By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Runa216 said:
So guys, what's the total list of characters in Playstation All-Stars now? I haven't been paying attention and mostly skip past the posts in this thread discussing it.

Also, it sucks that so many games are being delayed, Ragnarok was delayed, Persona was delayed, how many others? I need something to do in September!

http://www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/

20 Characters

Kratos (God of War)
Fat Princess (Fat Princess)
Good Cole McGrath (inFamous)
Evil Cole McGrath (inFamous)
Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
Toro inoue (Everyday Together/ 15 other games as a guest)
Parappa (Parappa the Rapper)
Colonel Radec (Killzone)
Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
Dante (DmC/Devil may Cry)
Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Cyborg Raiden (Metal Gear)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)

Looking at this list, I find it kinda funny when some complains about the game being just an ad campaign, citing characters like Raiden over Snake and Big Daddy.. If you remove the 3rd party characters and count unique 1st party franchises represented in the game I count 15 SONY IPs. If you do the same for brawl, it's also 15 1st party ips. 

EDITED

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Runa216 said:
So guys, what's the total list of characters in Playstation All-Stars now? I haven't been paying attention and mostly skip past the posts in this thread discussing it.

Also, it sucks that so many games are being delayed, Ragnarok was delayed, Persona was delayed, how many others? I need something to do in September!

20 characters announced so far.

Hopefully at least 25 will be made for in disc. I can see another 5 being added to DLC.

I'm more interested in knowing WHAT the characters are. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

d21lewis said:
SnakeDrake said:
Im going to download all the Metal Gear games on my vita, also gonna get the acid games too.

You'll probably have to get Ac!d on UMD for the PSP.  I don't think they're available for download in any form.

Mother f*'$  your right cant find it in the psn store, damn it I have the first game on UMD but my PSP died a horrid death

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

that really is a fantastic deal

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I'd still save up and get the 32 gig memory card. don't get me wrong, not everyone needs a tonne of space on their system, but it allows the system so much freedom to do so many different things. an 8 gig card allows gameplay and some save files/downloads, but a 32 gig card lets you use it as a movie player, or an MP3 player, lets you download dozens of games, etc.

Sony, this is what you gotta do: 32 gig card for 50 bucks, 16 gig card for 30. BAM, people stop complaining about your overpriced cards and it becomes a nonissue. Besides, I know for a fact it doesn't cost 100 dollars to manufacture a memory card.

OR, start putting memory cards in with all your bundles. REAL memory cards, 16 and 32 only. don't bother with the 4 and 8 gig cards, phase them out completely. This will make the systems a monumentally better deal.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
I'd still save up and get the 32 gig memory card. don't get me wrong, not everyone needs a tonne of space on their system, but it allows the system so much freedom to do so many different things. an 8 gig card allows gameplay and some save files/downloads, but a 32 gig card lets you use it as a movie player, or an MP3 player, lets you download dozens of games, etc.

Sony, this is what you gotta do: 32 gig card for 50 bucks, 16 gig card for 30. BAM, people stop complaining about your overpriced cards and it becomes a nonissue. Besides, I know for a fact it doesn't cost 100 dollars to manufacture a memory card.

OR, start putting memory cards in with all your bundles. REAL memory cards, 16 and 32 only. don't bother with the 4 and 8 gig cards, phase them out completely. This will make the systems a monumentally better deal.

People will complain anyways....  I mean, cross buy is horrible to consumers apparently.

Sacred 3 coming to VITA?!?

That's awesome!!! I had fun in Sacred 2, although I only heard about it because the was a Blind Guardian performance in it. Would be a nice game to waste some time in on commutes.

Dgc1808 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
kitler53 said:
okay, so i just saw the new metal gear trailer...

i think i want to get into this franchise. where's the best place to start? release chronological? seeing as MGS is listed at compatible for vita and the MGS HD collection is too is that a good plan? Should i go for the ps3 HD collection instead? Where do the psp games fit in?

