By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3: Nintendo WINS!

I just finished watching E3 and after disappointing press conferences from Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo brought back a smile. 

This has to be among the best Nintendo conferences. Presentation was much more exiciting and visually stunning. Wii U was announced, though despite it's uncanny name it is by far again a great innovation from Nintendo. I thought to myself during their showing 'This is something Apple would do if they came into the console battle". No longer will we have to share a screen or have the TV on. It's social features, upcoming games (unannounced), and features makes it a machine with the most potential. We could be surpised later on....

The Nintendo 3DS won E3 in terms of games. It finally adressed it's software problem. I was worried when Vita was announced to be priced at $250. That is value for less. But it all comes down to games and system sellers. Oh boy did the biggest system seller show up with FORCE!

Super Mario, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario

I was blown when all of these showed up. 

Then we had Star Fox 64, Kid Icarus, and Animal Crossing................SUPER SMASH BROS INCOMING!

And of course just by show casing Wii U, it is enough but Nintendo clearly brought more.

http://youtu.be/TMXkYhdEDjU- Luigi'sM2

http://youtu.be/lNKcY1eMnLw   Super Mario3DS

http://youtu.be/E_SxDWwQ8ik -Kid I Uprising

http://youtu.be/-vxk3sqYBVA -MK

Around the Network

I disagree that Nintendo won, but it was far better than Microsoft's conference.

if someone was a wii owner was there anything for it? nothing

just 3ds games and showing a console for 2012, it was the worst

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

gee, ya think? It didn't take much to do that since Sony and MS had lackluster presentations, but Nintendo had an atom bomb to announce and even if MS and Sony had been immaculate they still wouldn't have won

At least someone isn't being a spoiled, whiny baby about it. Good for you, and I agree.

Around the Network

Don't think so. They didn't support the Wii at all, and they showed almost all games that were already announced for 3DS, Nothing new to the Wii U.

Next gen users won.
Wii made a new definition of failing though.

The conference was better but I mean come onnnnnnnnnnnnn. I love mario, I really do but for the love of good, move the hell on. How many more times can you repackage Mario Kart racing into another console? How many more rehashes and remakes can we keep coming up with? Again, I love the Mario franchise but I am sick and tired of this. I want new IPs, new mascots, new GAMES. Zelda and Mario have been holding Nintendo's balls for long enough. Take a risk with your software, try something new. This is my fundamental problem with Nintendo. Great products and good software but it's the same stuff and people eat it up which baffles me. I really don't understand them but if it's what the people want, so be it. I will patiently wait for a new IPs before I pick up another nintendo console

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
The conference was better but I mean come onnnnnnnnnnnnn. I love mario, I really do but for the love of good, move the hell on. How many more times can you repackage Mario Kart racing into another console? How many more rehashes and remakes can we keep coming up with? Again, I love the Mario franchise but I am sick and tired of this. I want new IPs, new mascots, new GAMES. Zelda and Mario have been holding Nintendo's balls for long enough. Take a risk with your software, try something new. This is my fundamental problem with Nintendo. Great products and good software but it's the same stuff and people eat it up which baffles me. I really don't understand them but if it's what the people want, so be it. I will patiently wait for a new IPs before I pick up another nintendo console

yawn

WHY?  would mario kart be better if they threw in random new mascot? 

and something new?  please list games for the other systems.  NO NUMBERS ALLOWED.

I agree. While the 3DS stuff was kind of meh, I've never been a fan of portables. Everyone knows the good and trustworthy Wii has been pretty much abandoned by developers, so not showing much about it is not a surprise.

But the Wii U stole the show. The controller is brilliant and sleek, it has power, and it has games. All the good stuff I have a gaming PC for, like Arkham Asylum, DiRT, Ninja Gaiden, , Metro, probably Mass Effect 3... in addition to the good Nintendo stuff. If they add Valve to that, I'll probably abandon PC gaming completely.