By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Runa216 said:
so I got bored and checked out the Black Ops Declassified trailer a few more times, and I have to say...the hell is wrong with you people? it looks fine to me. Controls look fine, graphics look good, animations just as good as their console counterpart...the only thing BAD about it is that the gun shooting sounds are terrible. That's honestly it. Other than that, it's pretty much exactly Call of Duty.

While I'm certainly not saying you can't bag on Call of Duty, at least be consistent.

I'll be picking this up, for sure.

Thats the thing I wasn't a big fan to begin with (well after part 4), and the trailer didn't show my favourite thing in COD right now zombiess.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
Runa216 said:
so I got bored and checked out the Black Ops Declassified trailer a few more times, and I have to say...the hell is wrong with you people? it looks fine to me. Controls look fine, graphics look good, animations just as good as their console counterpart...the only thing BAD about it is that the gun shooting sounds are terrible. That's honestly it. Other than that, it's pretty much exactly Call of Duty.

While I'm certainly not saying you can't bag on Call of Duty, at least be consistent.

Thats the thing I wasn't a big fan to begin with (well after part 4), and the trailer didn't show my favourite thing in COD right now zombiess.

but I don't see people complaining about it lacking features, they complain about it looking terrible, they complain about the graphics and animations, they complain about...well, graphics and animations, both of which i think look good! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
SnakeDrake said:
Runa216 said:

but I don't see people complaining about it lacking features, they complain about it looking terrible, they complain about the graphics and animations, they complain about...well, graphics and animations, both of which i think look good! 

I cant say for sure but I think they use the COD engine an engine that looks good 4 years ago.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Runa216 said:
SnakeDrake said:
Runa216 said:

People see a little aliasing and freak the #$@! out, thinking it's the worst thing since whatever came before sliced bread. They don't even know what they are looking at.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

SnakeDrake said:

I cant say for sure but I think they use the COD engine an engine that looks good 4 years ago.

I think this is the problem, that game/series never looked good to begin with.  It was over hyped 4 years ago, and hasn't aged well.  The low res of the framebuffer just makes the game look worse.

Around the Network

but...graphics don't matter. They don't. and even if they did, this is a friggin handheld game, I'm not too worried about it as long as it plays well.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

RafaelOrix said:
Thank you :) And I agree with you, I like to unlock characters on fighting games and I kinda miss it. It used to work as a motivation to come back to the game.

Yeah. Same here. :)

By the way... everywhere I go... with my computer or with my feet... I hear people just saying Vita's sales are abysmal, especially in Japan.

I don't hear a lot of people talking about the lack of games or about the price. Also because, I'll tell it for the 3525332523th time, it's not 250 anymore.

They are just worried about the sales. Rightfully so, unfortunately. And so am I. And... about the choice of games. Because, let's never forget, a handheld console always needs some games suited for a handheld console. Unfortunately, again, I see a lot of games that scream "little ps3 here". That's not good. :(

Sorry if someone gets mad because of my post. I probably love my Vita more than anyone else in this topic. Last thing I see every night before falling asleep is my Vita. A game, a video... anything. I don't sleep if I don't have my Vita on my hands. Once or twice it even fell right on my face. lol. So... I want nothing but the best for this console.

That's why I'm worried.

MattyPeq said:
Runa216 said:
Thank you :) And I agree with you, I like to unlock characters on fighting games and I kinda miss it. It used to work as a motivation to come back to the game.

Yeah. Same here. :)

By the way... everywhere I go... with my computer or with my feet... I hear people just saying Vita's sales are abysmal, especially in Japan.

I don't hear a lot of people talking about the lack of games or about the price. Also because, I'll tell it for the 3525332523th time, it's not 250 anymore.

They are just worried about the sales. Rightfully so, unfortunately. And so am I. And... about the choice of games. Because, let's never forget, a handheld console always needs some games suited for a handheld console. Unfortunately, again, I see a lot of games that scream "little ps3 here". That's not good. :(

Sorry if someone gets mad because of my post. I probably love my Vita more than anyone else in this topic. Last thing I see every night before falling asleep is my Vita. A game, a video... anything. I don't sleep if I don't have my Vita on my hands. Once or twice it even fell right on my face. lol. So... I want nothing but the best for this console.

