By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Go away Raiden.  You are not Snake.  I do not care for you, even after they tried to make you cool in MGS4.  These last two 'reveals' have been kinda disappointing.  I hope the big guns are still to come.  In other news:

Sal.Paradise said

And this is cute, from gaf:

Omg.

Around the Network

Is anyone else having issues downloading the Final Fantasy games off the store onto their Vita? Mine keeps saying that it is not supported on the console yet it is available on the store... *confused*

BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:

Or maybe they were never released on the NA PSN?  I mean, I remember reading a post on Capcom Unity about Megaman Powered Up not being on PSN.  Svensson said that all UMD conversions are handled by Sony and they couldn't get the UMD to work despite being in the Japanese store.  I think we really need to bring the pitch fork to Tretton.

Lol.....the bolded/italic/underlined....wtf? That makes absolutely no sense o.O. They created the format and they cant even get it to work....

They couldn't get the iso loading on PSPs if that conversation is correct.  I call bullshit obviously, but still.

M.U.G.E.N said:
PEEEEEEEEEPZ GET TO IT!

"Hi all, just a quick message from Gavin Russell – SCEE Producer of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale. We will be conducting a limited public beta across both PlayStation 3 and PS Vita platforms between Tuesday 11th September and Tuesday 18th September 2012.
Why am I letting you know this, you may ask? WE NEED YOU!
We will be welcoming enrolment for this limited public beta phase until Tuesday 4th September 12.00pm BST. To be in with a chance of being a selected participant, we’ll need you to register interest on the PSN Beta site.
Those chosen will be notified via email and will be able to access the PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale section of PSN Beta. Once logged in, you can retrieve your voucher code and find out about the test night information and any requirements we may have of you – our PlayStation Community.
Let’s see who proves to be best, of the best…of the best!!
Best of luck from SCEE, SCEA Santa Monica Studios, Bluepoint Games Inc and SuperBot Entertainment Inc."

PSN beta Site?! Where is that?! LINK NOW!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Andrespetmonkey said:
Remember my post about COD on Vita? Well I decided to expand on that greatly. Check out my first editorial for Gamingcapacity please! http://www.gamingcapacity.com/call-of-duty-on-psvita-lost-potential/

Tell me what you think, and don't go easy, if it's bad I want to know :)

I didn't notice any problems with the article APM and it raised a good point.  For your first editorial it was good!

Just one thing: I think even if Zipper had developed the game, it wouldn't have been at the expense of either SOCOM 4.  SOCOM was still a relatively big franchise before that game, and Sony were betting on it being big for the PS3.  Although that tremendously backfired for them, they weren't to know that at the time (they were presuming it would have been bigger than it was I bet, given a) Confrontation and b) Zipper were returning to development, who helmed the success during the PS2 era). 

Aside from that, Sony keep all the profits from a first-party franchises, rather than just a cut of them from third-party stuff, so maybe they just thought Unit 13 was going to be bigger than it actually was too?  Idk.  They probably weren't planning on the Vita having quite as low sales as it is either, so COD Vita would've been more of an 'Icing on the cake' kind of deal than 'It needs to save the system!'

With all this said, the whole thing still makes no sense.  Like you say, Activision have tonnes of development teams & Nihilistic have been busy with Resistance and are quite an unproven developer.  I don't understand it, but we'll just have to see how it turns out I guess.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Remember my post about COD on Vita? Well I decided to expand on that greatly. Check out my first editorial for Gamingcapacity please! http://www.gamingcapacity.com/call-of-duty-on-psvita-lost-potential/

Tell me what you think, and don't go easy, if it's bad I want to know :)

I didn't notice any problems with the article APM and it raised a good point.  For your first editorial it was good!

Just one thing: I think even if Zipper had developed the game, it wouldn't have been at the expense of either SOCOM 4.  SOCOM was still a relatively big franchise before that game, and Sony were betting on it being big for the PS3.  Although that tremendously backfired for them, they weren't to know that at the time (they were presuming it would have been bigger than it was I bet, given a) Confrontation and b) Zipper were returning to development, who helmed the success during the PS2 era). 

Aside from that, Sony keep all the profits from a first-party franchises, rather than just a cut of them from third-party stuff, so maybe they just thought Unit 13 was going to be bigger than it actually was too?  Idk. They probably weren't planning on the Vita having quite as low sales as it is either, so COD Vita would've been more of an 'Icing on the cake' kind of deal than 'It needs to save the system!'

The Vita was being really well recieved before launch, you remember how surprised and impressed everyone was with the price? Now most say it's too much. So no matter what Sony say I agree they expected much better. That said, COD, now at it's height, should be a high priority in any case, definitely higher priority than any new IP, even if they were convinced the Vita would easily do 10m in it's first year. This is the obvious choice concerning profit too. They can't of expected unit 13 to do as well as a high-rated exclusive cod on vita. Even if sony get half the money on each Cod unit than unit 13 they'd make more money. Who knows though, maybe nihilistic can pull it off.

With all this said, the whole thing still makes no sense.  Like you say, Activision have tonnes of development teams & Nihilistic have been busy with Resistance and are quite an unproven developer.  I don't understand it, but we'll just have to see how it turns out I guess.

I also think the way they're translating the series to the vita is wrong. It looks like it's going to follow the same formula as console cods, and stand alone, when imo it should be advertised and created as an extension to black ops II, multi-player only, cross-buy with BO2, bundled with 3G PSVs...

DemoniOtaku said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
PEEEEEEEEEPZ GET TO IT!

"Hi all, just a quick message from Gavin Russell – SCEE Producer of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale. We will be conducting a limited public beta across both PlayStation 3 and PS Vita platforms between Tuesday 11th September and Tuesday 18th September 2012.
Why am I letting you know this, you may ask? WE NEED YOU!
We will be welcoming enrolment for this limited public beta phase until Tuesday 4th September 12.00pm BST. To be in with a chance of being a selected participant, we’ll need you to register interest on the PSN Beta site.
Those chosen will be notified via email and will be able to access the PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale section of PSN Beta. Once logged in, you can retrieve your voucher code and find out about the test night information and any requirements we may have of you – our PlayStation Community.
Let’s see who proves to be best, of the best…of the best!!
Best of luck from SCEE, SCEA Santa Monica Studios, Bluepoint Games Inc and SuperBot Entertainment Inc."

PSN beta Site?! Where is that?! LINK NOW!

ooops here's the link to the info :D it's in there

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita goes gold

http://tarsier.se/littlebigplanetvita/littlebigplanet-ps-vita-has-gone-gold

i have a little problem with Near, when i first booted my vita up, it said something like "5 people close to you are playing", and it showed some weird circle, showing the ID's of the guys close to me, together with some info.

however, now Near says like 25 people are playing near me, but i cant figure out how to get that circle back onto the screen, because i wanna stalk those people... but yeah whatever i do, i can't seem to find said circlish thingy =(

help is appreciated.

PS: i can't find the RO Trailer that is mentioned in the headline. qq

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

is anyone else having trouble getting Grandia on the PS Vita? every other game I have can get transferred to my vita but not Grandia....I wish Sony would just let us copy like the PSP,(well used to) or make PS1 titles downloadable from your download history.