I'm going release order myself, and nen-suer forgot to mention Metal Gear 1 and 2. They are the first two games and if you don't play them, you might get lost when you start with MGS1. If you get the HD collection, you can find them under Snake Eater. Also I actually heard portable ops does have some importance to the story but it's up to you. Maybe if you really get into MGS, then you might want to check it out. Oh, and I'm not sure if Metal Gear 1 and 2 are included on the Vita version but I know it's on the ps3 version.

I can confirm for you guys that they're included. They're in the main menu of MGS3. If you could get the PS3 version of the collection I would recommend that over the Vita version, though. It's cheaper and comes with Peace Walker.

thanks to everyone replying to me!

so is there any reason other than price to go for the ps3 version of the HD collection?  i know getting it for vita (+peacewalker) will cost more but to be honest, money isn't exactly a big deal for me.  i was thinking that with the smaller screen maybe they'll look at bit better on vita.  that and my ps3 backlog is huge while my vita is not.  are controls gimped at all on vita?   either way i'm going to go download MGS1 now.

oh, and do i really need to play MG 1 and 2 first?  i actually started MG waaay back in the day when it was new.  there was a tank i couldn't get past and i eventually gave up.  i don't remember there being much story beyond the parachuting in bit at the very very beginning.

darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:

People will complain anyways....  I mean, cross buy is horrible to consumers apparently.

ah yes, I keep forgetting there's some sort of anti-Sony hate field in this world.  that's one thing I often fail to factor into my calculations: the human spirit when dedicated to hating something.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

kitler53 said:
Dgc1808 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
kitler53 said:
okay, so i just saw the new metal gear trailer...

i think i want to get into this franchise. where's the best place to start? release chronological? seeing as MGS is listed at compatible for vita and the MGS HD collection is too is that a good plan? Should i go for the ps3 HD collection instead? Where do the psp games fit in?

I'm going release order myself, and nen-suer forgot to mention Metal Gear 1 and 2. They are the first two games and if you don't play them, you might get lost when you start with MGS1. If you get the HD collection, you can find them under Snake Eater. Also I actually heard portable ops does have some importance to the story but it's up to you. Maybe if you really get into MGS, then you might want to check it out. Oh, and I'm not sure if Metal Gear 1 and 2 are included on the Vita version but I know it's on the ps3 version.

I can confirm for you guys that they're included. They're in the main menu of MGS3. If you could get the PS3 version of the collection I would recommend that over the Vita version, though. It's cheaper and comes with Peace Walker.

thanks to everyone replying to me!

so is there any reason other than price to go for the ps3 version of the HD collection?  i know getting it for vita (+peacewalker) will cost more but to be honest, money isn't exactly a big deal for me.  i was thinking that with the smaller screen maybe they'll look at bit better on vita.  that and my ps3 backlog is huge while my vita is not.  are controls gimped at all on vita?   either way i'm going to go download MGS1 now.

oh, and do i really need to play MG 1 and 2 first?  i actually started MG waaay back in the day when it was new.  there was a tank i couldn't get past and i eventually gave up.  i don't remember there being much story beyond the parachuting in bit at the very very beginning.

I don't know about MG2 but so far, MG1 is pretty empty when it comes to story. I'm guessing 2 won't be much different. 

As for controls, MGS3 on the Vita plays very well actually. In some aspects it actually feels like the definitve way to play. Menu selection in Metal Gear with the triggers always seemed a bit odd. The way it's handled on the front touch screen is much smoother and feels natural. The rear-touch pad is only used in a few situations and those situations actually make sense. It makes what I played on the PS2 feel a somewhat clumsy.

One thing I had to get used to was that the face buttons aren't... i'm not sure how to discribe it. The feature i'm thinking of is explained in this thread. On the Vita, if you want to put down your aimed pistol, you press down on the d-pad. This alternative works well and it's the only case where I actually loved the fact that the face buttons and analogs were very close. At least one dev out there knows how to work well with what many including myself considered a design flaw at one point.

As for MGS2, i'm not sure. Haven't had much time with it on the Vita, yet. 

EDIT: Forgot to link the thread...

4 ≈ One