That's why I'm worried.

whoa, what?  when did you get t hat quote from?  I don't recall ahving EVER said that becuase I HATE unlocking characters....you sure it was me? No, it can't have been becuase there is a smileyface, and I don't do emoticons.  the only emoticon I have ever done is the tongueyface :P, and even then I only do it with certain people.  

What happened here? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

lol we need a multiquote function in these forums....badly!

@Loy: exactly...fantastic time for Vita owners :D

@Demon: I agree....my future gf is in for a real surprise lolololol

@AC Liberations video: HOLY COW!!!! 0_0 this looks beyond impressive isn't it? Same engine as AC3 too. Excellent '

@COD vita: yeah I think I was a bit too harsh too. I think part of the problem was the quality of the video stream (looks much better on direct youtube video) and also the fact that it was shown after the gawdjus looking KZ. But since now zombie mode is also confirmed, I think the game will turn out to be just fine and will sell just fine.

aaaaaand also MOAR good news peeps

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/need-for-speed-most-wanted-vitas-hidden-gem

So when you get behind the wheel of a BMW M5 in Need for Speed Vita it’ll feel exactly the same as it does on PS3. The handling is just as sharp and responsive, the drifting as perfectly pitched, which is impressive considering the differences between two machines. “On handheld the physics are very hard to get right because you’re very limited on memory but the handling is pretty much the same,” explains Ward. “We can do the same demo on Vita that we can on PS3.”
Better still, all of the detail from the home console game is carried over too, so as a race progresses your car gets scuffed and scraped, and damaged with every knock it takes. There will be races at different times of the day too, and while Criterion is still hard at work populating the city and implementing many of the features, we did see the switch from daytime to dusk, with your car’s headlights flickering into action to illuminate the tarmac ahead.
Impressively, Ward promises that all of the cars will feature in the game, and they look fantastic on Vita’s small but punchy screen. “These cars are the best cars ever to appear in a Need for Speed game,” he enthuses, “and they’re the same here as they are on PS3 and 360. To get them onto Vita like this is ******* insane.” And like its bigger brother, Vita’s recreation of the city of Fairhaven will be littered with supercars waiting to be found. Stumbled upon a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S? Simply jack it and it’s yours to keep.
Multiplayer will be fully supported, with all of the modes and challenges making the jump onto Sony’s handheld. Unfortunately cross-play isn’t going to feature – the idea of PS3 and Vita owners going head-to-head was a little too ambitious – but it will fully support Autolog. So when you race on the Vita version – or indeed any version of the game, including iPad – you’re constantly earning Speed Points that accumulate on your Autolog profile, all of which help bump you up the Most Wanted leaderboards.
Need for Speed will make use of Vita’s unique functionality too, and the touchscreen can be used to quickly access HUD information in the middle of a race. But Ward was quick to iterate that it won’t impact how the game plays, and that thankfully “you won’t be driving using the touchscreen.” Or the gyro, we hope.
Most Wanted on Vita is an ambitious project, then, but one whose ambition is more than matched by the talent of the developer behind the game. Criterion’s racing pedigree is unquestionable, and with Hot Pursuit and now Most Wanted it’s brought the Need for Speed name back to the top of its game. While some developers outsource handheld versions of big franchises to enable them to focus on the home console versions, it’s a testament to Criterion’s commitment that it kept the project to itself. “It would’ve been really easy to do Vita out of house,” says Ward. “We did that on some of our previous games. But when I saw the specs for the Vita, I knew we had to do it.”
I’m thankful they chose to do it, too.

Read the above at the link...will be easier to read :P

oh and KZ Mercs is confirmed to be made with the KZ3 engine 0_o..I can just imagine how the final product will be like

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

oh and i saw that lil argument about 3rd parties be hating on Cross buy feature

Here's some food for thought on that...EA is actually considering doing the same for NFS Most Wanted :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!