By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Gravity Rush/Daze looks stunning! How have I not seen this before now?!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
I am utterly disheartened by some of the things going on here at VGC. Me and other members are working hard in this thread, posting both good and bad news about VGC yet ninty fans seem to focus on the bad news itself every chance they get just to bash vita.
i hear things like it has only home console like games...ALL THE TIME in this forum. I see a lot of misunderstandings about hw specs and firmware related issues. no one seems to focus on all the great things this device is bringing to the table. each passing day i'm getting tired of this forum and I'm losing my interest to even keep this thread going anymore. why bother

i don't buy that one bit. you are the main reason this thread continues. screw what the bias says. it has always been there goal to take down the comp. and show them in any negative light however possible. you can't let them get to you, or you will fail in your objective.

you're Sony's biggest supporter on this site now cause out of all the others that have gone to college, you're the most active. it seems the pressure is getting to you. i personaly can't think of a Sony fan more active then you at this point so stay strong cause at this point you're all we've got, and i don't want your roll lol.

you better not give up. it's not in your nature. you have the bullseye on your back. i'm filling the pressure to but i'm not the biggest target you are. then again when have you not felt the pressure? 

Carl2291 said:
Gravity Rush/Daze looks stunning! How have I not seen this before now?!

whaaaaaa? 0_0 you haven't? did you see the trailers? this game is one of my MOST anticipated games...on any console. it's open world too btw

and also everyone: sorry about the rant earlier :) guess i just wanted to vent a bit...I kinda regret even mentioning it here now, such things are needed in this thread. so I won't even reply to moreingros post tho I really wanna :P

and there are SO MANY things to post about psv...I will post a huge chunk of it in the next post

oh yea thanks for the updates everyone....those screens and vids look delicious!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

whaaaaaa? 0_0 you haven't? did you see the trailers? this game is one of my MOST anticipated games...on any console. it's open world too btw

and also everyone: sorry about the rant earlier :) guess i just wanted to vent a bit...I kinda regret even mentioning it here now, such things are needed in this thread. so I won't even reply to moreingros post tho I really wanna :P

and there are SO MANY things to post about psv...I will post a huge chunk of it in the next post

oh yea thanks for the updates everyone....those screens and vids look delicious!

1. Just to soften you, yeah Gravity Daze does look cool

2. Bring it on!

where are the trailers for uncharted and wipeout??

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Around the Network

so first up two gameplay videos of the amazingness that is Shinobido 2!

a 'proper' Ninja game :D

and it seems Acquire is making even MORE PSV games!!! here's a good interview with them courtesy of siliconera

"

Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! studio Acquire has been working extensively with the PlayStation Vita hardware. The Akihabara based video game developer is finishing Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen for the system’s launch.

"We’ve been working on Vita stuff for awhile. We have a couple other Vita titles that are unannounced, that we’re working on as well. Those will be announced in upcoming months," Richie Casper said in an interview with Siliconera.

Acquire was also a strong supporter of the PSP with games like Patchwork Heroes, Gladiator Begins, and most recently Akiba’s Trip. Since Acquire has experience working with both of Sony’s handhelds, I asked Casper what his thoughts were about developing games for Vita.

"As far as Vita hardware goes, its definitely more powerful than the PSP. Just with any hardware, especially any Sony hardware, it’s learning all of the tricks. We are excited about it because we think it opens up possibilities," Casper replied. "We think Sony solved kind of what iPhone and iPad was doing. How people love just pulling [a device] out and doing touch for everything. The Vita is kind of the logical step in that direction."

"It’s a fun device. It’s always fun to get new hardware and just play on it. That’s one of the great things about being able to do early titles on the Vita, you get to take a lot of chances.  You get to take some risks, try new things. That’s kind of the time to take risks and try out IPs."

Sumioni is, perhaps, one of Acquire’s risky projects. Compared to Shinobido 2, which is a sequel from a tried and true genre – stealth action, Sumioni is a sumi-e style platformer. The PlayStation Vita title puts players in control of an ogre with a magical paintbrush he can use to create platforms and summon elements by writing kanji (Japanese characters). Sumioni will be available in Japan a few months after the system launches with a February 9 release date. As of now, the game has not been announced for North America, but Casper said it has a "better than average" chance for an overseas release.

"From a gamer’s perspective, it’s a nice piece of hardware. It’s fun to play on and it’s not that much bigger than the PSP-3000. The back touch screen is kind of a new thing, it takes a little while to figure out what to do with that. It’s always cool to have new things you can do with a piece of hardware and games just look great on it," said Luke Rideout, Producer of the Class of Heroes series.

