By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Chark said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/09/could-littlebigplanet-vita-be-the-best-lbp-ever Wow, i can't wait. Everyone watch this little big planet video. Could be the game changer vita needs.

I remember Media Molecule admitting that the team doing LBP Vita made a better game then they did, which is kind of sad but amazing at the same time. Honestly LittleBigPlanet has been an improving game since its inception so this being the best one is not surprising to me at all. Oh, and I played the demo before the Vita launched an it was awesome mini games and cool levels all the way.

There's still one thing that I hate about LittleBigPlanet: the physics.  don't get me wrong, the physics are GOOD, I just don't like them.  I wish you could jump higher and with a bit more control.  I know it's not accurate, but this is a game about little men made out of fabric and stuffing, I'm not too worried about the real physics engine. 

I admit straight up that it's the one thing keeping me from loving LittleBigPlanet.  the humor is top notch, th elevel designs are amazing, the play-create-share mantra is (in my opinion) the future of gaming...we just need a game that offers everything LBP has with the physics of, say, mario or something.  

Still getting it on Vita when it comes out, though. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Chark said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/09/could-littlebigplanet-vita-be-the-best-lbp-ever Wow, i can't wait. Everyone watch this little big planet video. Could be the game changer vita needs.

I remember Media Molecule admitting that the team doing LBP Vita made a better game then they did, which is kind of sad but amazing at the same time. Honestly LittleBigPlanet has been an improving game since its inception so this being the best one is not surprising to me at all. Oh, and I played the demo before the Vita launched an it was awesome mini games and cool levels all the way.

There's still one thing that I hate about LittleBigPlanet: the physics.  don't get me wrong, the physics are GOOD, I just don't like them.  I wish you could jump higher and with a bit more control.  I know it's not accurate, but this is a game about little men made out of fabric and stuffing, I'm not too worried about the real physics engine. 

I admit straight up that it's the one thing keeping me from loving LittleBigPlanet.  the humor is top notch, th elevel designs are amazing, the play-create-share mantra is (in my opinion) the future of gaming...we just need a game that offers everything LBP has with the physics of, say, mario or something.  

Still getting it on Vita when it comes out, though. 

I must admit that I've never played any lbp games. Had a PS3 and didnt get it, not even on my son's hacked psp :p But I'm quite excited for the Vita version and I'm not sure why...

Anyways, lbp Vita is a sure buy for me along with Ragnarok Odyssey, SF VS Tekken, Persona 4 (damn, Persona 3 is driving me nuts but I just cant stop playing it), and AC III Liberation.

When its all said and done, when all the games dated for this year releases and PSone support is also released and we get access to all of the psone classics on psn, even if every single developer stops supporting the vita, i'd still be set for the next 3-4 years AHAHAHAHAHA.

I agree with you Runa, that's what makes LBP so difficult. Sackboy is a slow runner and that effects jumping, a little faster and a little more control might make it too easy though, idk.

Those who care about remote play, I didn't really think about this before but physical PSone games work. I was playing FFXIII the other day. I don't have a BC PS3, does it work for PS2 games? So all you Final Fantasy Fanatics can play some FF Vita while you wait for FF X HD.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

This is so frustrating...I may have to give up on this fantastic game!

So I have the PS1 version of Final Fantasy V on my PSP (I have V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX all on my PSP, like a baws), which has this pretty gnarly save glitch. Basically, when you go to the save menu, the whole thing messes up much like the sketch glitch from Final Fantasy VI. well, no problem...exit the menu, return, repeat until it works. Okay, that's not that big of a deal, I'll survive. Well, I learned the hard way that rarely (maybe 1 in 100 save attempts), the whole thing freezes up and you can't save your game period. Well, I just did an entire dungeon and beat the boss, stealing the VERY hard to steal Gengi Helmet....only to leave (two hours or progress since my last save, including two boss battles that each took half an hour)...to have the game freeze on me and reset the system.

I
Was
FURIOUS!

and now I have to play two review games, including Growlanser IV on the Vita, and I REALLY don't want to not finish Final Fantasy V becuase other than the save glitch it's an absolutely phenomenal game (I'd put it on par with the excellent Final Fantasy IV), but realistically I'm on a deadline to finish this other RPG that I know will take a while, and I know deep down inside that if I leave Final Fantasy V to play it...I likely won't return, becuase once I move on, I rarely ever return to a game.

