By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Dgc1808 said:
You could do that... ooooorrrrrrrrrrrr... we could go with EatAVita. :P

I just need to ask....how does EatAVita make any sense whatsoever?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
Chark said:
Dgc1808 said:

The purpose of the site is the purpose of this thread. A source of information for the Vita. The best praise MUGEN can get for this thread is that someone bought a Vita because of it.  

EatAVita is a play on the double definition of a "consumer", as opposed to the blatant and less comical "GetAVita".

4 ≈ One

I don't approve of just focusing on one PlayStation platform. Even if the name of the website just references Vita. It needs to be something that reflects the entire PlayStation family of platforms.

It's a restricting thing to only focus on one platform. Especially when there isn't that much to talk about.

Tridrakious said:
I don't approve of just focusing on one PlayStation platform. Even if the name of the website just references Vita. It needs to be something that reflects the entire PlayStation family of platforms.

It's a restricting thing to only focus on one platform. Especially when there isn't that much to talk about.

We are going to start with the vita, then over time once we think we have a handle on how things will roll. Well roll out the rest of the PlayStation family

Dgc1808 said:
Chark said:
Dgc1808 said:

The purpose of the site is the purpose of this thread. A source of information for the Vita. The best praise MUGEN can get for this thread is that someone bought a Vita because of it.  

EatAVita is a play on the double definition of a "consumer", as opposed to the blatant and less comical "GetAVita".

That's quite the stretch and no one will get that. The first reaction will be confusion and there isn't much to work with in the name except to show someone/something eating a vita, or a vita with a bite out of it(probably best use). Either way it is not particularly appealing to the average person, let alone actual Vita fans as the title requires explaination.

The GetAVita alternative is very clashing to the concept of creating a webpage, it is a direct ad line or an imposing statement that won't hit its mark and risks being seen as a desperate reaction to the lackluster sales.

Neither seems to be fiting for the name of a website. Sorry to be so critical but there are bound to be better ideas.

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Tridrakious said:

We are going to start with the vita, then over time once we think we have a handle on how things will roll. Well roll out the rest of the PlayStation family

The name will throw people off and will keep people from just spontaneously coming to the site. It needs to be more "general", there can be sections of the site focused on specific systems, but there isn't much to go on with just the Vita being the focus.

With that said, I'm not the one that is launching the site. I'm just throwing out my experience and hope the ones that are actually helming this project see some useful stuff out of it.

M.U.G.E.N said:
so guys...should i just make a new poll with the top 3 requested names and make that the final poll? I didn't wanna bring it up again for a while since we had some good gaming discussions going on

I'm out of this discussion.  EataVita is a stupid, stupid name, and I honestly think people are only chosing it for the lulz.  Chop it down to VitaHazGaemz and GetAVita, and leave it at that. 

Also, It's so hilarious to see the dichotomy Sony has with the Vita.  it's like they spent ALL their money getting people to develop for it, porting franchises, etc, then they completely forgot to give a shit about it beyond that.  they are giving it NO advertising support, they seem to completely not care about it (at events like E3 and TGS), and overall it feels like half of the company is getting behind it, while the other half is giving it the finger.  like what the fuck, sony?  how could you succeed and fail so spectcularly at the same time? 

Also, is Dokuro a retail release or DLC? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
so guys...should i just make a new poll with the top 3 requested names and make that the final poll? I didn't wanna bring it up again for a while since we had some good gaming discussions going on

I'm out of this discussion.  EataVita is a stupid, stupid name, and I honestly think people are only chosing it for the lulz.  Chop it down to VitaHazGaemz and GetAVita, and leave it at that. 

Also, It's so hilarious to see the dichotomy Sony has with the Vita.  it's like they spent ALL their money getting people to develop for it, porting franchises, etc, then they completely forgot to give a shit about it beyond that.  they are giving it NO advertising support, they seem to completely not care about it (at events like E3 and TGS), and overall it feels like half of the company is getting behind it, while the other half is giving it the finger.  like what the fuck, sony?  how could you succeed and fail so spectcularly at the same time? 

Also, is Dokuro a retail release or DLC? 

This is actually the problem with Sony right now.  All the execs act like they're in charge and thus everything at Sony fails, they're all sabatoging each other.  First thing Kaz should have done is fire all execs from all departments.

Tridrakious said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Tridrakious said:

The name will throw people off and will keep people from just spontaneously coming to the site. It needs to be more "general", there can be sections of the site focused on specific systems, but there isn't much to go on with just the Vita being the focus.

With that said, I'm not the one that is launching the site. I'm just throwing out my experience and hope the ones that are actually helming this project see some useful stuff out of it.

Considering the site will be understaffed and inexperienced tackling just one product is the best route. Adding other segments will come in time but there needs to be a working/semi-successful site by then. If it does well there is always potential to change the name of the site to something better/relevant to what can be offered. If a full blown PlayStation site was made from the get go, it would be smothered by work load and established competition.

Chark said:
Tridrakious said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Tridrakious said:

Considering the site will be understaffed and inexperienced tackling just one product is the best route. Adding other segments will come in time but there needs to be a working/semi-successful site by then. If it does well there is always potential to change the name of the site to something better/relevant to what can be offered. If a full blown PlayStation site was made from the get go, it would be smothered by work load and established competition.

Clark said it best. Thank you.