By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

@MUGEN Nice I don't usually play mortal kombat games but for cheap I might try that one out. thanks

Around the Network

UNGH! Regardless of price MK sucks balls!

http://lbpinternship.eu.playstation.com/

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

@ils haha yea I sorta agree :P

Ugh, this is really beginning to piss me off. I was over on Memebase when I saw one of those "Why can't I hold all these ____" images, with nothing in the dude's hand, and it was titled "Why can't I hold all these Vita games?" and the caption was "Because there are no Vita games"

why is everyone so insistent on making the Vita a failure, or at least making it look like a failure. we all know the system is great, everyone who HAS one loves it (except Jim Sterling, who is perpetuating the "Vita has no gaemz" mantra), yet the general consensus is that the vita has no games...in spite of the fact that it has easily had one of the best launches in history. I dare anyone to find a console or handheld as many exclusive games that got an 80 or higher on metacritic in the first six months. We already have Gravity rush, Uncharted, Wipeout, Lumines, Super Stardust Delta, and Mutant Blobs Attack, not to mention the fantastic versions of console games it has, like Rayman Mortal Kombat, MLB 12 The show, Disgaea 3, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, etc.

And that's not even including the two heavy hitters coming out this holiday season, as well as the god only knows how many ports.

There has to be a way to stop this nonsense; you;'d figure after the PS3's performance (Sony's last effort) and the 3DS's first year (the last handheld released), people would learn not to doom-say a console in its first months...especially not when it's actually got a better library in its first 6 months than any console in history thus far. (seriously, almost no consoles have a great first year, some get awesome launch titles then get nothing for 6 months, others like the PS3 flounder for years before getting a solid library)

Why do people hate sony so much? even the "what fanboys are the worst" thread, Sony is 'winning' by a wide margin, even though Sony Fanboys only ever became notorious BECAUSE Microsoft fanboys were laughing at them for defending the Ps3's disastrous launch and first couple years.

the hell is wrong with people?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I think because of the Nintendo Fanboy and people want psv games  in ps3  support psv mean less support to ps3

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Runa216 said:
Ugh, this is really beginning to piss me off. I was over on Memebase when I saw one of those "Why can't I hold all these ____" images, with nothing in the dude's hand, and it was titled "Why can't I hold all these Vita games?" and the caption was "Because there are no Vita games"

why is everyone so insistent on making the Vita a failure, or at least making it look like a failure. we all know the system is great, everyone who HAS one loves it (except Jim Sterling, who is perpetuating the "Vita has no gaemz" mantra), yet the general consensus is that the vita has no games...in spite of the fact that it has easily had one of the best launches in history. I dare anyone to find a console or handheld as many exclusive games that got an 80 or higher on metacritic in the first six months. We already have Gravity rush, Uncharted, Wipeout, Lumines, Super Stardust Delta, and Mutant Blobs Attack, not to mention the fantastic versions of console games it has, like Rayman Mortal Kombat, MLB 12 The show, Disgaea 3, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, etc.

And that's not even including the two heavy hitters coming out this holiday season, as well as the god only knows how many ports.

There has to be a way to stop this nonsense; you;'d figure after the PS3's performance (Sony's last effort) and the 3DS's first year (the last handheld released), people would learn not to doom-say a console in its first months...especially not when it's actually got a better library in its first 6 months than any console in history thus far. (seriously, almost no consoles have a great first year, some get awesome launch titles then get nothing for 6 months, others like the PS3 flounder for years before getting a solid library)

Why do people hate sony so much? even the "what fanboys are the worst" thread, Sony is 'winning' by a wide margin, even though Sony Fanboys only ever became notorious BECAUSE Microsoft fanboys were laughing at them for defending the Ps3's disastrous launch and first couple years.

the hell is wrong with people?

@ bold, that's my biggest problem with it.  People just don't seem to want it to succeed, they just want to see it fail - it's really disheartening.  I don't even mind the discussion of sales figures for it saying it's doing badly, because they're just based on facts.  But loads of people always chime in with "Vita is dead" or "Nothing will save it", there's just no reasoning with them.  And it really doesn't help the cause either, because anyone who's slightly interested in the console but wants to read a bit about it will just see loads of "don't bother, it's already dead" discussion, which is far from true.

@ italics, I have no idea.  There seems to be some real bad will towards Sony still, the only thing I can chalk it down to is Microsoft fans hatred from the start of the generation just never dying down. 

I was talking to a colleague of mine in work today.  Big 360 fan, and there was just no reasoning with him at all about PS3.  He still thinks Sony are this evil company who screwed the gamer for three generations, apparently.  When I tried to explain to him the things Microsoft were doing this generation which - in my opinion - were far worse than anything Sony had ever done, he didn't want to hear it.  When I tried to suggest some of the things he might enjoy on PS3 (he likes survival horror, so I suggested Siren: Blood Curse), he just wasn't interested.  360 or nothing.

In any case, a lot of this bad will seems to transfer over to Vita.  

In addition, I think people are grossly over-estimating the machine.  Based on PSP/DS race, things weren't particularly close but PSP carved out a nice niche for itself and became a popular, and profitable machine among certain gamers.  I have no doubt Vita will do the same once it picks up some steam again.  But people are more happy to just write it off already which is both infuriating and very silly.

@Runa I've been saying it for awhile it feels like someone start an anti vita online campaign to kill vita sells. I've heard more ppl say yea vita is nice but I'm not getting it bc it doesn't have games. The other thing is spreading random nonsense (vita screen has a 5000 hour life) (vita is dead sony doesn't support it anymore) and don't forget rating vita version of ps3 games lower than the original score.

@kresnik you made good points and I agree with what you said. I didn't realize so many ppl hate sony until recently and I still don't understand why. I think each company has done their own thing to screw us over but I don't hate any of them. I still have faith that the vita will repeat the psp and find its place. That's all I ever wanted or expected ^^

@Runa

I agree with you. I always thought things were more civil before Xbox came onto the market, three consoles is a bar fight. I could be wrong since I was young back during the Sega and Nintendo days when apparently everybody and their grandma burned neighbors houses down or so they claim. I was cool with whatever and everyone I knew was too.

It seems now everyone is making fun of Nintendo, not liking Xbox for pay for online/RROD/lack of exclusives, and a Sony hate train that's centered around a few executive quotes from 7 years ago. Then there is this whole Geohot debacle fueling a crusade against business and a consumer's right to free stuff (despite good intentions for consumer rights, modify your systems in your own home and stop handing out instructions online, these products only exists because of the market)

I'm not really surprised that Vita has been a target of anti-marketing. It's extremely difficult to launch a new product when it's the "in" thing to hate the company. Some people are getting a kick out of Vita's low sales, some people are pushing public opinion to make Sony "pay", and if it's not that it is the residual of what Sony went through last year with the hacking. People are easily manipulated and though the internet is an unwieldy beast if someone can create a wave of opinion it will establish a group of thought that will spread. Even a small group online can be thousands and thousands of people who all continue spreading the thought.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(