"Let’s be honest, it’s awesome to have two analog sticks. When we first got the finalized hardware for the dev kits, we pulled it out and were holding it thinking this is pretty awesome. Wow, this is cool! You can play any kind of console game on a portable system if you want or you can do touch games," Casper added. "There is a lot of freedom in how you develop games for it, which is both exciting and scary at the same time. Because then, it’s how much do you utilize which because if you go too crazy things get overly complicated."

Sumioni tries to blend both gameplay styles by using the analog stick for walking and the touch screen for summoning creatures. Check out our hands-on impressions of Sumioni here.

"

So shinobido 2 and SumiOni and even more games! I can't wait to see what these creative devs are gonna bring next to the PSV!

and here's a fun fact

"PlayStation Vita launches in just a few days and according to a Famitsu poll 50.1% of their readers plan to buy the system at launch. Another 8.4% said they would by a PlayStation Vita by the end of the year and 31.6% plan to purchase a Vita sometime. Only 8.2% of polled people said they have no plans to buy a Vita and 1.2% are undecided.

The magazine also asked what game readers play to get with their system and Uncharted: Golden Abyss came out on top with 361 votes. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational wasn’t far behind with 315 votes and Persona 4: The Golden took third place with 192 votes.

1.) Uncharted: Golden Abyss – 361 votes
2.) Hot Shots: World Invitational – 315 votes
3.) Persona 4: The Golden – 192 votes
4.) Ridge Racer – 146 votes
5.) True Night of the Kamaitachi – 129 votes
6.) Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention – 126 votes
7.) Dynasty Warriors Next – 109 votes
8.) Touch My Katamari – 71 votes
9.) Tales of Innocence R – 69 votes
10.) Army Corps of Hell – 67 votes
11.) BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend – 61 votes
12.) Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen – 57 votes
13.) Lord of Apocalypse – 55 votes
14.) Dream Club Zero Portable – 53 votes
15.) Gravity Rush – 49 votes
16.) Final Fantasy X HD – 27 votes
17.) Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 23 votes
18.) Mahjong Fight Club: Rebirth Nationwide Battle Version – 13 votes
19.) Virtual Tennis 4 – 13 votes
20.) Ys Celecta: Sea of Trees – 12 votes"

well I ..didn't see that coming 0_o

and in more Gravity Daze news

"

Gravity Rush, the crazy Japanese PlayStation Vita title that lets you control gravity, has been rated by the ESRB, revealing new details about the game.

The Entertainment Software Rating Board rates the game as Teen, and gives a brief description:

This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of a woman on a quest to uncover the secrets of her past. As players manipulate gravity to traverse through fantastical environments, they engage in hand-to-hand combat with blob-like creatures (i.e., Nevi) that break apart and disappear when defeated. Players can also throw various projectiles (e.g., boxes, furniture, crystals) at nearby enemies; battles are highlighted by cries of pain and colorful light effects. Some cutscenes contain other instances of violence: a character beating up armed thugs; a girl getting “eaten” (i.e., absorbed) by a large Nevi. During the course of the game, some female characters wear revealing outfits, and one still-frame cutscene depicts a woman covering her breasts after dropping a towel. Some sequences depict up-skirt camera angles as players’ character flies through the air. The game also includes a protracted interaction with a drunken character (e.g., “Wow he smells like he crawled out of the bottle” and “Ahh, the flower of the nightclub! *Hic*”)."

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/12/05/esrb-rates-ps-vita-game-gravity-rush/

Kat fans UNITE! >_<

and moar release date info

"Tecmo Koei Europe has today announced that Dynasty Warriors NEXT will be released across Europe in early 2012. Developed by OMEGA FORCE for the PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) handheld entertainment system, Dynasty Warriors NEXT is the latest release in the best-selling Dynasty Warriors series lets you step into the shoes of the greatest generals in Ancient China and enjoy the thrill of taking down thousands of enemies."

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

morenoingrato said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

1. Just to soften you, yeah Gravity Daze does look cool

2. Bring it on!

nah :D not in this thread ..but don't worry :P we are detined for conflicts!

for what it's worth, I'm glad your checking out the thread ;) and yea Gravity is looking amazing

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

ProdigyBam said:

Here ya go pal

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4324009

that update was 3 days ago :D and it was on page 110...this thread is pretty active..anywho enjoy!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Sweet. Hopefully Acquire is working on a new Wizardry. And a new Gladiator. And Way of the Zombie!

M.U.G.E.N said:
ProdigyBam said:

Here ya go pal

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4324009

that update was 3 days ago :D and it was on page 110...this thread is pretty active..anywho enjoy!

WOW Looks impressive

Thank you very much :)

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY