the online work with my French account ?

Yes it will, but you'll only be limited to playing with people with the US version. If you plan on playing with people around you, then its best to get the same version as they are. If they're getting the US too, then there's no problem.