What do?

I'm thinking I'll keep both my Vita and PSP on me to finish up the last few hours of FFV (I have a few dungeons to finish before I head to fight ExDeath) as I intersperse it with bits of Growlanser and Retro Grade.

Then later in the month I have Rock Band Blitz, and maybe Papo and Yo.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I never minded the floaty physics of LBP, if it controlled like Mario the levels would be completely different. And the levels are really the best part of LBP. I've always been a fan of LBP the level editor is my main draw although I've never created anything that i felt was worth publishing. I hope LBP vita changes that, like sound shapes there's something great about laying around playing with stuff. It's better than doing it on my 43 inch plasma. Yeah i said it, things can be better on a handheld and i believe creating is one of them. You could take it down to the coffee shop or at you favorite hang out and just in the grove of doing things that might be too distracting at the house.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
yeah, Jet Set Radio for 10 bucks is pretty damn awesome. Truth be told, I had no interest in the game, but for that price I am physically incapable of saying no. 10 bucks is a couple coffees, that's nothing to risk on a 'classic'. if I don't like it, big deal, it's 10 bucks.

Great choice. And you will not regret it, I guarantee you. :)

Mmmfishtacos said:
Sounds shapes death mode has melted my face off...

lol

Is it that hard?

Squall_Leonhart said:
For the Vita to survive the console needs to get some games announced at Gamescom, the following would be fantastic:

Grand Theft Auto - the highest selling game for the PSP at over 7million so would be a hit.
Gran Turismo - The PSP game did not sell too well but i feel a beefed up Vita version would work wonders.
God of War - Another portable GOW game would go down very well in my book as the others were great.
Final Fantasy - At this time it would make perfect sense to have FF Type-0 moved onto the Vita.

And the most obvious game, but most difficult to get, would be Monster Hunter for the Japan Audience as this would be guaranteed to shift consoles just by it being announced let alone when it releases.

I really hope that Sony manage to get back on track with the console as I do love my Vita and want it to be as successful if not more so than the PSP was.

Yeah! That's the right mindset! :D And let's hope Japanese gamers will be smart enough to go out and buy a Vita (if they don't own one already) and Project Diva ƒ as soon as shops open the 30th.

Chark said:

Just beat the challenge tower in Mortal Kombat. Madness I tell you. Well time to start the second challenge tower...woe is me.

I gave up instead. lol. I mean... I had to jump some challenges to reach the top. When you totally suck at 2D fighting games (I do), that game is impossible to Platinum. :(

I'm happy to see that there is a lot of love for Gravity Rush. :)

Runa216 said:
Chevinator123 said:
does anyone know if multiplayer has been confirmed for AC: Liberation?

Not sure if it's confirmed, but I do know it was supposedly included.  I remember hearing about that but I don't know where. 

It must be, because i just found this pre-order bonus.

Chevinator123 said:
Runa216 said:
Chevinator123 said:
does anyone know if multiplayer has been confirmed for AC: Liberation?

Not sure if it's confirmed, but I do know it was supposedly included.  I remember hearing about that but I don't know where. 

It must be, because i just found this pre-order bonus.

Humm I can see the exclusive mutiplayer character and his a bodyguard. So it conforms two things.

1. Theres a multiplayer in the game

2. One of the area's you can travel to is an indian village.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

So, I had nothing else better to do and I remembered that my son's PSP was on the latest firmware so i decided to take a look at the PSN store and MY LORD!! I didn't realize that PSONE classics went for $5.99 and $9.99! Damn! Sony should look into bringing those prices down since many of those games are like 2 decades old already!

If Sony wants to compete with Apples and Androids app stores, a drastic drop in prices for classic games should be their priority. Think about it, psone games for $2.99-$5.99... I'd buy those games over anything the apple store or adroid stor has.

Squall_Leonhart said:

Gran Turismo - The PSP game did not sell too well but i feel a beefed up Vita version would work wonders.

A Vita version of GT would sell much better than the PSP version, imo.  GT PSP came out too late, too close to GT5 & while piracy was too rampant on the system.  If a Vita version came out in the next 12 months or so, it would push a lot of systems & sell a lot of copies.

Especially if it had a career mode.  Although, honestly, I'm not sure how well that would work on a portable system.  The PSP version got a lot of flack for not including it but it went for a more portable approach of short races here and there, which I thought was better.