By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata WiiU cost likle more than 20,000 yens shares falls

If MS can sell X360s for $199, then my guess is that the Wii U will sell for about $299, the controller isn't really high tech, it doesn't have processors, it's just a regular controller with an old tech touchscreen and an old tech camera.

Around the Network

I advised selling Ninty stock on here a few weeks ago when the Cafe rumours started popping up, this one is going to take some explaining before consumers get it.

I think I said rebuy at $23.50, which I'll stand by.

I do what I can for my fellow gaming peeps :)

I could handle $299. Or, you know, $300.

Sounds reasonable, although it's kidna early to tell.

Above: still the best game of the year.

I'm thinking $299

Around the Network

between $300 and $400 is my estimate. i heard that some of the tech that went into IBM's Watson(like the processor or something) was in WiiU. i doubt it is true, but if it is, that may push the price up significantly.

Resident_Hazard said:

What about $299.99? :P

OT: I'm thinking no more than $350 with a Wii-Sports level of awesome game if they want to make even a dent.

I would expect that controller to be atleast 99$ in price. Also since they aren't going to sell them separately, I think the price is more than likely the reason for it. Cause that price is way too high for just a controller.

the 299$ price is plausible, but what would that remaining 200$ contain if controller alone is 99$? They have to have a profit margin also, so the other parts can't be too expensive. They would have tougher time to recover from losses than sony did if they start selling it for loss since Nintendo is just a video game company.

RCTjunkie said:
Resident_Hazard said:

What about $299.99? :P

OT: I'm thinking no more than $350 with a Wii-Sports level of awesome game if they want to make even a dent.

I think it's fair to say that if they don't include some kind of game in the box, or pre-installed on the system, it's not going to do very well.  Nintendo grabbed the casual gamers for a lot of reasons, and including a game in the box was one of them.  They need to have a pack-in tech-demo game of sorts if they want to show people what the machine can do.

Vashyo said:
I would expect that controller to be atleast 99$ in price. Also since they aren't going to sell them separately, I think the price is more than likely the reason for it. Cause that price is way too high for just a controller.

the 299$ price is plausible, but what would that remaining 200$ contain if controller alone is 99$? They have to have a profit margin also, so the other parts can't be too expensive. They would have tougher time to recover from losses than sony did if they start selling it for loss since Nintendo is just a video game company.

The more I think about it, the more I believe the controller will probably be $60 to $75 at retail if the Wii U supports multiple controllers